2019/20 Players' Transactions: Breaking News , Trades, Free Agents, And Rumors

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by LaVarBallsDad, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    Why do we just continue to use this guy's tweets. I'm not taking a shot at any one person on this forum. I'm just tired of seeing this guy as evidence of things that could happen.

OX1947 and alam1108 like this.
  2. pound4pound

pound4pound - Lakers Starter -

Have you guys seen this?

Attached Files:

3. Punk-101

Punk-101 - Lakers Starter -

What variables go into your numbers? (just very rough explanation, please) Do the numbers indicate HOW MUCH better a player is? For example, is Kyrie 4x better than Dlo or is Brogdon almost 3x better than Dlo? Is "better" the correct term? "Valuable"? Maybe shooting % is heavily weighted, so a guy like Brogdon ranks higher, for speculation. You know what I mean. Can you explain why (what's weighting) Brogdon or Kyrie so much higher than Dlo? Thanks, duderino!

abeer3 and trodgers like this.
  4. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

I want no part of Derrick Rose. I’d even take Rondo back over Rose.

D-Fish Man likes this.
  5. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Strange, I wonder who posted that. Mr Rambis has not technically been verified, only like one or two claims he’s made have been sort of verified through an IP check, and maybe you can say his info on Kurt being a major FO influence was verified by the info johnnyboy got visiting the Lakers facility. He’s had a lot of good info though, no question, he was even mentioning how much Kurt liked Lionel Hollins well before he was hired. He didn’t technically beat Woj to the AD trade news either, he was 2 or 3 minutes after Woj tweeted, so he could have seen that, or he could have gotten simultaneous info from his own sources. What I did find interesting was what Mr Rambis said was “Lonzo, Ingram, 4th pick going out”, and he didn’t mention Hart, which you’d expect if he was just copying Woj, and it leads me to believe he got his info elsewhere and maybe only the major pieces were texted to him.

6. trodgers

trodgers Administrator Staff Member

Professor of Humanities
    Per game and per minute counting stats, shooting percentage splits, PER, VORP, Win Shares, and DRPM.

No. I’ll put those numbers into a regression when I’m done. Kyrie is in the high group. I think Steph was at +18 last time he was a FA (last year?). Russ May end up in the second set of players, one or two standard deviations below Kyrie.

This rating system doesn’t directly weigh age or durability. That’s a limitation. I could and should work that in.

KareemtheGreat33, abeer3 and Punk-101 like this.
  7. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

Exactly. I'm sure he realizes that if GS has KD, that parade is in Oakland. That has nothing to do with confidence in himself, but realizing that while Siakam can hang with a 34 year old hobbled Iggy or Looney, he ain't hanging with arguably the best player in the planet in KD. Heck, GS wasn't dead in the series until Klay blew out his ACL. If Klay is healthy the whole way through, I don't think Toronto is champion right now either.

No one know what's important to Kawhi. He wants to win. We know that. But different people take satisfaction in winning different ways. Kobe didn't get the satisfaction he needed winning behind Shaq. He needed to be the unquestioned leader of a team. Would Kawhi be the leader of the Lakers? No. He might be the best player, but Lebron's orbit is so huge, even if he was the third best player on our team (which is actually possible as early as next season if we have AD and Kawhi), the talk at the end of the season will be about Lebron.

abeer3, sirronstuff, Cookie and 3 others like this.
  8. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    Yes, this is what Mr. Rambis himself said in his thread in here and its just now spreading out into the media.

pound4pound likes this.
  9. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Usually he only hangs with DLO in the NBA section since the trade but is mercy posting us stats again now and then and at this critical time. A giver while still annoyed with the trade.

[​IMG]

sirronstuff and trodgers like this.
  10. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Yeah except he didn't break anything before Woj and maybe others, just posted it here before someone else posted Woj here. So now this is all being echo'd as facts behind the scenes. But are they? Hopefully.

pound4pound likes this.
  11. nzahir

nzahir Guest

Not having another ball handler, especially from one of the guard positions, worries me a bit.

Is Jeremy lamb/T Ross and say Pat Bev enough?

I wonder if taking an expiring like Teague or Dragic at 19M and getting a future 1st is a possibility? Likely not worth it for both sides, but just an idea.

12. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

15th slot for the min?

TIME, sirronstuff and abeer3 like this.
  13. Kobe Bryant 8

Kobe Bryant 8 - Lakers 6th Man -

Hating the C Bags
    Beverly, Green, Marcus Morris if we strike out on studs. All grinders, defenders, vets, and adequate shooters.

lakerjones likes this.
  14. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    we'll be scouring the Big 3, G League, overseas, and undrafted FA's to fill out our roster lol

15. Doc Brown

Doc Brown - Lakers Starter -

Doctorin'
    I will stan for Pat Bev and Green until the cows come home. They are the perfect role players for this team.

Side benefit - Bev/Green/Kuzma is a solid offer for the next disgruntled star. Free agent class of 2020 looking pretty rough so I wouldn’t mind giving a 2 + 1 TO for these guys since there is maybe one guy (Draymond) Id chase.

16. Kobe Bryant 8

Kobe Bryant 8 - Lakers 6th Man -

Hating the C Bags
    With LeBron being ball dominant I truly believe Beverly/Green is the best combo that we could realistically get. Our team could be an absolute monster defensively. Oh, and they're both knockdown 3pt shooters.

LakerFanIam likes this.
  17. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

Lakers don't need a true PG. Lebron can be the primary ball handler. Lakers need elite shooter if they don't get the big free agents and defenders.

Plenty if those if they need to spread the wealth. Lakers win either way this summer.

18. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Lebron is too old to be the primary ball handler all the time. Let someone else bring the ball up and initiate some, or dude will wear down and pull a groin or something.

tada, Heej, Cookie and 1 other person like this.
  19. Punk-101

Punk-101 - Lakers Starter -

Im torn between spending on the 3rd max star (aside from Kawhi, who’s a no brainer) and spending on perfect complimentary pieces.

3rd star:
    - perimeter iso threat that can initiate an offense and carry a team when Lebron sits in game or for load management
    - there will be at least two stars in the game at all times for when Lebron or AD sit for load management or god forbid, injury
    - Lebron has 3 years of max level play, maybe even only 2. Having a young max player to carry into the future with AD
    - with so many teams with cap space you may have to overpay for role players

Complimentary players:
    - Lebron and AD need plenty of touches and Lebron is very ball dominant to be his best. Would Another perimeter ball dominant star turn AD into bosh/love?
    - much more balanced and deep team.
    - unless you get butler or Kawhi, the complimentary team I’d going to be better defensively

trodgers likes this.
  20. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Kawhi, Kyrie, Butler, and Kemba. Any of those four turns into contenders for 4 years straight. After that, go for depth.

I'd also consider taking Steven Adams into our cap space if OKC included a pick or two in return.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.