2019/20 Players' Transactions: Breaking News , Trades, Free Agents, And Rumors

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by LaVarBallsDad, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

people are underrating the 3peat lakers' wc competition. people are forgetting that the bulls also never had a 3rd star, really. people are ignoring that none of our competitors actually have third stars.

that is all.

tada, Barnstable, Weezy and 4 others like this.
  2. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

What does @abeer3 think about Kuz's head? He's the pro. How about he has just been injured a couple times and can't get into a groove yet. Is that an option?

abeer3 likes this.
  3. nzahir

nzahir Guest

Horace avgd about 14 and Kukoc 13. But this was in an era where guys shot less 3s and Horace was a better rebounder and defender. Kukoc a better all around, smarter player

Our competition:
    LAC-Lou Will as a 3rd option avging about 20ppg, on top of Harrell also at 19 ppg.
    Bucks-Bledsoe is a decent 3rd scorer, but Bucks have a lot of depth and shooting
    PHI-I don't know who the 3rd scorer is, but they have Joel, Ben, Tobias, Richardson, and Horford
    C Bags-Jaylen and Gordon are 3rd and 4th options
    Rockets-Eric Gordon

If Kuzma can get himself straight, then that is fine.

I don't think he has psychological issues though like Sentient is saying, not something I have looked at.

I just think he is a poor fit at times, he needs Lebron out there to find him on movement. Injury issues have also been a huge problem, we can't even see how he will look with us since he never even gets to play for a long run

4. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    [​IMG]

gcclaker, abeer3 and sirronstuff like this.
  5. Sentient Meat

Sentient Meat - Rookie -

The Bulls also had Rodman

6. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Horace Grant was no slouch before that. Harper had previously been an All Star, but went full on PG distributor/defender role.

7. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Goalposts just beeboppin’ and scattin’ per usual.

Weezy likes this.
  8. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Dwight was previously an mvp candidate.

harper was a shell of himself by the time he played in Chicago.

9. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    That's like saying Grant Hill was a shell of his former self with Phoenix. He focused on one side of the ball instead of two, so I don't so easily dismiss his impact.

10. CarolinaLakerFan

CarolinaLakerFan - Lakers 6th Man -

If we can’t get Iggy, I’d like to see us make a play for Jabari Parker to strengthen our bench. Cheap contract, and it allows Kuz to play at his natural position at SF. I think we definitely need another offensive threat off the bench to match the Clips come playoff time.

11. BangBoomPow

BangBoomPow - Lakers Starter -

I like the Gallo trade mainly because he's on a one year remaining deal and is a very good shooter who can also knock his FT's down. My main concern are both the team chemistry we have currently as well as Gallo's lack of playoff experience. Cook has playoff experience. He might not be a key piece of our rotation in some games but he knows how to play in high leverage moments. Danny Green, despite his poorer playoffs performance and rather disappointing shooting thus far, I trust the guy to make the right play when it comes down to it. The team chemistry and camaraderie we have right now is the best we've had in a Lakers team for a decade. The players are having fun and you can tell that they all understand their role. Would bringing in Gallo, who has a very quiet personality, affect what we've created so far? It might not affect LeBron but other players on the team may feel that they lost teammates who they have enjoyed being around. I don't think we need to do any trades. It's been said over-and-over again but give us Iguodala and I'll ride with this team the way it is. It's relieving seeing KCP not being mentioned in some trade scenarios. He's proven he can be a key player for us and his past 12 games have resulted in 11 points shooting 52% from the field and 44% from three. He's basically what we've expected from Danny Green. And his defense has been severely underrated considering he's switching onto every player.

tada likes this.
  12. BangBoomPow

BangBoomPow - Lakers Starter -

Huge no on Jabari. He's an individual scorer who doesn't really add much to our team. I've watched him with the Bucks and Bulls and both teams look visibly better without him. He's just too much of a ball stopper. Crazy how hyped up he was in regards to being the next Melo and thus far, he's been a massive disappointment.

tada, Savory Griddles and abeer3 like this.
  13. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

is it disappointing that jabari isn't melo or that he is?

tada and alam1108 like this.
  14. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

Like someone said at one point (sorry for not remembering who) Kuzma has always been a second option playing at the 4 his first two years. We have a new second option at the four who's pretty decent so Kuz has to completely change his approach to the game. He hasn't figured it out as of yet. Has needs to though, because I don't think any NBA team thinks he can be the second option on a playoff team. That means no matter where he plays his career, he better figure out how to be effective as a third option.

15. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

Remember the tank slogans?

Riggin' for Wiggins.

Sorry for Jabari.

16. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

Jabari Parker? Guys, jesus christ. Please stop.

17. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

I think for the few games he had his legs, he looked pretty good. People just seem to want to fuss.

18. nzahir

nzahir Guest

Problem is we don’t have much time...

Might be a legit 2-3year window if we don’t get another star come 2021 or 2022.

6-8 weeks or I’m out on him

19. CarolinaLakerFan

CarolinaLakerFan - Lakers 6th Man -

My bad. Just looking at realistic options to adding offensive punch to our team. But by all means everyone carry on with the Covington/Wiggins pipe dreams.

20. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

How bout we carry on with the current team that's destroying everyone in their path in their own buildings. Lakers haven't lost on the road for 2 months. 2 months!!!

Lakers have the baddest big man since Tim Duncan in his prime and a motivated like I have never seen Lebron James with role players who get a long and where 1 or 2 always step up when the team needs them.

If you can add one more impact player, do it. However, don't mess up the chemistry. It's really good and this team has only played 27 games together. You have players calling out Lebron James and LBJ listening to it. You have any idea how valuable that is to a potential title team?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.