2019/20 Players' Transactions: Breaking News , Trades, Free Agents, And Rumors

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by LaVarBallsDad, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

it's the kind of deal that could be sneaky good. yogi's skillset isn't useful in a lot of places, but might be here. he can create shots for himself off the dribble. we have basically none of that. he's not a great passer, and he's small. but he plays hard all the time and has had success in spot duty. the kings just don't have anywhere to put him. obviously, i want bogdanovic, but i don't see why they do this. and even if they do, it would cost kuz, whom we still need, imo.

i'm sure there are other yogis out there; just can't think of them off the top of my head.

LaVarBallsDad likes this.
  2. THE ALARM

THE ALARM - Rookie -

Graphic Designer
    We don't need 33 y.o. veteran averaging just 7.8 points per game. We have enough of them. No, thanks.

LTLakerFan and nzahir like this.
  3. nzahir

nzahir Guest

Salaries don't work with just Troy

I will take any of these:

Elfrid (avery to raps, stanley and a raps 2nd to nyk, elfird to lal)
    Rose (avery and 1-2 2nds)
    DJ Augustin (avery to raps, stanley and a raps 2nd to orl, DJ to lal)
    Teague buyout

Schroeder is too difficult to happen realistically =(

Are those trades I put up realistic? Doesn't have to be TOR, but a team that may have a use for him

THE ALARM and LaVarBallsDad like this.
  4. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Welcome. What the heck with one low scoring game between our centers, now we need a center???? That’s been one of our strong suits all year .... the tag team between McGee and luckily Howard after Cousins went down. Who’s actually starting to work out again. Lost me right there but now will go back and read rest of your post. Sheesh.

:KobeConfused:

Wino and Barnstable like this.
  5. nzahir

nzahir Guest

1)
    LAL IN: Rose
    LAL OUT: Avery, 2 2nds

PISTONS IN: Avery, 2 2nds
    PISTONS OUT: Rose

2)
    LAL IN: Elfrid Payton
    LAL OUT: Avery, cash considerations

TOR IN: Avery, cash considerations
    TOR OUT: Stanley Johnson, a 2nd

NYK IN: Stanley, 2nd
    NYK OUT: Elfrid

3)
    LAL IN: Dj Augustin
    LAL OUT: Avery, 2nd, cash considerations

ORL IN: Avery, 2nd, cash considerations
    ORL OUT: Augustin

Any fixes or complaints? Any backup pgs I am not thinking of that make sense?

Out of the trades I listed:

I prefer Augustin 1st. Easy choice actually. Best pick and roll ball handler, most consistent shooter, durable/stays healthy, and stays in his role.

Then a toss up between elfrid and rose, likely elfrid.

Rose is just such a poor shooter and defender. Most explosive and best at attacking the rim. But DJ is a solid pick and roll ball handler and generally a good 3 pt shooter (down this yr, but orl also has such bad spacing so it is tougher)

Elfrid isn't the finisher Rose is, but a better defender and playmaker even.
    Also a better shooter

I love how nba.com gives free stats on drives and finishes, pick and roll handler, and other stuff. Now only if Rob could use these tools

LaVarBallsDad and abeer3 like this.
  6. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

https://clutchpoints.com/lakers-rum...likely-wont-come-until-closer-trade-deadline/

7. LTLakerFan

Top Poster Of Month

See what you started with all your whining? Now they’re going to trade Kuz. Whiner and wiener.

:Laugh:

LaVarBallsDad likes this.
  8. nzahir

nzahir Guest

Hoping to god some intern with the lakers is on these forums and getting a hold of Rob

9. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Welcome to the board. In general, I would say it’s a bit risky to make personnel decisions based on such a small sample size of data. The role of our centers is not to score, but to be rebounders, defenders, lab threats, and clean up some messes.

some of the better teams will take away the easy opportunities for sure, and it definitely doesn’t mean we can’t improve, but that single point caused me not to look too deeply at the rest of your post unfortunately. Most teams would absolutely love to have our center rotation. we are definitely not looking to add another center.

10. LTLakerFan

Top Poster Of Month

“The role of our centers is not to score, but to be rebounders, defenders, lab threats and clean up some messes.”

:giggle: ...... Well if they could score better they wouldn’t need to be moonlighting with the menial jobs in labs I suppose. :p

THE ALARM, sirronstuff and Barnstable like this.
  11. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

12. LTLakerFan

Top Poster Of Month

Still think when Vogel puts Caruso and Cook in the game at the same time AC should play the point on offense and guard whichever is the toughest of the 2 on the opposing team. AC standing in a corner is not using him to his capabilities and inhibits his opportunities to get better at running the offense.

TIME and nzahir like this.
  13. nzahir

nzahir Guest

I rather Cook even play than Avery tbh. But short leash also on Cook, who has been cold for us as well (whats new?)

I assume we wont make a huge trade with both Green and Kuzma for a guard. Such as Lavine.

But I can still see the Kuzma deal for Bogdan if SAC starts to fall apart and they become sellers

Bjelica is also a nice piece to bolster our bench shooting

Beasley is nice too, but not sure where he fits in if we make a move for a backup pg or Bogdan.

Lots of potential moving pieces, so its hard to now specifically who we can or will go after

THE ALARM likes this.
  14. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
  15. nzahir

nzahir Guest

I do wish we had him still, but I did think the trade for Bullock was a good idea at the time

If we were more healthy, he could have been the push to help us make playoffs last yr

Svi was bad with us, but obviously his 1st yr

I have included THT in some trades, but sometimes I also think we should keep some of these guys who could be decent, cheap bench guys in a couple of years

16. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Didn’t live the svi trade at the time; it’s worse in retrospect. Part of Magic’s swan song.

But tbh, on paper Daniels should have provided similar this year.

17. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    It was probably Rob's fault for following Magic's orders. :Shaqwink:

But yeah, I knew it was a mistake to dump Svi.

sirronstuff and Cookie like this.
  18. THE ALARM

THE ALARM - Rookie -

Graphic Designer
    I sad it already. There are only two real contenders in the NBA and you named them.

19. THE ALARM

THE ALARM - Rookie -

Graphic Designer
    The numbers I have posted are from the last game, but if you look at the Lakers stats this season, you will see my point right there. Besides LeBron and Davis, no one is scoring on a regular basis. I don't care what else this players do. This game of basketball is based on SCORING, not rebounding, screens or anything else. Whoever puts one more basket in the net, at the end, got the W. As simple as it is.
    Green is the biggest disappointment so far, followed closely by Rondo, K.C.P, Howard, McGee and the rest of the gang.
    Is not only one low scoring game. It's been like this all season long. I am getting pissed off, when some Lakers fans are so delusional and can not see the real problem of the team. We need third scoring option, but not like Kuzma. In 30 games to have one good scoring (25 points) We need someone who can score 18-20 points every single night.
    LeBron and Davis need help. They can not make this team NBA contender all alone. You have to understand that.

nzahir likes this.
  20. Sentient Meat

Sentient Meat - Rookie -

Svi was number one in the NCAA from three playing for Kansas that had the 2nd hardest strength of schedule that year.
    I think Shamet was right behind him and the Shockers were around 50th.

Philly and the Clippers played Shamet... we played Svi haphazardly just like we do Daniels, Cook, Dudley.

You can't expect shooters to find a rhythm when they are clearly instructed to let the stars eat first and only take the crumbs.

Play Daniels with a green light and the shots will start falling... keep letting AD shoot the bulk of them with LBJ and we are destined for a mediocre result in that category.

That waste of a trade for Bullock was only exceeded by the one for Muscala. I'm still annoyed a year later.

abeer3, sirronstuff and LTLakerFan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.