2019/20 Players' Transactions: Breaking News , Trades, Free Agents, And Rumors

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by LaVarBallsDad, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Influential voices in the NBA have strongly advised Ujiri not to take the job, if it’s ever offered, sources say. But those same sources say Ujiri might do it anyway, if the money is right, if he’s granted the necessary autonomy and if Dolan funds Giants of Africa as generously as the Raptors ownership group has. Ujiri’s contract is believed to run through 2021 but with an out clause under certain circumstances. He turned down a lucrative extension last summer, sources said, leaving the impression that he wants to keep his options open.
    – via Howard Beck @ Bleacher Report

The Knicks could really flip the script with that signing alone. Still doubt that gives them a chance at AD, but with Ujiri they’ll definitely get better.

abeer3 likes this.
  2. vasashi17

Multiple teams have had due diligence conversations with Denver regarding guard Malik Beasley, league sources say. Because of their wing depth with Beasley, Juancho Hernangomez and Gary Harris, Denver (14-7) routinely receives trade calls but has no traction currently on any deals. Beasley and the Nuggets did not reach agreement on a contract extension in October, clearing the way for him to be one of the top restricted free agents next summer. Beasley is considered a talented, 6-foot-5 shooting guard with scoring potential.
    – via Shams Charania @ The Athletic

Charlotte Hornets – Several teams are monitoring the trade availability of veteran forward Marvin Williams, sources have told The Athletic.
    – via Shams Charania @ The Athletic

#Tminus6days

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    abeer3 likes this.
  3. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

would love to get another wing for depth at that spot.

Here's a crazy scenario tho - what bout jrue holiday?

Can we put together a package for him that makes sense without depleting our roster?

Maybe someting like Green/Kuz/Cook/Cousins for Jrue and another player? Or is that too much turnover?

Imagine having Jrue - he can defend 1-3 and he can take the pressure off of AD/LeBron in handling the ball and creating on his own. He has the relationship with AD as well...just a thought

4. BangBoomPow

BangBoomPow - Lakers Starter -

Trades aren't necessary if we are dominating the way we have. Jrue is a very good player but our team chemistry is amazing right now. Why risk it? I'm all up for trading guys who aren't having much or any impact but Cousins is on the roster and bench because AD likes having him around for support. Green is an NBA veteran and 2x champion who can shoot and defend at a high level. Kuz hasn't been the best version of himself but we can probably snag him for a good deal when his contract is up. As for Cook, him and Daniels are probably the two likeliest trades we can make but we won't get anything solid in return so why mess up what we have? If we were playing poorly, I would understand but if we keep this up, I am fully invested on this team from A to Z.

Cookie, wallangong, Weezy and 3 others like this.
  5. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

I’m all for improving a position on this team where we might be weak, but it can’t be at the expense of the crazy good team chemistry we have going on or a guy like Green who waited for us in free agency. He might not be shooting the best, but his true value is on defense and his ability to hit BIG shots when it counts in the playoffs, I don’t give that up or Kuz on his cheap salary. I don’t have an issue trading the minimum guys like Cook and Daniels, or Cousins if a player of value can be had, but I feel like at the moment we aren’t hurting for that, and there are situational moments where guys like Cook and Daniels are still valuable. I’m good with trading KCP though, he’s too streaky.

6. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

Hmmm...I think we're only adding buyouts. Hopefully, somebody good....

7. KobeJeterKaep

KobeJeterKaep - Rookie -

I want to see what an in-shape THT can do.

alam1108, ZenMaster, Cookie and 3 others like this.
  8. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

Yeah. It's probably Iggy or nothing.

LaVarBallsDad and Barnstable like this.
  9. vasashi17

-Iggy will be a hard get...

Andre Iguodala, Memphis Grizzlies: As much as the Lakers would love for Iguodala to get bought out, I’m told there’s no world in which that happens. The Grizzlies will trade Iguodala—it’s only a matter of when and to whom. According to a source, Memphis is open to any type of trade package, including deals that bring back a long-term salary.
    via Kevin O'Connor @ The Ringer

-Looks like Htown seems to be moving in from Iggy as well, unless they’re posturing.

The Houston Rockets have serious interest in Covington, league sources say. The Rockets are in the market for wings; with James Harden having another MVP-caliber season, they’re a team that should go all in no matter who the target is. They have the ammo to do so: Despite the pile of picks it sent Oklahoma City in the Chris Paul–for–Russell Westbrook blockbuster, Houston can still dangle its first-round picks in 2020 and 2022.

-Also, Okc and Blazers (with loss of Hood) are looking to shake stuff up as well.

Love would prefer to play for his hometown Portland Trail Blazers, according to multiple league sources.The Blazers make perfect sense as a destination for Love; they need help for Damian Lillard and CJ McCollum after the team has been decimated by injuries. Last week, Rodney Hood suffered a ruptured left Achilles tendon, joining Jusuf Nurkic (broken leg) and Zach Collins (dislocated left shoulder) on the sideline. Nurkic will return this season, and Love would be a terrific frontcourt partner because of his perimeter shooting and playmaking ability. Portland could then play big upfront, which would be valuable in a series against a team with a bigger frontcourt, like the Lakers. Or, it could go with Love at center, which could be useful against the Rockets, who often size down with P.J. Tucker at center.

Speaking of the Oklahoma City Thunder: OKC remains a playoff contender even after trading Westbrook and Paul George last offseason. The Thunder are just 11-12, but that’s good enough today for the 7-seed in the West. Despite their moderate success, plans haven’t changed; Paul, Danilo Gallinari, Steven Adams, and other veterans are all available,according to league sources.

10. nzahir

nzahir Guest

How will HOU trade for Iggy or RoCo? With what salaries?

11. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Swore we had a coaching staff thread but couldn't find it...

We thought of it first! Plus who in their right mind would leave a situation like the one we have to coach for the Knicks?

abeer3 and sirronstuff like this.
  12. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Also...

abeer3 and sirronstuff like this.
  13. vasashi17

MDA seems to be on the outs after this year and he's the dude that seems to be the biggest fan of Gordon, so as an expiring contract, I suspect Eric is getting shopped. His salary alone can bring in either Iggy or RoCo.

sirronstuff likes this.
  14. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

That's b*******. So if no one trades for him, which no real contender would, they are gonna sit on 17 million anyways? Why? If they do, they're stupid and they deserve to be lousy like they are.

15. LaVarBallsDad

Yeah, Iggy isn't happening. I am guessing Rob knows that, too...or he should.

Time to look for other options...buyout and all.

16. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    Why in hell's name are they even allowed to do this??

If the Clippers cannot freely load manage Leonard without a precise explanation for INJURY management then how can they NOT play Iggy?

Sure seems to me like the league should step into this one and say this is NOT a reasonable way to manage a player. The players rep should step in as well.

17. LaVarBallsDad

Man, I hope the Knicks have a mutiny and Morris wants out...

Cookie likes this.
  18. OX1947

No top contender is trading assets for a guy who hasn't played basketball for 6 months. Memphis is bluffing and any half brain dimwit GM knows this and they're alot of those running teams in the NBA.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  19. OX1947

That guy would be perfect. But buyout is not likely. Buyouts are for vets whom won't be part of progression if a rebuild. Morris is not old and no point in paying him off to just pay him not to play for their team.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 and abeer3 like this.
  20. nzahir

nzahir Guest

Eric can't be traded. Signed extension, can't be moved this yr

They can combine multiple small contracts I guess. But tough to do those

Giving up on the iggy dream =(

Morris is next on list I guess (w/o Kuzma being dealt), but I feel like he can get a 2nd back at least with an expiring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.