2019/20 Players' Transactions: Breaking News , Trades, Free Agents, And Rumors

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by LaVarBallsDad, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

yep. i don't think we'll get him, but i bet bogi's agent and the kings have discussed potential numbers, and those numbers aren't close. i'll be surprised if they don't move him for something. i won't be surprised if they move him for a piece of kuz-level value, either. it's better than a) nothing or b) paying him at a rate that doesn't allow them to build their team.

this, again, is why it's great to already have superstars in the fold instead of hoping you might get one. the kings are paying hield 25 per and harrison barnes 20+ per. their nominal franchise player has two more years on his rookie deal, but they just spent 80 million over three years on dedmon and cory joseph!

my guess is they move bogdan plus one of those albtrosses for salary relief and a weak pick (late first or two seconds).

2. Mr. Rambis

Mr. Rambis - Rookie - LB Verified Insider

Sorry been on a monster travel schedule lately... but I was able to attend the Clippers game and overheard Pelinka talking to some of the AEG folks. Nothing that I hadn't already discussed previously, but I will update more at length tomorrow. Have to run right now...

3. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

Thanks!!

4. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

I guess he likes you better than me Pop. Was trying to catch his eye a couple days ago about the Collison rumors.

:SadPau2:

5. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

Decent take

6. PurPle n GoLd 1

PurPle n GoLd 1 - Lakers 6th Man -

just read ESPN article.......kuzma/boogie/cook for covington.....

The Los Angeles Lakers may reportedly try to build a blockbuster offer surrounding forward Kyle Kuzma in an effort to acquire Minnesota Timberwolves forward Robert Covington ahead of the Feb. 6 NBA trade deadline.

ESPN's Bobby Marks reported Tuesday the Lakers could package Kuzma, Quinn Cook and the injured DeMarcus Cousins as part of its proposal for Covington, but it's unclear whether that would be enough for Minnesota, which will try to generate a "bidding war" in the coming weeks.

[​IMG] https://www.espn.com/nba/ .. trade-deadline

7. Sentient Meat

Sentient Meat - Rookie -

This leaking the trade sh*t is terrible for morale.

They should either execute the trade or not.

This is the same crap that got us in hot water last season, albeit on a much smaller scale.

But still a quarter of the team is made to feel unwanted if it doesn't happen.

I hate the leaking.

The trade itself I can see some benefit but I really wish we could keep Boogie.

At least if he goes to Minnesota then he won't go to the Clippers if they really want the guy.

8. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

Who's leaking this s*** to the media? I tell you who, no one... Magic is not here anymore :p It's media speculating and throwing a Lakers name out there, AS ALWAYS. It's like that since the internet days. They can talk, write straight out of their butts. They're just like the NBA refs - untouchable.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  9. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

reported that they are in talks or have offered...or reported that they "could" offer?

i believe that kuz could be made available for covington. i also believe that there's little chance cousins will be a salary-matching throw-in on a deal for a non-star.

10. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

yeah i highly doubt anyone from within the lakers is leaking this to the media. especially now that magic's loud mouth is gone

that covington rumour sounds exactly like something the media just comes up with

Big Mamma Jamma and abeer3 like this.
  11. BangBoomPow

BangBoomPow - Lakers Starter -

Every GM leaks. It's a way to find out who is ultimately the one LEAKING... Nothing wrong with it. No one is sure how to gauge the market value of a player so the easiest thing to do would be to tell people to leak something and then the offers start rolling.

Big Mamma Jamma likes this.
  12. BangBoomPow

You are delusional if you think every team isn't leaking. Woj didn't get the draft selection, number by number, pick by pick, out of random. The way it works these days is people covering the league are also messengers for many teams. If they get an offer they like, they can counter it. If they don't like it, they can deny it and say it was a rumor to avoid any confrontation.

13. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

well...what's "leaking"? people provide information. it may not be accurate information.

14. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

Sorry I'm not giving up Kuz and Cousins for Covington.

If we are to get Covington, I'd rather we get rid of 2 of our 3 PG's (Cook, Rondo, etc) and maybe Daniels/Dudley and attach a 1st round pick to it for Covington.

Kuzma for Bogdanovic makes sense cuz Bog can play 2/3, hit 3s, defend, and handle the ball. But Kuzma for Covington doesn't make sense because Covington cannot create his shot and it's a mostly lateral move IMO...

15. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

covington went from under to over rated pretty quickly. i'd take him. i'd consider giving up kuz for him. but i wouldn't bother with much else. is he going to start? if he plays with the bench, is his individual defense wasted? is his offense (which is entirely predicated on others' creation) wasted? if he starts, who sits? bradley? kcp? who guards pgs? danny green?

still think our needs are backup pg who can put the ball in the bucket off the dribble and another big wing defender if possible. in that order. covington isn't really those, and may not be a great fit.

Wino likes this.
  16. fabfourlakers

Yup - literally took the words out of my mouth.

I'm not giving up Kuzma for him - it's a lateral move at best and he also cannot create his own shot like Kuzma can. He's a better defender and better 3pt shooter, but outside of that, he doesn't solve our main issue which is another ball handler that can take the pressure off of LeBron.

I would take Covington if we're able to unload our trash + 1st round pick for him. That way, we open up additional roster spots to nab Collison and potentially Iggy (or another buyout option).

JSM and abeer3 like this.
  17. fabfourlakers

Literally Bradley, Rondo and Dudley works under trade machine for Covington.

Even Cook, Rondo and Dudley works for Covington.

We can do a 3 for 1, open up 2 spots to nab Collison & Iggy.

abeer3 likes this.
  18. wallangong

wallangong - Lakers 6th Man -

Bobby Marks has never leaked a legit signing or trade. He’s a former assistant GM for the Nets and might have even been there when they set their franchise back a decade with the KG + PP trade.

He’s throwing ideas out with zero inside info. If this trade happens, it will have nothing to do with this report.

19. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

feel like marks has also been pretty anti-laker in his slants. i've also been slightly unimpressed with some of his trade suggestions in general. almost too focused on what's possible with respect to the salary cap and less interested in what makes sense for the teams involved.

20. BangBoomPow

Bobby Marks is the same fraud who was doing the Lakers calculations and said we wouldn't have the cap space to sign Kawhi, right? This guy is a fraud. RoCo is a taller version of KCP. We don't need more 3 and D players. We need players who can create for those 3 and D players. As for Kuzma and RoCo, RoCo is just a better defender so there's no incentive for us there to fill a missing hole. He can't get his own shot nor make a high impact offensively for others so it's not a role we need atm. I'm also not liking the amount he makes for the next two seasons after this. Why do we want to pay him $12,000,000 per year?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.