2020 Democratic Primary

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion and Philosophy -(FORUM CLOSED)-' started by Helljumper, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Sentient Meat

Sentient Meat - Rookie -

I'm in my fifties

2. BangBoomPow

BangBoomPow - Lakers Starter -

My last post had zero insults or personal attacks. You sure like making yourself out to be the victim. And never once did I say transsexuals are rapists and that progressive policies are freeloading. It must be tough being you and having a victim mentality.

Lakeshow85 likes this.
  3. Bryant

Bryant - Lakers 6th Man -

I think we need some laughter in here guys...

[​IMG]

:Laugh:

4. Bryant

Bryant - Lakers 6th Man -

5. BangBoomPow

BangBoomPow - Lakers Starter -

Wow, some people are just stupid as hell! And these are the people who are supposed to be giving us the 'news'? No wonder Trump got elected!

Lakeshow85 and sirronstuff like this.
  6. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    :Laugh:

This is how I think of most Democrats right or wrong lol

7. revgen

revgen - Lakers 6th Man -

Honest question. Does anybody here know someone who voted for Joe Biden in the 2020 Democratic primaries?

8. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    Kamala Harris just endorsed Biden. A year ago she called him a racist.

9. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    That’s silly. He likes touching all women.

revgen and John3:16 like this.
  10. John3:16

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    Fixed

revgen likes this.
  11. revgen

revgen - Lakers 6th Man -

12. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

It's quite simple. Bernie is a nut that was talking about tearing down the economy and building a new one; an economy that (until this coronavirus panic) was doing very well for most people. Yes, some people slipped through the cracks, but for most people things are going quite well. It's a tone deaf message to come in and want to tear down something that is working for most people, and the people it's not working for (mostly the young) are the least likely to vote. The Democrats rallied around Biden because years of political science have shown that relying on young voters never works. They need to get Trump out of office and Bernie would not have done that, period. Biden has a shot.

revgen likes this.
  13. John3:16

CEO - Big Baller Brand

:Laugh::LLLLLebronlaughing:

revgen likes this.
  14. Sentient Meat

Sentient Meat - Rookie -

If Bernie is crazy, than so was FDR and LBJ (the original one)

Medicare was once thought to be radical and the only reason it passed was because the Democrats had a super majority probably due to the sentiments after the JFK assassination

The DNC and mainstream corporate media masterfully dispatched Bernie and his supporters with a brilliant misinformation campaign designed to frighten Democrat voters into submission

Unfortunately for them, Republicans don't watch CNN and MSNBC

This year will be a sh*tstorm thanks to the tanking economy and the coronavirus... so I will take heart that at least Bernie won't get blamed for what's to come... but a decent man got cheated again by a corrupt system.

I pray for all Americans that we get through this okay regardless of party affiliation but this is going to be a bumpy ride

15. Savory Griddles

One thing the last four years have taught me is there is a large contingency of Trump supporters that no matter what he does or says, they will stand by him and justify it. If he murdered 100 puppies in Time Square on national television, his core would smile and convince themselves that somehow the puppies had it coming. Bernie enjoys the same type of allegiance from his faithful. Despite praising stuff that dictators did, or writing stories about women's rape fantasies, or promising free stuff for everyone by taking however much he needs to from everyone else...if Bernie says it, it's gospel.

Identity politics has taken us down a road where people aren't willing to think for themselves and produce their own set of beliefs. They feel the need to belong so they instead rally around a set of beliefs as if they are a package deal and believing in one thing necessitates believing in all of it.

revgen likes this.
  16. Savory Griddles

Biden can win. I personally won't vote for him or Trump. But Biden is the only person over there that has a shot. (Bloomberg might have if he had even a shred of charisma.) I don't think Biden will win, but he can.

17. Sentient Meat

Sentient Meat - Rookie -

Bernie is the antithesis of identity politics.

Anyone with a shred of common political sense would know it's insane to praise Castro's educational programs in the same way it would be praise Hitler for improving the German economy... but Bernie told the truth in spite of probably losing Florida with that comment.

That's what people like about him and disliked about Warren... he's honest to a fault. Liz was too pragmatic... Bernie too idealistic

The rape fantasies stuff I haven't read but I've been told it's been taken out of context and blown way out of proportion. Maybe like taking some Penthouse Forum letters from forty years ago and turning its authors into raving perverts

The free stuff narrative is nonsense. Who bailed out the banks and now possibly the oil industry?

Corporate welfare is fine but saving the poor is wasteful?

You can disagree with the methodology, but trying to prioritize healthcare and education over war and corporate welfare is a noble cause.

18. John3:16

CEO - Big Baller Brand

Just watch the first 2 minutes. Cussing out voters.... no, he can't win. Dementia is a horrible disease. So is his attitude where he feels he can cuss at people asking questions in a mature manner.

sirronstuff likes this.
  19. Savory Griddles

I mean, Trump does the same sort of stuff in his tweets. I don't like Biden. I think he's a weak candidate. But I don't like Trump either. I wrote someone in last time. I will do the same this time. But to think Biden is going to be a pushover is severely underestimating how badly a great deal of the country hates Trump. Hillary got millions more votes than Trump and she was one of the most despicable people to run for office in recent memory.

You know I lean right/libertarian. But Trump vs Biden is 50/50 at this point. If Coronavirus gets a lot worse, I think Biden will win; fair or not as it pertains to the Presdient's actual impact (he has little to none).

20. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Worst set of candidates ever? I think it’s possible, I can maybe remember equally lame, but not worse. It’s wild to me that there are all these super smart people in the country, truly great people, and we can’t get one of them to run. I guess it takes a lot of money too, and it wouldn’t really matter because the president seems largely a figurehead to me fulfilling the agenda of every person behind him with the real power whispering in his ear, but still. You’d think we could at least find a likable figurehead.