2019/20 Players' Transactions: Breaking News , Trades, Free Agents, And Rumors

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by LaVarBallsDad, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sentient Meat

Sentient Meat - Rookie -

I wouldn't give up all those players for Winslow. Our problems are just as much offensive as defensive and that's way too much talent offensively going out.

2. nzahir

nzahir Guest

Talent?

3. Sentient Meat

Sentient Meat - Rookie -

Boogie alone has unknown value that could eclipse Winslow... but then you add Kuzma's ability to score in spurts and two legit shooters... it all seems too much for what... the next Tony Allen?

If we had Lou on our team already... if we had DLo... sure then you add Winslow, but we don't have the third scorer... and getting rid of 40 points of potential scoring seems too much, flawed though those pieces might be. I don't see how even Iggy will help until either Kuz starts scoring or we find that third scorer.

4. nzahir

nzahir Guest

Boogie is just an expiring salary atm. I am not expecting him back.

Even if he takes 9 months for the acl (already quick), mid May is the earliest. We want this guy back in rd 2-3 after not playing for almost a year? On top of the achilles injury and quad injury. He should sit this entire season and keep rehabbing.

That boogie injury really hurt. Last year he avgd like 16-17 I believe coming off that achilles injury. He could have been our 3rd scorer rn easily getting 16 off the bench. 16-20 ppg and a good passing big.

Unless we want to keep him here so we can have him for next year, no point for this year.

Iggy is still helpful, he fixes one of our needs. When locked in during playoffs, he is an elite defender who knows his role and has hit timely shots

Hope to hear some rumors of some players wanting out soon. This team aint goin cut it

5. BangBoomPow

BangBoomPow - Lakers Starter -

Can't believe Kuzma is playing this awful lately. He seems completely out of it offensively and defensively, he's as terrible as he's ever been. Super clumsy with the ball, makes terrible passes, not physical enough to post up, and just runs around cluelessly at times. I agree with the Melo post. I didn't want Melo because it would have hurt Kuzma's 'progression' but at this point, Kuzma does NOTHING better than Melo and that is very disappointing.

nzahir likes this.
  6. D-Fish Man

D-Fish Man - Lakers 6th Man -

This.

7. nzahir

nzahir Guest

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1915302

I wonder if we could somehow get Jrue, would be perfect. Easily give up Green, Boogie (cut/waived), Kuzma, THT, and a 2nd

Trade isn't perfect, I made a comment down there about a few things, but I wonder if we could make this work.

He would replace DG with even better defense. Gives us a 3rd scorer/shot creator and can play backup pg when Lebron sits.

We also do lose our best and most consistent 3 point shooter. Somehow would need that fixed. Like a Daniels and cash comp for Korver type of Deal.

Not very realistic here, but just a dream

8. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

Wow - this actually makes so much sense it's crazy. Reunite the 2018 Lakers, Jrue back in LA, and back with AD (and they're still boys), we get a legit 3rd option who can also handle the ball and take pressure off of LeBron and he's also one of the best defenders in the league that can guard 1-3.

nzahir likes this.
  9. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

Lakers should only add one more impact player on this team. If they can't get him, let this team ride it all the way through. This team is good enough to win it all. One more guy would almost clinch it if they dont have any major injuries.

10. nzahir

nzahir Guest

Here is a list of players that make sense and should or could be somewhat attainable. Anyone I am missing

JJ Reddick (13.5M)

WInslow (13M)

Barton (13M)

Mills (12.5)

Bogdan (8.6M)

Ingles (12M)

Sato (10M)

Rose (7.3M)

Royce O neal (1.8M)

Mcdermott (7.3M)

Bertans (7.5M)

Augustin (7.25)

Duncan Robinson (1.4M)

Blejica (6.9M)

Jae Crowder (7.8M)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2019
  11. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

No one on the list worth trading for. I'd take a couple on buy outs, but overall, not impressed with anyone there.

alam1108 likes this.
  12. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Making you asset free AND happy by 2030
    “Some players can’t handle the bright lights of LA, but I’m built for this”

—Kuzma (Paraphrased)

my how the turn tables

13. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

I posted this in the Kawhi thread, is anyone starting to think we dodged a bullet by not signing him? Career lows both inside and outside the arc and he's looked slow and sluggish out there.

14. nzahir

nzahir Guest

Ridiculous nonsense

He has no true playmaker there likes he’s always had. Lebron is that guy

Elite defender who is a top 5 guy without a doubt.

15. Sentient Meat

Sentient Meat - Rookie -

Well whether your team's success is based on the body of a 35 year old or a load manager... one could say we are both dodging bullets to a certain extent.
    (They both have two years with a player option)

16. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

LMAO. Did you just say Lebron looks slow and sluggish out there? Wonderful observation. If that's what you said?

17. nzahir

nzahir Guest

You mixed us two up?

I was saying Lebron is the playmaker that would be great with Kawhi. Kawhi needs a playmaker like Lebron

18. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Gotcha. That's why I asked. LeBron is amazing me with his size and mass and acceleration and close outs, at any age. He's a freak of nature to be doing it even more so at 35.

:Beertoast2:

D-Fish Man and sirronstuff like this.
  19. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

Have you watched the Clippers? Kawhi doesn't look right. He looks slow. He looks like he's really laboring out there. I'm not saying he won't make it through this season as a top 5 player, but he looks diminished this season. To call it ridiculous nonsense tells me you haven't been watching because he looks a little balky out there. He's still great, but he looks off.

20. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Making you asset free AND happy by 2030
    his stats are off, his percentages down, lots of games missed

He's definitely not healthy, so he's being wise by not torching his body for the regular season. BUT, if he doesn't get better, and this isn't just nagging injuries, then yes, we definitely dodged a bullet, and he was foolish for not taking advantage of playing with two other stars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.