2019/20 Players' Transactions: Breaking News , Trades, Free Agents, And Rumors

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by LaVarBallsDad, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Yep.

Dallas: 3yrs 36m (only 6m guaranteed in yr 3 aka 3yrs 30m guaranteed)

We countered with 2yrs 30m guaranteed.

SFGOLDRUSHER likes this.
  2. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

right, so to get green to wait instead of accept dallas's offer (which could have dried up in the interim) we had to pay him more. in other words, there was a rush on the 2nd tier FAs.

SFGOLDRUSHER and LTLakerFan like this.
  3. vasashi17

I'm not refuting you there bro.

Im just saying I would have gone another direction. Poor man's Green with some knucklehead JR type decision making, but I wouldn't mind going Wesley Matthews and Brook Lopez (if we offered him the same 13m per 4yr deal and he was interested).

Green @14.6m this year vs BLo/Matthews @ 14.6m this year...yeah I definitely would have gone the latter route even if BLo nixes the '21GiannisPlan. Btw y'all really think that's happening? Bron would have to opt out of course for it to even have a chance.

All I'm saying is there were other means at going about our cap space and we did have time since the Kawhi decision came the night before the moratorium ended...and it goes without saying, we should have lined up other paths knowing his fickle a** might not end up coming.

SFGOLDRUSHER and abeer3 like this.
  4. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i think giannis is not happening, and if that's the major plan, i hate it. i do like flexbility, though, ironically. if brolo gets hurt again (he used to be an injury risk) or plays like he did this summer, you don't want to be on the hook for 4 years. matthews looked kinda washed at times last year, but i have been a fan of his at low cost. green is definitely a lot better, though. so, i'd probably take green. worst case, he's a big expiring next year who could be packaged for a disgruntled star.

SFGOLDRUSHER, Cookie and LTLakerFan like this.
  5. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    If you find yourself at the end of your career, and the Clippers are the only team that wants to give you an opportunity, it's just time to hang it up bro.

Where's your self respect?

"Lebronshame"

6. vasashi17

BLo makes for a decent trade chip the older he gets, but I do see your point in preference...and I think it just really boils down to that. I feel we could still have remained competitive with salary dumps and using our remaining cap on longer deals/lesser players. You guys liked that we swoop up the best remaining player and kepy the good core players from last year at modest terms. No right or wrong...just preference.

I guess this is as good a time as any to look at our immediate flexibility/options:

Next summer with a salary cap of 117m, we'll have 109m committed to the guaranteed salaries/dead cap of Bron, AD (30%max), Kuz (team option exercised), Green, Caruso, THT and Deng.

That leaves us 8m in cap space and about 5m in the room exception.

Or if any or most if the guys with player options decide to opt into their 2nd years, then we'll be over the cap, but still have the non-tax payer MLE of about 10m and the bi-annual exception of about 4m.

So we're looking at similar money to offer potential free agents next summer, with the better option that most of our guys this year actually opt into their deals next summer so that we don't have to replace them with vet mins and 13m in cap/exceptions.

SFGOLDRUSHER and abeer3 like this.
  7. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Yeah that's ALL you have been saying and have NO way of knowing what it might have cost us from the players everyone hammered out on their board in the front office and decided to go for. For Plan B. These aren't just Rob's decisions I am certain. We keep propping up our talent evaluators and rightfully so.

Your way is what I dissed as farting around for a couple of weeks longer to see if MAYBE anything else was out there than what they had already decided upon.

SFGOLDRUSHER likes this.
  8. vasashi17

There was no MAYBE in injury concerns (Boogie, Mcgee), star concerns (AD wanting to play 4 and the deal was agreed to mid June with free agency 2 weeks away) and in opportunity that was not there (KD domino to DLo s&t to dubs dumping salary to stay under the apron).

This wasn't us "farting" around for weeks. Btw, you may want to check your diet haha. You do realize Cook was a RFA and the dubs had to renounce him to still meet needs and stay under the apron after they had KD agree to be involved in a S&t. We could have easily involved ourselves in that dubs situation since we were linked to DLo, Cook and Iggy heading into and during the early portions of free agency. That's not farting around bro.

The only scenario of us waiting for anything to transpire is the Russ or Cp3 scenario once Kawhi forced George out of Okc...and that was on July 5th... meaning we still had time to jump in there with Presti and luxury tax conscious Bennett/Thunder.

Lastly, you do know that our executive branch "farted" around during our coaching search and in announcing our FO structure after our (non)search for replacing our team president.

s***, if you want to look at it another way, we "farted" around 2 years of cap space for Danny Green.

Now lay off the fast food my dude cause the Chipootie bootie is getting you all gassed up for nothing. :p

SFGOLDRUSHER likes this.
  9. LTLakerFan

I still have a HUGE problem with all your shoulda, woulda, coulda second guessing and angst about everything ..... over what all of our talent evaluators identified as plan B. We shall see.

10. vasashi17

I got a HUGE problem with our talent evaluators scrambling....

[​IMG]

...alright, let's use another verb....our talent evaluators diving into the bottom of the free agent barrel. Outside Dallas with Green, the market wasnt there for most of the guys we signed. We had the most amount of cap remaining at that point to help grease 8 s&t scenarios.

Green will certainly look good next to Bron/AD...but doesn't that go for practically any name you put next to that duo.

Options were there and I would've gone another route. I'm not even saying it's the right route to take. Imo there are question marks on this current roster. I feel I pointed them out. That is my concern and will be my concern till #17 is realized. But make no mistake, I think we're fartunate to have the duo we have. Anyways, I hope you can re-lax now buddy. :rofl:

SFGOLDRUSHER and Big Mamma Jamma like this.
  11. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    You have some points but how many times you gotta tell us? Is there anyone here who wants to here this ad nauseum? You gotta learn to say it and move on. Time will tell us if you were right or wrong. But honestly, you keep defending your POV so much that even if you are 100% right most people are going to turn away. It's an EFFING drag to listen to self appointed know-it-alls tell us how everything is all the time. Give us some time to simply ponder it. If, in the end, you are right, people can point back with appreciation that you made this point.

I'm just saying that people need a break.

12. vasashi17

Here's what's wild to me...we're discussing an event that just happened. Imo this summer and how it shook down is fair game till a new topic comes up.

I've seen Dwight fart discussions, trademarking discussions, FIBA discussions, etc and I'm not going in there trying to dictate what can and cannot be discussed.

Individuals here engaged me in discussion and that's their choice. We agree to disagree and then keep it moving till a new topic comes up or we have new thought on the matter.

You're essentially telling me to not discuss with folks that have directly engaged in discussion with me...on a discussion board. You're also insinuating that those folks refrain from engaging with me which is also unusual. Frankly I got respect for those choosing to engage/banter with me. I'm not doing this for "likes" or acceptance. I do it for the discussion and gaininy another perspective.

I play contrarian and I personally find it boring if everybody agrees with everything. But I ain't trying to troll y'all. If I believe in it, I'll give that perspective. If I don't, I'm going to side with the majority. I love our duo (like the majority does) but I would have gone another route in fleshing out the roster (playing the contrarian).

That doesn't mean I don't like Green, AvBrad, Caruso, McGee, Dwight and even Kcp (I actually bigged the guy up last season). I like those players around our duo. I would have liked other names, in addition to gaining other assets, more tho.

And y'all labeling me as a know it all. I never annointed myself as such. The only thing I hang my hat on is driving discussion and I personally think I'm doing my part when folks respond to my posts.

If y'all need a break...take one. Meanwhile, I'll try to do my part and encourage Lakers discussion on a Lakers discussion board. Shouldn't you?

I will say this, I'm sure no one wants to discuss what we're currently discussing. So I hope you take no offense if I refuse to discuss this further.

Let's try to get this back on track...

Available free agents still and Daniels/Dudz/Boogie/Dwight can all still be cut without much long-term ramifications:

CENTER

POWER FORWARD

SMALL FORWARD

SHOOTING GUARDS

POINT GUARDS

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  13. LTLakerFan

You can have Faried for Daniels. OK done.

:Laugh:

Not sure OK with Daniels but tough s***.

14. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

yeah, not sure you're helping your argument with that list, vash. you might have buried it.

alam1108, Wino, SFGOLDRUSHER and 4 others like this.
  15. vasashi17

I'm just attempting to steer the discussion back on track...Im still going with the coulda woulda shoulda fart it, till you start it option haha.

But fine...I'll counter with Daniels and Dudz for Noah (or Faried) and Melo and I'll stay quiet for now.

16. LTLakerFan

You don't think LeBron carries a grudge from being called a p***y multiple times from Noah vs maybe liking Lance blowing in his ear?

:Blink:

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if perhaps Bron was consulted and didn't want him. You don't know. So can't call bad or whatever it is you call what you do ..... on the FO.

Big Mamma Jamma and SFGOLDRUSHER like this.
  17. vasashi17

Did Noah come work out for us? Either management is undermining Bron or maybe dude doesn't hold a grudge.

We were close to getting Kanter last season before he went to the Blazers and that dude called Bron a queen.

Rondo posed next to a Lebron is a b**** tshirt and Rondo still Bron's people.

Bron don't care and this whole LeGM narrative is kinda trash. Even if he could, he's not flex'n like that.

18. LTLakerFan

Do not want Kanter. Those crazy middle easterners have a hit out on him. No offense to middle easterners everywhere.

19. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
  20. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

Worst part? I have no idea who the player is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.