2020-21 Players' Transactions: Breaking News , Trades, Free Agents, And Rumors

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by TIME, Feb 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
  2. D-Fish Man

D-Fish Man - Lakers 6th Man -

For as much as I can't stand seeing our name show up in trade/FA/buyout rumors just to get clicks, it would be nice to see our name show up in the occasional headline about a trade/FA/buyout scenario actually happening. Can't help but feel like other teams are more on it than we are. I thought Rob was supposed to turn that around.

LaVarBallsDad likes this.
  3. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

He isn't getting bought out. Lol.

4. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

NY is going to tease us with a buyout and then at the 11th hour they're gonna be like JK.

5. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

he's not. but it would be f***ING DELICIOUS. he CAN'T go back to the clips. what's ballmer going to do? pay him to play for the pacers or something? if we got him, i think the clips get very concerned. though i think they should be now, tbh.

6. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

just don't see why mo does it, moreso than ny. his bird rights are more valuable to him than to them, really. do they need to overpay another pf/sf? no. does he need those bird rights for a s&t this summer so that he's not settling for charlotte's MLE or somesuch? yes.

Big Mamma Jamma and sirronstuff like this.
  7. KobeJeterKaep

KobeJeterKaep - Rookie -

Wow. Reggie is a big help to their already great bench. This really sucks.

8. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

Clips are like: "can we have 34 roster spots, please, we need depth."

9. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

Just go get Waiters; what can it hurt? We can always cut him.

KobeJeterKaep likes this.
  10. johnnyboy

johnnyboy - Lakers 6th Man -

Im Satoshi Nakamoto
    wow, morris and reggie.

11. Purp n Gold

Purp n Gold - Rookie -

Jackson to Clippers doesn't move the needle for me. If they want to eat into Lou Williams' minutes, be my guest. Jackson coming to the Lakers wouldn't have moved the needle either.

For the Clip, the only name I'm worried about is Kawhi. He is dead serious and the ASG was a reminder. No 6'3 guard will make a difference against him. At this point I want Lance Stephenson, JR Smith or Carroll. We need someone to throw at Kawhi. We need some damn size on the perimeter.

This has been my concern for a while now, my WMC's have been pointing towards this. Our disadvantage was made very clear to me in the Boston game. We'll see what Vogel has cooked up when they come to town this week.

sirronstuff likes this.
  12. BangBoomPow

BangBoomPow - Lakers Starter -

Not a huge fan of Reggie Jackson. I think Clippers are way too overpowered offensively that it would take away possessions from guys who are more efficient with the ball. I think this actually hurts the Clippers. Jackson does nothing for them that they need. IMO, Clippers were one big man who could defend the rim from being the title favorites. Right now, it's still a Bucks-Lakers-Clippers battle. But this just shows to you how great Jerry West is... When they want someone, he can get it done. I know Kobe is gone and it might be selfish for me to say this but I'd like for a great player to take it upon themselves to come to the Lakers and continue taking the Lakers tradition over after LeBron... Looking at Giannis...

13. nzahir

nzahir Guest

Our only saving grace is that the clippers have guys like Morris and Reggie take away shots and possession away from guys like Kawhi, PG, Trez inside, and maybe even Lou

They have so much damn firepower though its insane. 6 guys who are scoring over 15 ppg this year rn. We are at 2 lol

Now we are likely f***ED with rondo playing minutes in the playoffs.

I don't see any more decent point guards available. Not sure if Waiters or JR are the answers here

Harkless at least can play some d at the 3/4 and has been hitting the open 3 so far. But he is also not a great shooter. 34-35% this year on catch and shoot, not great. Under 30% last year, which is awful. Over 40% a couple years ago, but on very limited attempts. He is really meant for open corner 3s and defense. Limited min and special use, he would be a good player to have

Nobody saw Jamal Crawford please, 30% career ft shooter with worse defense than some of us.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/crawfja01.html#all_playoffs_per_game

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2020
  14. Purp n Gold

Purp n Gold - Rookie -

15. sirronstuff

Add the Lakers for clicks. Even Woj isn't immune to those methods unfortunately.

16. JLaker17

JLaker17 - Lakers Starter -

Its more of a loss because he really would've helped us. Clippers obviously get better, but I'm not sure its much. Its still scary considering how good they are and they have added two nice pieces the last month.

17. sirronstuff

The only Reggie Jackson I liked played for the Yankees. That is all.

18. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Fact of the matter is Vogel can improve our roster as if we had picked someone who was better all around than our last 3 or 4 players on the roster .... by playing Caruso over 30 minutes a game. Not the guard or the physical wing we wanted but good things typically happen more often than not when he plays. Vogel knows this and won’t waste it in the playoffs I’m confident / I hope.

19. BangBoomPow

BangBoomPow - Lakers Starter -

Are we sure Caruso can play 30 minutes per game and sustain that performance? I'm not positive we can rely on a first-timer who has never been in the playoffs to play heavy minutes in our rotation. That is where a guy like Rondo can still be immensely valuable, IMO. Our glaring issue is we are missing two wing defenders strong/big enough to get in front of Kawhi and PG. Expecting LeBron to take on that duty at age 35 is just a recipe for disaster. I applaud Rob for the job he did during the offseason but surely he understands that we are exposed in that area, yeah? And are we really that confident that AD can dominate Montrezl? Don't get me wrong, AD is a fantastic and arguably top five player but he does get shoved and bullied out of the paint quite easily due to his skinny lower body/frame. The key will be AD. I know LeBron can cancel out Kawhi or PG and then some. But can AD put pressure on the frontcourt to where LeBron doesn't have to create everything? That remains to be seen.

Big Mamma Jamma and sirronstuff like this.
  20. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

I’m just talking at the very least, more minutes for Caruso should happen, whoever he gets them from of our smaller players not tasked with the bigger wings we’ll face. 28-32 whatever doesn’t seem too much. Sub in sooner for guys struggling.

Big Mamma Jamma, Cookie and ZenMaster like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.