2019/20 Players' Transactions: Breaking News , Trades, Free Agents, And Rumors

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by LaVarBallsDad, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    No drama either

JohnnyComeLately2k6 and OX1947 like this.
  2. ThizGuy83

ThizGuy83 - Rookie -

Medical healthcare professional
    maybe front office can find a way to keep cousins, mcgee, and howard

3. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

4. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    Whose minutes he going to take a way? Maybe Daniel, but is we're going to less Daniels mins I'd rather it go to Caruso or Rondo quite honestly. Shump isn't a player that is going to bring us over the hump like Iggy would.

5. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

Daniels makes open shots. He needs to play more.

6. PurPle n GoLd 1

PurPle n GoLd 1 - Lakers 6th Man -

shump to the the heat/clippers/mavs 1of them

7. nzahir

nzahir Guest

LAL IN: Gallinari, Royce O Neal, 1 2nd from Utah?
    LAL OUT: Danny Green, Kuzma, Cook
    Why: Get their 3rd scorer. He should come off the bench but play about starter minutes. They also replace Danny with Royce.

Jazz In: Danny Green
    Jazz Out: Oni, Exum, Royce, 1-2 2nds?
    Why: They get a great 3 and d guard/wing, upgrade from Royce and all it costs them it 1-2 2nds. Also get rid of Exum's deal

OKC IN: Kuzma, Oni, Cook, Exum, and 1 2nd from Utah?
    OKC Out: Gallinari
    Why: They get Kuzma and a 2nd for Gallo instead of nothing. Exum and Cook just have 2 yrs left anyways. Save $$

OKC then cuts a couple guys

Who says no? If its Utah, I bet there are many more suitors for DG

I think the loss of defense from Green to Royce is worth upgrade from Kuz to Gallo

8. KobeJeterKaep

KobeJeterKaep - Rookie -

Nah. If we are trading Green and Kuz we need a better player. And one less injury prone.

9. nzahir

nzahir Guest

Gallo is pretty damn good, injury concerns are valid

Who are some names? Mind you we need a 2/3 to replace Green's defense. Not very realistic we pull something like this, but just thinking

10. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

You wanna trade components from a team that's 24-3? You do realize when Danny Green isn't hitting shots he plays great indiviudal and team defense right? We were all ready to ship KCP to the glue factory after 2 weeks, then he got out of it.

Maybe we should let the winning continue. Not a lot of 3 and D players who have won titles twice on two different teams and have a knack of hitting big shots in big games like Green.

As far as Kuz is concerned, I'm gonna give him the year. Then you can decide in the off season.

tada, Weezy, BigDan24 and 8 others like this.
  11. nzahir

nzahir Guest

I actually like green I think more than most, but we do need another creator or scorer.

I would only move Danny if we could replace him with someone similar as well.

I think next 6 weeks for Kuzma is critical.

If we could get Bogdan somehow with Kuzma, Cook, and 2nds, we would do it in a heartbeat. Needs a 3rd team

Kuzma, Cook for Bertans and filler (1-2 2nds depending which ones) I would possibly do.

Not like Kuzma has been essential to this winning anyways, at least here we get a sniper who really spreads the floor

12. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

I would only move Danny if we could replace him with someone similar as well.

Why would you move him for someone similiar? Doesn't make any sense.

I think next 6 weeks for Kuzma is critical.

Nothing is critical for a team this close knit and is 24-3.

If we could get Bogdan somehow with Kuzma, Cook, and 2nds, we would do it in a heartbeat. Needs a 3rd team

And Indiana does this because.....?

Kuzma, Cook for Bertans and filler (1-2 2nds depending which ones) I would possibly do.

Bertans doesn't play defense, Kuzma has improved his and is the one thing he has done consistently this year. Not giving up on Kuzma.

13. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

Watching Rondo play for 20 plus mins is going to make me pull my hair out...

That said, we need another ball handler - at minimum.

14. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

We traded your grandson.

[​IMG]

15. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

That overrated kid? That was fine with me

16. nzahir

nzahir Guest

1. You would move him for someone similar in that scenario on top of Gallo. Green's large salary is necessary, but we must have a replacement for him as well
    2. Next 6 weeks for Kuzma is critical imo, we will be at about half the season and he has to start to feel his role by then and get in a groove, or he may not be a good fit anymore.
    3. You are completely lost. I am talking about Bogdan on the kings. You are thinking about Bojan, who is no longer even on the Pacers, he is on the Jazz (who we have played Twice now). Kings would look into it b/c they are already going to be capped out w/o even paying Fox or Bagley yet.
    4. Kuzma's man defense has improved, team defense still awful. But overall, Bertans is much more useful and impactful rn.
    3 point sniper. I believe he is a worse defender man wise from the DRPM and a couple other defensive stats, but also some decent defensive stats and a good team defender with good IQ.

Lets see what happens when we play LAC and MIL, lets see what this bench can do vs tough competition.

Rumor that LAC is willing to do Harkless, Patterson, and a 1st for Marcus Morris. Even giving them more firepower and a decent defender

17. Sentient Meat

Sentient Meat - Rookie -

The cult of Danny Green reminds me of the cult of Derek Fisher.

Good defender, three point shooter... five time champion in the case of Fisher. Clutch shots.

You are afraid to trade him (aside from his bond with Kobe) because he's been a lucky charm for the team... but then you look at it from an analytics standpoint and they both have a PER around 12-13... while Gallinari is 17 and trending upwards.

I suppose if you believe in the supernatural or karmic forces then it's good to stick with Green... but going by science assuming the doctor gives him a clean bill of health than Gallinari would have more impact on the team.

A lot of confirmation bias going on because the team is 24-3, but anyone who's watched every game religiously knows that that record is inflated.

I suppose you could say the same about any team in history that trends close to 90%... a lot of luck involved but still.

I'd go with someone who could bring more scoring. As we've already found out this season there's a big difference between people who can shoot the three at a 40% clip vs natural scorers who are always looking for their shot.

A lot of players I bet would be more efficient from three if they only tried to score 9 points a game. The hard part is doing it regularly and at high volume.

And yes, I also like Danny Green.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  18. wallangong

wallangong - Lakers 6th Man -

My issue with suggesting trades -- whether it be Kuz, Green, or anyone -- is that there is no way we get better or even equal value. Kuz's value is at a low. Green probably has solid value, but I don't think it's that high for an older vet and he's only a big piece for a handful teams. Even KCP, who has rebounded from his abysmal start, is not going to yield as much as he has produced lately. No team in the NBA is going to make a deal that helps the 24-3 Lakers get better. Bogdan for Kuzma and pieces? Not a chance that the Kings make that deal.

It's not just that we have played ridiculously well and built great chemistry, but I don't see any universe where another NBA team makes a trade that allows the Lakers to improve this year.

tada, Barnstable, LTLakerFan and 2 others like this.
  19. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i'm with wallagong in some ways, and ox in others. with ox in that nothing is broken. if that changes, then i'm more open. but the team is winning and chemistry is good. i'm will wall in that our pieces don't have much value right now.

the only thing i will say is that kuz has proven he can play, and i imagine opposing gms haven't forgotten this, either. okc is going to move gallo unless they're in the playoffs. he's a FA after this year, and there's no reason they care about having his bird rights or keeping him going forward, imo. they'll be looking for a 1st or equivalent. kuz is that. sac is in a similar situation with bogdan. not the same, as they probably do want to keep him going forward, but his price is going to further increase their already high payroll for a non-playoff team. i could see bogdan being moved for a kuz-level piece.

but again, for me to want a trade, something bad has to happen. and it might. let's hope not.

LTLakerFan and alam1108 like this.
  20. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Send the jolly giant that is Dwight to convince Darren Collison to un-retire.

Cookie and abeer3 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.