2019/20 Players' Transactions: Breaking News , Trades, Free Agents, And Rumors

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by LaVarBallsDad, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

Kemba Walker - get him now before he gets pitched by New York. There is a poster on LG (Yinoma) who has been covering Kemba since the beginning of his career; and he says he bleeds NYC. I'd do a trade now in a heart beat...

2. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

First off.. Don't disrespect Kawhi like that. Dude ain't anything like Paula. For sure Kawhi would be dead to me the second he signs with the cLips, but (as of now) he is nothing like Paula. The second Kawhi abandons his shell and makes a docu-series on his decision, is the moment those two are comparable...till then nah.

Also Indy to Okc and SA to Toronto at the very least tells me that those teams wanted to trade their distressed (and in Paula's case disdressed) stars out of their conferences. SA trading Kawhi to a western team...really?

Indy could have traded Paula to us, but instead they threw a tampering charge at us. We can sit here and say that Rob/Magic messed it up, but do you think Pritchard was on good terms with Paula/Mintz at that point? We needed 14m in outgoing salary to trade for Paula. Jules/DLo got us within 5m...you think Pritchard wants to deal with other Mintz clients at that point? It didn't matter what we offered. And seeing who Paula is now, I'm relieved we didn't trade our assets for that skirt.

Both SA and Indy got Allstars in Dipo and DeMar in those trades. Did we have those type of assets?

Btw, being a lucrative franchise, why even bother with a buyout for Deng and allow him to keep that extra 7.3m that he gave back to us? Maybe putting on a tinhat will allow you to better answer that question.

You think I'm reaching with Rob/Magic's cap clearing "conspiracy", but you ain't reaching with your claims that we "botched" trades, ignoring all the intangibles that limited our leverage in those talks.

TIME likes this.
  3. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

so in other words these youth really aren't even that valuable then? and BTW what did the stretch do that they couldn't wait or tried harder with a pick and dumped deng for expiring? what did stretching deng this past season couldn't have been done next off-season? he's still riding the proverbial pine in Minn. and yes you and your ridiculous tin foil conspiracy bout how we freed up exact amt for KD means nothing. As for PG, i'll admit I hate on him to for that decision but you too were all up on his butt and now he's the devil to you lol...no need to defend Kawahi right now, it could easily end up the same situation.

4. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Backfired? Probably at least 3 young guys and picks on top of that. Indy was pissed they were being squeezed and anywhere but Lakers unless they just bent us over.

Plus it's prudent of FO to want to see the kids play at least to the trade deadline.

5. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

yes BACKFIRED, do you see PG in a laker uni? what they wanted isn't my argument, we did try to trade for them was my only argument

6. LTLakerFan

Well was he worth all that??

7. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

pg wasn't for all 3 youth because Kuz nor Ball was selected at the time, they wanted either Bi or the #2 pick and fillers, but we offered them Randle/Clarkson of course they're gona be salty. Now SAS rumors were all 3 youth plus 2 1st (obviously that wasn't worth it). So to go back to PG if it was Ingram/1 1st (not #2) or #2/future 1st then YES it would've been worth it, neither Ball or Ingram can even match current PG production as of right now.

btw-I was against trading for PG then too if meant giving up Ingram at that time, so this is more of a hindsight comment and in ref. to future stars being available, you dont just keep assuming they'll just come, I still dont even know why James is here, all things considered.

8. vasashi17

No, I wasn't "all up on his butt"...I didn't like the combination of him with Bron, unless a legit big was part of the equation.

Missing on Paula strictly as an a**-et (to trade later) is what got my butt hurt...but, I was never with the contingent that thought she was that next star to lead us to a title. I always thought she was a souped up Jr Smith tbh. When Kawhi became an option, I was completely against a Bron-PG-Kawhi trio. I wanted Kawhi in place of Paula and we go get a big to add to Bron-Kawhi. Get all up out of your a** before you muddy up the facts.

a** for facts, keeping Deng on the books to trade for later still means we're at the mercy of another team to open up that max slot next summer.... And would need to trade assets to get off that distressed one.

Why not stretch him next summer? Player/agent relations...that's the f*** why. Octagon reps Deng...and oh yeah, that Giannis dude. Deng wanted an out to prove that he could still play. We gave it to him (like granting Jules his out) and then the onus is on Deng (as it was for Jules) to pick his next landing spot and prove his worth. That's up to Thibs and him now on why he ain't getting playing time.

Also for the tinfoil conspiracy meaning nothing...to you! But to the NBA executives that are Magic/Rob, their lil "conspiracy" means everything. That's why they did it. Now get up off their butt about how they messed up the Paula/Kawhi trades (when Indy/SA were clearly not going to entertain it).

9. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

I mean, that's essentially what I'm getting at here though.

We made Ingram untouchable in talks for those guys. To turn around now and ship him and others for Beal just wouldn't make sense to me honestly.

The opportunity to either get Beal or a guy on a similar level will still be there later on in my opinion.

10. ElginTheGreat

I view him differently from Beal and I'd definitely be open to getting him.

11. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

yes I realize that and again its hindsight speaking but now none of our "youth" should be untouchable when it comes to dealing for a star, not even Hart IMO

12. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Beal would be a nice fit but I'd hold out on him for now. If we do need to make a trade, I'd aim for Kemba. He's a Kyrie like player to put next to Lebron and he's an expiring contract if we decide to go after bigger fish. Yes we lose assets for no reason but like I said, if we NEED to make a trade. I'm still holding out for KD though, there's smoke there. We might miss out again like PG or possibily Kawhi (he looks comfortable in Toronto) but then we'd deal with that later.

wallangong and lakerjones like this.
  13. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

I’m at work right now so I can’t compare, but @vasashi17 what about Beal and Porter coming over? Would they both fit in our summer cap space if we include a few more pieces this year withought completely gutting our young core?

14. vasashi17

They make an aggregated 51.4m this year, so we would need to send out a minimum of 41m this year to fetch em.

KCP+Rondo+Lance+Beas= 29m

We would need 12m more and have a variety of ways to get there, but either we send Zo+BI (13m)...or we can spare both those guys and send out literally everyone else.... Or we can save one of BI or Zo and send fillers to make up the difference.

Here's the rub... Even if we make the salaries work, LA would have 2 coming in while Washington would have at a minimum 6 coming in.... So the roster spots would have to be available to make this type of deal work. And if you extend it to a 3rd team to get the roster spots, then the trade just becomes that much more difficult to achieve cause you have more parties to back out of the deal (see Minny-Miami talks for Butler).

It's possible Chief, but imho, highly unlikely that Porter comes along with Beal, let alone we scrap the #2019lan for just Beal.

ElginTheGreat and Barnstable like this.
  15. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

sucks Tor is doing so well, if they were even at .500 I could see us coming in and start stirring the pot to get KL here.

16. ElginTheGreat

I agree. I didn’t think anyone should be untouchable then or now.

abeer3 likes this.
  17. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Dwight Howard is untouchable right now.

[​IMG]

18. LTLakerFan

19. vasashi17

Korver to Utah for Burke and 2 2nd round picks.

20. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

Why the eff didn't we try and get this guy?

EDIT: Nvm...he has another year left on his deal...pass.

Good deal for Utah...he's exactly what they needed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.