2020 Democratic Primary

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion and Philosophy -(FORUM CLOSED)-' started by Helljumper, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Sentient Meat

Sentient Meat - Rookie -

It's DNC collusion just like they did for Hillary.

They know they need candidates with over 15% so they combine forces.

Meanwhile Warren stays as a spoiler splitting the progressive vote.

Smart politics but semantically speaking as cynical as gerrymandering.

Big money didn't get rich not knowing how to play the system.

2. BangBoomPow

BangBoomPow - Lakers Starter -

So it's not possible that Pete and Klobuchar support Biden? This is what is wrong with you Bernie fans. You guys think it's your way or no way. Somehow, the only ideas that people should support are the ones where everyone gets free things because why not, right? You really need a reality check. If you've followed the debates, you'd know that Pete was attacking Biden early on by calling him old and out of date with current politics. Amy had been attacking Pete viciously the past few debates regarding his inexperience. Both of these candidates ran on a platform of being more moderate than Bernie so of course, they will support the MODERATE candidate remaining. Give it a rest.

3. Sentient Meat

Sentient Meat - Rookie -

I said it was smart politics... but also cynical.

If you think the timing is no coincidence... well, that is your right.

Helljumper likes this.
  4. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    I was referring moreso about Warren staying in the race. In the same way you are arguing that it’s natural for Pete and Amy to endorse Biden since their views on policy align, naturally that same logic should have Warren drop out and endorse Bernie. She similarly has no mathematical chance and have similar policy views that Biden is opposed to.

But she’s not. Instead she coincidentally just got a lot of SuperPAC money to launch $14 million of Super Tuesday ads. This after once again underperforming in Nevada and South Carolina. Moderates coalescing around the front runner moderate makes sense and doesn’t suggest any type of “stealing”. Ensuring that the progressives do NOT coalesce and instead splinter each other’s votes? That sounds sketchy to me. I can’t imagine Warren has deluded herself into thinking that she has a path to victory. If she doesn’t drop out and it leads to a Biden victory, I’d be willing to bet she ends up with a comfy position in Biden’s cabinet.

Sentient Meat likes this.
  5. BangBoomPow

What kind of BS logic are you using? Let me spell it out for you.

Pete+Amy are both more moderate than left.
    Pete+Amy agrees more with Biden than Bernie.
    Pete+Amy don't see a way to victory individually.
    Pete+Amy believe Biden is the better candidate and since Super Tuesday is coming up, don't want to stay in the race and steal votes that would then allow Bernie to win.

In short, Pete+Amy want Biden to win. It's not a conspiracy. They just don't believe in Bernie.

6. Sentient Meat

Sentient Meat - Rookie -

Not all conspiracies are convoluted and complicated.

Let's see if either of those ends up as the VP nominee or a cabinet member.

All the major cable news outlets have pushed the narrative of Bernie as an extremist. Most of the newspapers are doing the same.

Their revenues rely on on advertising. They are owned by billionaires.

I don't blame billionaires for trying to preserve their money. I blame the 320 million suckers who buy their bullsh!t

7. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    The entire comment you’re responding to is acknowledging all the points you just said, but suggesting that there is something fishy about that same logic not applying to Warren’s strategy. What are you even taking about? Or did you just have an attack already drafted and didn’t even bother reading my comment?

8. BangBoomPow

Because he is an extremist. Are you out of touch with reality? Free college tuition, revoke college debt, free medicare for all (when the massive majority of Americans have private insurance). And political candidates selecting their competitors as cabinet members or as VP isn't uncommon. Hillary was Obama's Secretary of State. Ben Carson works under Trump's cabinet. Man, you must be new to how politics works or something.

9. BangBoomPow

What does Warren have to do with Pete and Amy? She doesn't. Her staying is irrelevant because if she really wanted to help Biden, she would go and support Biden right now rather than staying.

10. Sentient Meat

Sentient Meat - Rookie -

You think it's extreme paying for college and health care

I think it's extreme subsidizing the military industrial complex and corporate welfare.

I don't have a problem with people choosing the cabinet of their choice, (assuming they are qualified) I'm pointing out that it will be interesting if they find themselves either the front runners in 2024... or in a high cabinet position.

11. Sentient Meat

Sentient Meat - Rookie -

Her smart move is to split the progressive vote... then in a show of "team play" throw her support to Biden after Bernie is dead in the water.

Again, smart political maneuvering

12. BangBoomPow

You must be new. Bernie is absolutely an extremist. Free college for all, free medicare for all (despite an overwhelming amount of Americans primarily being private insured), eliminating college debt, etc., are all extremist policies.

Political candidates offering their competitors a VP or cabinet slot isn't new. Obama gave Hillary a Secretary of State position. Yes, I am sure Biden will help those who help him. That's common sense. Bernie helped AOC and now AOC is helping Bernie. So are the Jihad Squad members in Ilhan/Rashida. What's your point?

13. BangBoomPow

Nice conspiracy. Go write about it on Reddit.

14. Sentient Meat

Sentient Meat - Rookie -

I didn't state that as fact... I'm saying that's the smart play if you want to kill off Bernie's campaign.

I wish I could say it's not going to work... but the combined forces of big money look like they played the South Carolina political machinery like a charm.

The question is whether they can use the same cleverness to dethrone Trump

15. BangBoomPow

I can't with this guy. The fact Democrats don't even like Bernie is a testament to how much Bernie will get done if he were to be a president. I'm out. You are giving me a headache

16. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    Biden has early onset dementia. Sad to see, but his gaffes are a daily thing.

"We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men and women were created by go.... you know. You get the picture. That thing."
    --Joe Biden

revgen likes this.
  17. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

Butt and Buch now supporting Biden. Barf, this party is such trash.

revgen and John3:16 like this.
  18. BangBoomPow

Biden is heating up. Yikes. He will get destroyed by Trump... For his own health, his family should pull him out!

19. revgen

revgen - Lakers 6th Man -

His family (Hunter) needs him to win to avoid being extradited to Ukraine on corruption charges.

20. Bryant

Bryant - Lakers 6th Man -

Surprised to see how powerful Biden's win in South Carolina has helped him on Super Tuesday. Just a few weeks ago, most of us thought that his chances were getting slimmer and slimmer.

For Bernie, I think some of his flaws have shown. His general election chances compared to Biden and his lack of popularity in the African American vote has hurt him. It'll be interesting to see if there will a candidate similar to him in the future. Despite the fact I perhaps don't agree with him on some of his policies, I do find Bernie's authenticity and consistency on his ideas to be admirable and it's been a major driving force in his popularity.

BangBoomPow and revgen like this.