2019/20 Players' Transactions: Breaking News , Trades, Free Agents, And Rumors

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by LaVarBallsDad, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

[​IMG]

Anyways...I’m not derailing this thread any further...rather let’s detail it:

Trade possibilities: Kcp, Rondo, McGee can block deals; they can all agree to opt into their 2nd year deals to retain bird rights that their new teams can hold to get them paid...the trade off though is that those 2nd years lock them all into sub average league salaries (MLE valued at 9.2m); teams trading for Av are probably aware he can be a 1 and done player via his player opt out; if Boog gets traded, his non prorated 1.75m dpe gets wiped from our cap exception offerings.

Draft possibilities: as of right now, we have no control over trading our own 1st round draft picks till 2027 at the earliest (Stepien rule our prevents us from dealing more than 7 years out, so we can only trade up to 2026 this year...but the Pels could choose to defer and pick our 2025 pick, which would prevent us from trading the 2026 pick since we can’t trade our pick in consecutive years)...so in a nutshell, future 1st pick involved in any trade proposal this year is a no-go; the earliest we can trade a 2nd rounder is 2023.

Those are our current obstacles with Green, Kuz, Caruso, THT and Cook (only 1m guaranteed in his 2nd year) as our most attractive and likeliest trade commodities. Kuz/THT can be traded right now, while the others can be traded on Dec. 15th at the earliest.

Which is why the most practical outcome to upgrade the roster is via cuts to Dudz and/or Troy.

I applaud Nzahir and others who work up trade ideas, but imho getting a trade done this year is probably not realistic. I’m not trying to deter the effort...rather point out, that the obstacles of our own making, limit our options. Maybe the FO surprises tho.

Btw, any cap enthusiasts out there can help fill in the blanks that I probably left out.

sirronstuff likes this.
  2. nzahir

nzahir Guest

Bulls have too many pgs

Why not get small assets back? Tht and Daniels for Arci?

3. Sentient Meat

Sentient Meat - Rookie -

Is Arcidiacono some sort of defensive savant? I'm not being sarcastic... I'm just wondering why we'd trade Daniels and our rookie for someone who has one season of three point shooting under his belt versus someone who has six years of proven ability.

Daniels is having an off year... Vogel plays him randomly which can't be good for his confidence. Give the guy a routine... let him shoot and I'm sure his shot will come good again. I wouldn't trade even up Daniels for him, unless someone tells me something I don't know about his playmaking or defense.

4. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

sooo...no?

no, but neither is daniels. i agree that moving THT before we get a chance to see anything from him for the upgrade to arcidiacono isn't worth it. but the interest in arci wouldn't be for defense (which troy doesn't do, either) but for ballhandling and distribution, which arci can do at backup levels.

of course, we wouldn't play arci unless rondo got hurt (even though arci is probably the better player at this point in their careers), so it's probably moot in any case.

edit: oh, and vash is right that most trades aren't likely due to pick issues and contract issues. most of that will be fixed by next year, to some degree (we'll be clear of the 7 years, no more de facto NT clauses). but for now, we kind of have what we have. you know, a team in first place.

5. nzahir

nzahir Guest

Arci's defensive advanced metrics are actyally very very impressive.

Like top 10 in defense for pgs, closer to top 5 I believe. Plus he can shoot it decently well and can actually run the point better than caruso can atm.

Sato is tougher with that 10M contract. But would easily do: 2 2nds, Daniels, Cook, Cousins (cut) and cash

That alone is a big difference once were healthy:
    Avery, Green, Lebron, AD, Mcgee
    Sato, Caruso, KCP, Kuzma, Dwight

Someone just get Darren Collison out of retirement

abeer3 and Sentient Meat like this.
  6. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

yeah, is collison sure he doesn't want a title shot in his hometown...

7. nzahir

nzahir Guest

God I would kill (maybe even kill Rondo) for Collison

Send Kuzma for Royce O Neal and a 2nd or two

Send the Wizards: Cook, Boogie, cash, and 3 2nds for Bertans

Collison, KCP/Caruso, Royce, Bertans, Dwight
    Caruso/KCP, Daniels, THT

Rondope

I think I just fixed our team

8. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

man, you guys really want to sell low on kuz.

why would the wiz give up bertans? he's been good for them.

sirronstuff and alam1108 like this.
  9. nzahir

nzahir Guest

Royce is a near elite defender btw. Watch tape and look at adv metrics

Because getting 3 2nds for a rebuilding team whose payroll is 128M to miss the playoffs isn't a bad deal. They will be at low 100M cap next summer, but why not maintain future flexibility and not lock in the team

Team has real flaws. Better to fix this year and not waste a legit run at one. Lebron only has so many years left

10. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

our team is already really good defensively, at least when we had bradley playing we were. don't think royce is going to bother kawhi and PG.

11. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

Bertans? Are you kidding me?

12. nzahir

nzahir Guest

We need bodies to just throw at them

Royce is a very good defender.

He can also hit the 3.

Team will need a versatile wing defender (avery is a guard defender) come playoff time. DG is the only guy rn. Need a 2nd one

13. Sentient Meat

Sentient Meat - Rookie -

Bertans real plus minus has been far superior to Kuzma the last two years.
    This year's RPM hasn't come out yet but his offensive efficiency this season is off the charts

abeer3 and nzahir like this.
  14. nzahir

nzahir Guest

Bertans atm is a much more useful player than Kuzma unfortunately. At least I know I will get some 3s out of him on most nights. And his defense is somehow better than Kuzma's. Kuzma has more potential ofc on both ends, but his low iq hurts him.

When does RPM drop btw if you know? Is it after like 20-25 games?

15. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

my point is that kuz's value is super low. you can get oneale variations in FA for MLE and less without chucking a potential asset. if someone suggested that trade over the summer, they'd be physically attacked. i refuse to believe kuzma simply forgot how to play basketball while he healed from his foot injury. i'd rather wait him out for a year than trade him at 1/2 his previous value. i'm willing to deal with the consequences if he doesn't pan out.

now, if you're talking about adding a real impact player, i'm listening.

16. Sentient Meat

Sentient Meat - Rookie -

Probably Bertans would have a similar effect to a bootleg Danny Green... maybe a little better offense, but more limited defensively.

So, I get what you are saying in terms of moving the needle. We are kind of stuck praying that Kuzma is something other than what we've seen the last two years.

The reason players like Bertans and IT are mentioned is because you aren't going to get a Dragic with him... and at this point you aren't going to even get Bertans. So it's back to praying again.

17. nzahir

nzahir Guest

Royce is a real impact player

And kuzmas advanced numbers rn legit put him as one of the worst players in the league

And its not a small sample thing. Last season he was basically at the bottom for forwards in terms of defense

He has no idea how to rotate or communicate. Not in right places at right time. Cant trust him to lock in deep in playoffs.

I gave him all of last year, he didn't prove me wrong. And now even when surrounded with good defenders and a better coach, he still can't do it.

We don't have time for this s***. Clocks ticking.

Lebron has this year and next year to play at this level. He is 35 come these playoffs, miracle he is even playing like this. 36 next year. 2021 FA seems bleek to me

That 2024 or 2025 1st to Pels can be very good if this team doesn't sign another star by then. But who knows what happens then. I personally don't even care. Just get one even.

Pelinka gave up so much for AD and with Lebron's age it makes it hard to make a dynasty. At most I can see 2 rings with this core. And that would take getting another star or an older star like cp3 in 2022

18. nzahir

nzahir Guest

We aren't getting a "Dragic" because we can't even match salaries w/o losing Green

Justice Winslow is another guy who has been struggling a bit and a not so perfect fit in MIA.

Elite versatile defender and backup pg. Shooting has been poor so far, but also coming off injury and shot better than kuzma last 2 years.

19. Sentient Meat

Sentient Meat - Rookie -

We'd have to trade Green for Winslow too so it's a lateral move for a younger but worse shooter.

We should've just signed Melo and platooned him with Green when we needed offense.

20. nzahir

nzahir Guest

We can get Winslow w/o giving up Green. Need 10.4M going out.

Kuzma, Boogie, Cook and Daniels gets us there.

Kuzma and Cook to Miami, cut Macon. Boogie to miami, he also gets cut. Send Daniels, cash, and a future protected 2nd to ATl to take on Daniels and help us facilitate the move. Boy if KCP agreed to a trade it would make things so simple. Kuzma and KCP would work. But say we do the original one I proposed.

Caruso, KCP, Winslow (can defend wings, but play bench pg), Dudley, Dwight

Sign a mix of these guys for some depth/injury: Ryan Anderson, Farried, JR Smith, Jonathon Simmons. But the main playoff rotation is really the starting 5 and the bench besides Dudley

I didn't think Kuzma would be this bad

If I did, I would have wanted us to sign melo so then Melo could take his bench spot. I thought Melo was more cooked, but still early. He has been so up and down too

I was wrong on that one, but I have been right about Kuzma so far

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.