2019/20 Players' Transactions: Breaking News , Trades, Free Agents, And Rumors

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by LaVarBallsDad, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

we should consider trading for a star this season, not because I dont want to waste James prime yrs but more so because so far we see that none of the kids are going to be stars and their value seems to only degrade as time goes on. Ball is still figuring out things, Kuzma plays no D, Ingram goes ghost mode more often then not. As we can see so far we can hang with the best of them so far but lack consistency and GSW is primed to get beat with their drama and all it takes is 1 injury to one of the 4 key guys (mainly steph).

2. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

I’d trade for a star because when you have 2 or more of them you win. Does anyone think the Sixers miss Saric and Covington right now? Nope.

ElginTheGreat and Khmrp like this.
  3. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

Fair, but I'd rather get a star this summer via Free Agency and THEN trade the kids for that 3rd star. If we trade NOW, we trade our cap space plus the kids basically and only end up with 2 stars. Idk if I'd do that if i were the Lakers....but then again it's very tempting to trade for someoen right now given how tight the Western Conference is and how there's really no clear cut contender right now (outside of GS but their health could cost them)

4. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

I am trading for Kemba right now if I can...if it has to be BI, so be it.

5. Weezy

6. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

well here's our chance...either KCP/Kuz or KCP/BI, if we can work the salaries this off-season there's still some wiggle room to get a 30% max IMO (just have to either do SnT or move Ball for picks only)

Big Mamma Jamma likes this.
  7. Weezy

I would gladly trade KCP and one of the kids for Beal, but KCP can’t be traded until Dec 15th unfortunately. So I think we’re out of that mix unless t drags on, and if we are even interested in the first place.

Big Mamma Jamma and sirronstuff like this.
  8. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

im sure was doesnt want to rush things with beal anyways, hes probably their most valuable asset

9. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

Thats only three weeks away. Its right around the corner.

10. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

11. Alcindor

Alcindor - Lakers Starter -

Like Savory said this is just the beginning of the process look how long it took to move Jimmy Butler. 3 weeks? Nothing is happening inside of 3 weeks, especially when they know Lakers can put together something enticing as well 12/15. We have the youth and an excellent expiring who is probably worth resigning. It only helps them with their other offers.

12. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

I'd do KCP/Kuzma/1st for Beal. I'm not sure if I'm ready to give up on Brandon and Lonzo yet.

OmarE and Big Mamma Jamma like this.
  13. Kobe Bryant 8

Kobe Bryant 8 - Lakers 6th Man -

Hating the C Bags
    No reason to include a first. Washington has zero leverage. With KCP and Kuz we're giving them huge savings and a legit young prospect. That's plenty IMO.

14. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Y'all really want Beal that bad huh?

If we trade for Beal, those that were going to pursue KD next summer would need to look elsewhere.

KD's 38.2m max won't fit next to Bron/Beal/Deng5mDeadcap.

Now consider the incomplete roster charge (ie minimum capholds to fill up the roster), so with just Bron and Beal's contracts only on the books, we wouldn't even have a max slot for the likes of Kawhi, Klay, Boogie, Kemba, Ky, etc.

Now consider KCP's de facto no trade clause.

Now consider why we even Made the effort to buy out Deng at that price in order to clear a max slot, not only for all those dudes, but for KD, who is the highest tier of max player available next summer.

Now consider this:

Butler, with the help of an inept Wolves FO, killed his trade value by demanding a trade. Beal has done no such thing... yet.

And even if and when he does, Beal still ain't worth killing the #2019lan for. Let's keep it real...Beal ain't the deal.

15. Savory Griddles

I'm not saying I necessarily want to trade for Beal. But the whole " a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" saying comes to mind. Is Beal as good as KD or Kawhi? Obviously not. But if we can get him for sure, is it worth going for the sure thing? Paulina was as sure a thing as we could have hoped for and he ended up staying with Westbrook in a little town (no offense John 3:16). I am almost positive we have no assurance from Kawhi that he's coming, and KD is as mercurial as they come. We can't simply keep rolling the plan forward another year because eventually Lebron is not going to be Lebron and these kids are going to need to get paid or we let them walk.

It's a tough decision. If Beal can be had for KCP's contract and Kuz or Hart or Ingram (I'm excluding Ball since they have Wall under such an unmovable deal), then I think it has to be considered. If you can snag him for Kuz + KCP, that still leaves you the ability to send out Ball and Ingram and even Hart in a package this summer for AD or another disgruntled superstar that wants out. Not to mention that Beal + Lebron + the left over kids has a punchers chance against anyone.

tada and Barnstable like this.
  16. Savory Griddles

Also, its not just the Lakers who can trade contracts after 12/15. If you're the Wizards, there is no doubt you wait until then to see what every team can put together when all pieces are available. The Wolves unloaded Butler in hopes they could salvage their season since they still have KAT and Wiggins (who is hot garbage btw). I don't think the Wizards have any such hopes at this point

Barnstable likes this.
  17. ElginTheGreat

ElginTheGreat - Lakers MVP -

At this point we need to stick to the plan. I can’t see trading the young guys now for Beal since we passed on other better players.

I think there are smaller moves we can make to make the team better. We went all in on Ingram and should see that through unless a true big time player comes available.

lakerjones likes this.
  18. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

we never passed on trading for Pg or Kawahi, mgmt. just never offered ENOUGH to get the other team interested. Its back fired with PG, I'm almost 100% sure its gona backfire with Kawahi too, I see no certainty with KD either even with Vash and his tin foil hat conspiracy theory of KD connection to LA

19. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

I hear you Savs, but we deliberated over the Deng thing since Magic and Rob took over (13 total minutes played last year effectively shutting him down, tried to trade him without throwing too many other assets, didn't stretch him the first chance we got, instead we went back and forth with him on securing a buyout number).

All that goes for nothing if we trade for Beal. The fact that we opened up exactly KD's max slot via the Deng buyout is a huge tell into what our plans are.

The very real possibility of a max guy next year to join Bron is something you would want to shovel dirt on...for Beal....real?

20. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    never been enamored with Beal.

McBeal maybe, but for just a bit

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.