2020-21 Players' Transactions: Breaking News , Trades, Free Agents, And Rumors

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by TIME, Feb 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

Dwight/Cousins
    AD/Morris
    Lebron/Gallinari
    Oladipo/Redick
    Caruso/Rondo

This is my dream off-season that is semi-attainable.

2. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

That's something I am open to doing; he's always injured, but he would be an upgrade over somebody like Cook...

3. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

This ones a little interesting. Dude is definitely a gamer out there but his injury history is always concerning. He’d he the guy we really need on the offensive side, someone that can get their own shot consistently. But can he hold his own defensively?

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  4. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    Joe Harris for the exception

ElginTheGreat, TIME and Toneloc like this.
  5. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

If he buys into Vogel's defensive concept and works hard, sure. Anyone can play defense with our guys... one doesn't have to be a spectacular defender, but you have to be smart, willing and play team defense well. I think he could do it.

6. BangBoomPow

BangBoomPow - Lakers Starter -

I love Rose but when him and Bron were at Cleveland, it just didn't work. Rose needed the ball but when Bron was out there, Rose became an off-ball player and that's not his game. LeBron needs someone who can shoot+create plays+play off-ball to mesh well with him. It's why Kyrie worked so well and why Caruso + LeBron line-ups are amazing. If you can't shoot or play defense and are pretty much just a scoring guard who relies on attacking the paint like Rose is, I just don't see it meshing. It sounds good but putting them out there together would look bad.

7. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

yeah, if rose wanted to be a 20mpg backup that mostly played when lebron sat, it could work. there might also be some cheaper options for that.

Toneloc and LTLakerFan like this.
  8. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    But Caruso isn’t a shooter either

tada and JohnnyComeLately2k6 like this.
  9. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
  10. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

danny green/mcgee/avery bradley/two smacks to the mouth for PG

seriously, though:
    [​IMG]

11. JohnnyComeLately2k6

JohnnyComeLately2k6 - Lakers 6th Man -

Data Vampire Buckaroo
    [​IMG]

LTLakerFan, TIME and tada like this.
  12. BangBoomPow

BangBoomPow - Lakers Starter -

Yes but Caruso makes up for it on the defensive end, can play off-ball, and is good at cutting to the basket.

sirronstuff likes this.
  13. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

I'm not really sure whether today's Rose can shoot or not. After his 2017 injury, he really put the work in on his form and his 3 ball. It showed the next year when he shot a career best 37%,the second best FG% of his career at that point, and notched his first 50 point game.

Last year it dipped back down to 31%. I don't know whether that was because he had a squad in that 2018 Wolves team, so he got better looks and open looks. Whereas the Pistons roster is straight trash.

ElginTheGreat and abeer3 like this.
  14. karacha

I'm pretty sure he'd get better looks on our team. In any case, as a scorer, he still packs the punch and has a ton of experience. I'd trust Rose on the Lakers, no question.

15. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    Nothing could persuade me from being a Lakers fan but it would surprise and disappoint me. If I could put up with Jimmy in charge for 12 F'ing years, that surpasses anything negative that a Harden contract could ever do. But that alone would make me wonder if Pelinka and Jeannie had both contracted dementia at the same time.

16. karacha

How about some highlight videos from this season?

17. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    Laker fans are very fickle and have almost zero ability to recognize talent in anyone NOT currently on the Lakers team. It is a joke. It is clear on every Lakers site I have ever looked at or partaken in. Lebron, Wade, Garnett, CP3, Durant, Steph, the list goes on, have all been majorly disrespected for their abilities on Laker sites. I tend to look at it very differently. It is much better to respect your opposition because it makes defeating them even sweeter. Winning championships is hard work, it takes commitment and sacrifice. Beyond having the actual skills, you have to have the commitment and perseverance. There have been a number of highly skilled players who could NOT win the final contest.

Now, a couple of things, it is one thing to disrespect a players skills vs disrespecting his choices. See Kawhi. He really pissed me off. I was a major fan of his, kept up with him in college and was really proud of him when he had success in the league but after awhile, I realized he is a major prima donna. He has screwed under three teams of players along with all the FO's. The way he played the Lakers puts him as enemy #1 for me. He can go shoot himself. F him, I hate him as a player. But it is personal, it is not a disrespect of his game skills, I just don't like him and pull for him to fail. At this point, if he changed his mind and wanted to play on the Lakers, I would NOT want him because I think he is a cancer to team culture. Other players see this too, I am sure of it. Look at the cluster F of the Clippers and all the negative news that has come out about the team being upset at his star treatment. Contrast that to how Lebron treats his team mates and how he respects his opposition. Lebron takes the high road about 95% of the time. He does take a shot or two after dealing with way more grief than he ever dishes out. Kobe would have trashed everyone that messed with him the way they mess with Lebron.

Anyhow, I like a lot of other players and there are many who I would love to see on the Lakers. If the Lakers are out of it, I will watch the other guys and usually have a team I am pulling for. But there are a number of guys who I think are full of s***, Kawhi, Durant, Kyrie and Harden are all guys who I don't like because they get into a bunch of negative energy BS and their approach to life and playing in this leagues is full of holes. I root against these guys but they all have mad skills.

abeer3 likes this.
  18. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    I agree, his contract is crazy and not worth it if we have to give up our depth.

sirronstuff likes this.
  19. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

abeer3 likes this.
  20. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    This is completely correct. It is not even debatable. I really like CP3 as a player but he has had too many injuries and bringing him here, we would have to rely on him all season long. Not to mention a ton of stress on Davis. Both those guys need help to save their bodies for the playoffs. My bet would be that both these guys would end out injured in the post season. I would rather see us stay pat and resign ALL our players and try it once more, than risk EVERYTHING on CP3. Sure, like you say, if CP3 miraculously stayed healthy, and Davis does too, we would likely win another ring, even with lackluster scrubs playing along with them. But that is not likely to happen and we are risking alot to take that route.

ElginTheGreat likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.