2019/20 Players' Transactions: Breaking News , Trades, Free Agents, And Rumors

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by LaVarBallsDad, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Yeah, welcome ALARM—but I disagree with pretty much everything you’ve said.

sirronstuff likes this.
  2. THE ALARM

THE ALARM - Rookie -

Graphic Designer
    OK then. F.Vogel should start playing Tr.Daniels, Q.Cook and A.Bradley, instead of Green, K.C.P. and Caruso. Maybe, they can perform better. Who knows!

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
  3. nzahir

nzahir Guest

When LAC defends the PnR Ball Handler they rank 26th

The Lakers roster is not equipped to effectively attack them thru PnR whether it through scheme or personnel, where they rank 25th in efficiency & 27th in frequency

Acquiring a scoring threat out of PnR should be a priority

Augustin or Rose make sense. I think Augustin fits better though with a final 5 with Lebron

Derrick White still makes a ton of sense for Kuzma, but then we must find a bench spark plug scorer

PurPle n GoLd 1, abeer3 and THE ALARM like this.
  4. THE ALARM

THE ALARM - Rookie -

Graphic Designer
    Here are two names that are in our reach for trade.

Derrick Rose (31) PG

On July 6, 2019 he has signed two years contract with the Pistons for $ 15 mil. He is making $ 7.3 mil this season. ( 24.3 mpg - 16.4 ppg - 6.0 assists )

Bogdan Bogdanovic ( 27 ) SG

On July 13, 2017 he has signed 3 years contract. This season he makes $ 8.5 mil ( 28.3 mpg - 14.7 ppg - 38.3 3P% )

5. THE ALARM

THE ALARM - Rookie -

Graphic Designer
    THANK YOU.
    Its your right to agree or disagree. Its free country. If we all share your thoughts, it will be pretty boring here, right?

tada, Barnstable, TIME and 3 others like this.
  6. nzahir

nzahir Guest

If we traded for Derrick White, who makes sense as a bench spark plug?

Trade for Brynn Forbes as well? Better version of Cook.

Trade for Markeiff Morris (most realistic and need to fill in that missing pf spot)

Trade for Bjelica?

White and Forbes for Kuzma, Daniels, and a 2nd?

Then go do Cook, cash, and a 2nd for Markeiff

KCP, Green, Lebron, AD, Mcgee
    White, Forbes, Caruso, Morris, Dwight
    Rondo, Avery, THT, Dudley, Boogie (inj)

or Swing Avery to Toronto, Toronto sends Stanley and a 2nd to Kings, we send 2 2nds to Sac

White, Forbes, Caruso, Bjelica, Dwight
    Rondo, THT, Dudley, Boogie (inj)

7. nzahir

nzahir Guest

Lavine trade seems too difficult to make it all work and then get someone to replace Danny, but:

LAL IN: Lavine
    SAS IN: Kuzma
    CHI IN: White and Green

then

LAL IN: Stanley Johnson and Josh Hart
    TOR IN: Avery
    NOLA IN: Daniels, 2 LAL 2nds, 1 TOR 2nd

Sign Jeff Green

KCP, Hart, Lebron, AD, Mcgee
    Lavine, Caruso, Green, Dudley, Dwight
    Rondo, Cook, THT, Stanley, Boogie

Lavine is our 6th man who closes games with starting lineup in place of Mcgee

Hart is strong enough to guard wings and KCP guards quicker perimeter guys

Just not sure if the bulls do it. They do get a legit young cheap pg for future and Danny is a trade piece

8. Sentient Meat

Sentient Meat - Rookie -

Green, KCP and even Caruso are shooting okay... although Caruso is a liability because he's either afraid to shoot... or told not to shoot.

The problem isn't those guys shooting threes... the problem is the bulk of our threes going to AD and LBJ... especially AD

I get that we want to develop that skill for him long term... but we are in a playoff race so this is the wrong time to work on it because it comes at the expense of the rest of the team's looks.

Shelve most of his AD's threes for the year and redistribute them to Daniels and Cook... maybe Dudley.

Bradley's threes are terrible this year. The good thing about Bradley is he's not afraid... the bad thing is that he's shooting like Westbrook

THE ALARM likes this.
  9. Sentient Meat

Sentient Meat - Rookie -

sirronstuff likes this.
  10. nzahir

nzahir Guest

Mia does that why?

And there goes our defense.

Is it realistic to think Pop or the Spurs work with us? I think Kuzma makes a ton of sense there, especially since they clear out their log jam at guard

White would be great. If its white for Kuzma, I would want at least a 2nd back or get Forbes in there and we send daniels and a 2nd I think

11. Sentient Meat

Sentient Meat - Rookie -

I don't see Forbes changing anything if we don't let him shoot any more than Daniels.

The reason I liked the other trade is because it would improve us... White and Forbes for Kuzma and Daniels feels pretty much like a lateral move.
    Maybe a better fit, but it's not like Derrick will offensively assert his will. Kuzma can explode for 20 points at any given time... White is another Danny Green who will score 10 points every 25 minutes.

But I also agree the other trade is a pipe dream.

12. nzahir

nzahir Guest

White did have 36 in a playoff game last year vs Denver, so he has shown the ability in big games to score a bit. But he isn't as big as a threat on a nightly basis as Kuzma (or as much as he should be).

But he is a better fit, better on defense, and a good pick and roll handler.

I think Forbes is a better player than Troy is or ever was. Averaging about 11.5 these last 2 years. Shooting a bit colder this season compared to last few years, but he is just overall a bit better I think because of some creation ability and handle. Undersized though

But a bench of White, Forbes, Caruso, Need a bigger wing defender, Dwight is pretty nice

Can get Crowder or Morris with an expiring like Avery and a 2nd, but those 2 aren't great imo.

Iggy would be great there or Marvin Williams (not happening)

Maybe get Thad Young in the deal with the spurs.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yxxnwhod

Tough to do with Forbes unless we throw in Daniels and Dudley. Not even sure if we would move Boogie though

White, Daniels, Caruso, Young, Dwight

I think we likely do need a guy like Forbes though and a bigger wing, getting kind of tough

13. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    I can't think of a good reason why those teams would trade those players. Good price or value for the contract, under contract, and very little to expect in return.

It's one of those "Who says no" things, and then everyone on their side raises their hands.

abeer3, Cookie and wallangong like this.
  14. PurPle n GoLd 1

PurPle n GoLd 1 - Lakers 6th Man -

bogda from the kings is the one I keep reading and seeing things about

15. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

We have to try - and those guys are good names to go after; I remember just last year the media and most fans were on Rob about his lack of expertise on the cap because he didn't get to the right number to sign another max guy.

Next thing you know, he pulls off a trade with Washington, and he's praised. I've conceded multiple times; we don't have much to grease the wheels, but let's keep up with the information from reputable sources and hope for the best.

abeer3 likes this.
  16. nzahir

nzahir Guest

U cant think of why the detroit pistons, who have been garbage for over a decade and in the worst spot, (not well in the playoffs consistently and not getting top 5 picks) would not take an expiring and a couple of 2nds for rose?

They need to do a full rebuild. Move Blake. Move Rose. Move anything else, maybe even Andre. Keep Luke K and start fresh with top picks for the next 4-5 years

17. THE ALARM

THE ALARM - Rookie -

Graphic Designer
    Ron, we all understand what the role of the center is. Of course, rebounding, setting screens and playing defense is important, but having in mind that these are usually the tallest players in every team, people expect them to score as well. They mainly operate just under the rim and for them should not be difficult to put back a missed shot from a team-mate or their own. There was one clown in the M.Jordan's Bulls team, who was not even trying to score, even under the basket, but that guy was absolute dominance when it comes to rebounding and defense.I will take that guy every single day over our two centers. Both, McGee and Howard are NBA veterans with a lots of experience. It is shame for them to score just 2 points for a quarter. I am sure that each one of them can do a lot better in that department.

18. THE ALARM

THE ALARM - Rookie -

Graphic Designer
    Ha,ha,ha. You are wrong about that. Very wrong.

19. THE ALARM

THE ALARM - Rookie -

Graphic Designer

Why would we still need Kuz? In 31 games, he had one (1) good performance against LAC. His head is out of his shoulders since the end of last season, when he start dating Kendall Jenner, shortly after she broke up with Ben Simmons, another NBA player. I will include him in a trade to get Bogdanovic without any hesitation.

20. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    I feel like you completely ignored my point about being a lab threat

:Laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.