2019/20 Players' Transactions: Breaking News , Trades, Free Agents, And Rumors

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by LaVarBallsDad, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

The media blitz is unprecedented. We get it: you scurred.

2. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

PG: Rajon Rondo, Emmanuel Mudiay, TJ McConnell, Jeremy Lin, Delon Wright (R), Tyus Jones (R), Nando De Colo, Quinn Cook (R), Alex Caruso, Jerian Grant, Jerryd Bayless, Shabazz Napier, Ryan Arcidiacono, Devin Harris, Shane Larkin, Raymond Felton, Shelvin Mack, Milos Teodosic, Tim Frazier, Brad Wanamaker, Jose Calderon, Isaiah Canaan, Chasson Randle, Cameron Payne, Ron Baker, Briante Weber, Isaiah Briscoe, Ty Lawson, Norris Cole, Edmond Sumner (R),

SG: Kawhi Leonard, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Avery Bradley, Justin Holiday, Lance Stephenson, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, David Nwaba, Vince Carter, Rodney McGruder (R), Iman Shumpert, Nik Stauskas, Jamal Crawford, Jodie Meeks, Justin Anderson, Alex Abrines, Wayne Selden, Ian Clark, Patrick McCaw (R), Furkan Korkmaz, Jimmer Fredette, John Jenkins, MarShon Brooks, Tyler Dorsey, Nick Young, Ben McLemore, Jordan Crawford, Damion Lee (R), Brandon Paul, PJ Dozier,

SF: Danny Green, Andre Iguodala, Jabari Parker, Kelly Oubre (R), James Ennis, Wilson Chandler, Thabo Sefolosha, Sam Dekker, Stanley Johnson, Jake Layman (R), Corey Brewer, Luc Mbah a Moute, Darius Miller, Luol Deng, Glenn Robinson III, JaKarr Sampson, Wesley Johnson, Troy Williams (R), Quincy Pondexter, Mindaugas Kuzminskas, Thanasis Antetokounmpo, Devin Robinson, Mitch Creek (R), Alex Poythress, Shabazz Muhammad

PF: Marcus Morris, Kenneth Faried, Markieff Morris, Jeff Green, JaMychal Green, Carmelo Anthony, Anthony Tolliver, Jonas Jerebko, Trey Lyles (R), Omri Casspi, Dorian Finney-Smith, Michael Beasley, Quincy Acy, Henry Ellenson, Derrick Williams, Chris Singleton, Zach Randolph, Johnathan Motley, Udonis Haslem,

C: DeMarcus Cousins, Willie Cauley-Stein, Javale McGee, Ivica Zubac, Boban Marjanovic, Daniel Theis (R), Pau Gasol, Nene, Joakim Noah, Noah Vonleh, Amir Johnson, Zaza Pachulia, Marcin Gortat, Greg Monroe, Salah Mejri, Tyson Chandler, Kosta Koufos, Ekpe Udoh, Cheick Diallo, Kehm Birch (R), Gustavo Ayon, Luke Kornet, Donatas Motiejunas, Tyler Zeller, Kevin Seraphin, Johnathan Williams (R), Andrew Nicholson, Alan Williams

As far as I'm aware, this is the current list of available guys. Remind me if I'm forgetting anyone who signed already. I added a couple of potential buyout candidates as well in bold.

I'm fairly sure we're bringing back Rondo and Caruso. I'd honestly really like McConnell or Lin as well. I'd take KCP or Bradley at the minimum. I'm hoping Iguodala gets that buyout and makes it down here. Of the bigs, I'm hoping Javale makes it back or Willie Cauley-Stein could be cheap. I think we need more size next to Davis who is reportedly not excited about playing Center.

3. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Oquinn went for the minimum.

4. therealdeal

I took him out.

Big Mamma Jamma likes this.
  5. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Minimum steal

sirronstuff, Barnstable, shoe and 3 others like this.
  6. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

I think I see the Lakers signing Cousins for the Room Exception. Then Caruso, Rondo, Daniels and Melo for the minimum after we sign Kawhi. That gives us 8 guys. Not sure who gets signed after that. Pau maybe?

Barnstable, Big Mamma Jamma and TIME like this.
  7. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

cousins is clearly waiting for kawhi to make his decision

he'd be a great add

sirronstuff, Big Mamma Jamma and TIME like this.
  8. therealdeal

I think Cousins probably tries to take some of that cap room from whatever LA team doesn't get Kawhi. If I'm the Clippers, what's the harm in giving him a 1 year deal worth 20m or something as a "prove it" deal? But hey if he'd rather keep taking the minimum to compete, I'd take him. There were a few times he looked like his old self in the playoffs, but mostly he just looked out of shape and inefficient. Maybe an off-season of training can help.

9. therealdeal

I could see KCP joining that list. I really, really hope Iguodala joins that list. I would love for Pau to come back, but I have my doubts he'd do it for a minimum deal after the way things went down here.

Rondo (probably starts, I know)/ Caruso
    Kawhi/ KCP/ Daniels
    LeBron/ Iguodala
    Kuzma/ Carmelo
    Davis/ Pau?

I could dig it. Still need more size and Iguodala is still a maybe.

alam1108, JSM and Cookie like this.
  10. flipnotic

flipnotic - Rookie -

I could be wrong, but wouldn't Danny come with room exception? I'd assume they grab him over Cousins.

I'm sure they have some level of interest in Cousins, but having him and AD together with their injuries would worry me. I think I'd rather them keep JaVale.

11. therealdeal

According to DG's business partner, that's unlikely. Danny Green probably only "follows" Kawhi to Toronto where he can get a decent payday due to his Bird Rights. BUT if Kawhi goes to one of the LA teams, Danny likely takes the money from Dallas or the other LA team. I'm sure the Lakers would give Danny a 3/30 type of deal to start on this team if Kawhi turns us down.

12. flipnotic

flipnotic - Rookie -

Gotcha, I hadn't looked into much on his thinking. Did you see my edit? I might have finished it as you finished yours. You think LA would really want Cousins over the others with AD and his injuries?

TIME and therealdeal like this.
  13. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    I would sign Boban but John Wick messed him up good.

14. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

I'd take Cousins for the minimum in a heartbeat. And I can't stand him.

sirronstuff, Weezy, Cookie and 3 others like this.
  15. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
  16. therealdeal

I think one of the LA teams will give Cousins a shot. With the Lakers that number is probably lower, but the Clippers make a lot of sense for him. I prefer AD play PF honestly so he gets less wear and tear on him, but I believe RDA at some point had said Vogel prefers AD to play Center. Hopefully we can get a body at Center who can start games but play only 20-25 minutes and still have us close games with AD at the Center spot.

For me, McGee is ideal, but there's been very little smoke about him staying here. I think he and the Lakers might not be on the best footing with how things went down last year between McGee, the staff, and Zubac starting. Boogie makes sense in this role as well, but again money would be restrictive. I don't want to give him the Room Exception, that money is better spent shoring up our guard spot.

Cookie, alam1108, TIME and 3 others like this.
  17. flipnotic

flipnotic - Rookie -

I'd take him for a vet min for sure, but I wouldn't use the exception to get him I don't think. I don't expect him to take minimum this year.

Big Mamma Jamma likes this.
  18. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

If Pau goes anywhere on the cheap, I could see him pulling a Robin Lopez and go play with his bro in Toronto.

TIME, therealdeal and Big Mamma Jamma like this.
  19. Big Mamma Jamma

Big Mamma Jamma - Rookie -

I think with a summer of health and conditioning he would like a different player. He had no elevation and looked like Slopez out there! LOL!

It would do him well to drop 25 pounds. It would definitely prolong his career.

Cookie, TIME and therealdeal like this.
  20. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    Iggy is my most wanted after Kawhi. Championship experience, ultimate team player, still in amazing shape, plays D, can make the needed 3, and would be a second point forward to give LeBron a rest.

Plus I’ve always felt he should be a Laker.

LTLakerFan, tada, Barnstable and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.