2019/20 Players' Transactions: Breaking News , Trades, Free Agents, And Rumors

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by LaVarBallsDad, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Marcellus is a clown, I refuse to listen to him. He’s also a homer, he doesn’t recognize when his team doesn’t actually matter, at least we here for the most part are pretty realistic in expectations of our team. You don’t see anyone here is saying we’re going to own the league next season, it’s all measured confidence about being back in the playoffs and contention only if we build a solid roster around LeBron and AD, or we land Kawhi. Marcellus shouts idiotic homer things and makes a point to be annoying about it. That quote cited alone is idiotic, no one could turn Kawhi into Bosh, and a huge difference now is LeBron will be 35, not in his late 20’s.

trodgers and Purp n Gold like this.
  2. Chick the G.O.A.T.

Chick the G.O.A.T. - Rookie -

capital gains

Lol hes far from a clown and graduated from an Ivy league college. You may disagree with his opinions and I do to some degree agree that he is a clipper homer but he also speaks the truth when it matters. His opinions are well thought out and I respect him far more then many sports show personalities.

Lot of hate around here with everyone on edge because we dont have a decision

3. Bluedog

Bluedog - Rookie -

You didn't actually listen to the video did you?

4. Weezy

You’d have to go back far into my post history because I haven’t spoken about him in a long time, but if you did, you’d see I’ve always called Marcellus a clown. Has zero to do with Kawhi. He was a clown on ESPN radio, he was a clown on SportsNatiiiiiooooon! as he annoying loved to say it, and he’s a clown now. Him being a clown has nothing to do with his intelligence, has everything to do with how he presents his arguments and his homerism. Stephen A is also a clown, so is Nick Wright with his LeBron homerism, so is Skip Bayless, so is Will Cain. There are rational tv and radio personalities, and then there are the clowns and trolls, and those guys often fall into those categories with their takes and over the top style or their same old tired schtick.

5. Weezy

I literally said I wasn’t going to. I don’t listen to Marcellus anymore, and I don’t listen to Jason Whitlock either, another guy that has gone off the rails in recent times.

LTLakerFan and Purp n Gold like this.
  6. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

Cousins is starting to make sense...just depends on price tag

7. Chick the G.O.A.T.

capital gains

Yea well that clown made some points that you would have probably really liked and agreed with

Bluedog likes this.
  8. Bluedog

Bluedog - Rookie -

Nah... what you literally said was "Marcellus is a clown, I refuse to listen to him". Which doesn't implies that you didn't listen to the clip. Then you started going on about him being a homer. That's when I surmise that you didn't actually listen to the clip, and I stopped reading at that point

9. Purp n Gold

Purp n Gold - Rookie -

Marcellus is one of those LA football guys who hates on the Lakers because they are the number 1 show in town.

See: Petros Papadakis

LTLakerFan likes this.
  10. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    Who cares if they make some valid points, even a clock is right twice a day. Not gonna waste my time listening to them often enough to find one good nut in their bag.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  11. Weezy

I listened to it, tough as it was to get through Whitlock. That’s my bad, I misinterpreted the quote in its context. I really cannot stand Marcellus, to the degree that I did not want to watch him speak at all, but once I re-read the quote a couple times after reading this post of yours I got it, so I watched. I get his point now, and I do agree with it, Kawhi would I’m sure get any attention and media heat the usual Lakers star would get, but yes, having higher profile guys like LeBron, and a more visible as far as marketing goes guy in AD, would allow Kawhi to blend in a little more. I’ll be honest, when I see posts with only tweets in them, it’s not readily apparent to me what the poster’s intention or interpretation of the tweet was, which is why when I post a tweet I almost always try to add my own comment to it to make sure my point in posting it is clear. Again, my mistake.

[​IMG]

12. Purp n Gold

Purp n Gold - Rookie -

I listened to Marcellus every day on 710 for years, as did many here. He's an intelligent dude but sells himself to ESPN/FS1 by following the A vs B argument format to a tee, everyday. He did it on Max's show and now it's an even worse, candied version on FS1. Shallow arguments just for the sake of arguing. That's why he's a clown. He may be smart, it's few and far between when we see it.

therealdeal and LTLakerFan like this.
  13. Chick the G.O.A.T.

capital gains

You should put on your asics you sound uncomfortable...

Point of it all was a poster thought it was valid enough to link it for everyone to see. He was making the point of Bron and AD taking the brunt of the media attention similar to Bron and Wade did in Miami while Bosh mainly flew under the radar. He was saying Lakers wouldn't be a bad move for Kawhi from that perspective.

Respected peeps in here s***ting on posts without actually watching them guides the herd mentality. I get a lot of people post BS to ruffle feathers but this was actually a good vid with a respectable viewpoint from someone that a few are calling a clown. I just call s*** how I see it and I'm never guided by someone's else opinion without doing the research for myself....

Purp n Gold and Bluedog like this.
  14. Bluedog

Bluedog - Rookie -

You literally just summed it up. "It's just a SHOW" lol... It's like getting an attitude because wrestling is fake. Smh......rotflmbo

15. Big Mamma Jamma

Big Mamma Jamma - Rookie -

I graduated from a top Ivy League school too but just because someone went there doesn’t mean that they can’t be a clown. Generalizations intended to be interpreted as fact when merely opinion but then using certain credentials (such as an Ivy League education) to provide authority to said opinion is one of the worst fallacies and is the type of fallacy the mainstream media consistently trots out to control and push a particular narrative. We see this all the time on these supposed “non biased” networks such as CNN. They are the worst and BSPN ranks right up there with them.

gcclaker and Chick the G.O.A.T. like this.
  16. Chick the G.O.A.T.

capital gains

You're right and I should have went a different direction with my post just frustrated that mod leadership s***s on posts that they didnt even take the time to watch and that gets the snowball going...

Apologies I should have went a different direction but my main point still stands

17. Purp n Gold

Purp n Gold - Rookie -

What meta universe are you living in? Trying hard to keep track. If ESPN/FS1 is a fake wrestling show, then why even post it? Why are you watching it?

There is at least some reality in sports talk. Marcellus has had tons of horrible takes, and I’ve listened to a lot of them for years driving home from work. Why do I care what Marcellus has to say? I listened to plenty of the dude and I have an opinion on him. You guys can’t MAKE me respect Marcellus Wiley, LOL

LTLakerFan and Big Mamma Jamma like this.
  18. Big Mamma Jamma

Big Mamma Jamma - Rookie -

It’s all good! No worries... I get it!

Chick the G.O.A.T. likes this.
  19. Weezy

:wasntme: I didn’t s*** on his post, I s*** on Marcellus, wait that came out wrong...

The only thing I went negative on was Marcellus because like I admitted to honestly, that dude triggers me, I honestly don’t like his face, same with Will Cain, I change the channel if I see them on the screen or I turn the radio off if I hear their voice. He didn’t post anything other than that tweet, so there was no actual “post” to s*** on, it was purely information/a video passed along without context. I already said it was my mistake, won’t happen again. Nobodies following my lead either, I genuinely think Marcellus is that disliked around here independently by Lakers fans.

20. DoMinJoon

DoMinJoon - Rookie -

Hopefully ring chasing can entice him bringing down the pricetag for a one year deal.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.