2019/20 Players' Transactions: Breaking News , Trades, Free Agents, And Rumors

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by LaVarBallsDad, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

No. I just want to sign a player that can't bolt after one season. Especially if im getting him trading away our "kids".

2. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    Rob reading message boards looking at our trade proposals....

[​IMG]

I'm sure it's quite entertaining.

3. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Has nothing to do with overrating players and everything to do with cost. If you could trade your house for a Lamborghini would you do it? They're roughly the same price, but which do you need more? Also, do you realize the amount of "ifs" you built in there? IF his health checks out and IF he wants to come home (no substantial rumors from good sources) and IF he will re-sign with us. The entire crux of this argument is that you're giving up too much for a player that is not guaranteed to be here and be healthy.

Kawhi Leonard can and will opt out in the summer of 2019 to get paid, especially since the Spurs have been reluctant to offer his super max. Why would we trade so much of our youth for a player not guaranteed to be here? I've already said: if the trade is contingent on him signing an extension, then that changes the equation, but there's still plenty of questions to ask right now about his mentality and his health.

Projects? Or that's what he is now? Because he projects to be better than that in his career, but he is right now a terrific sixth man candidate.
    Did you also see Ingram's efficiency as a rookie? Did you know that Ball's numbers are strikingly similar to HOFer Jason Kidd? Kidd's career FG% is 40% and his rookie splits were 38.5/27.2/69.8 a year older (and certainly more physically mature) than Lonzo Ball.

I honestly don't understand the pessimism for Ball. He's a great kid, has a good head on his shoulders, and just had one of the most impressive statistical (as well as impressive visually) seasons for a rookie in the history of the league. He needs to work on his efficiency, no doubt, but what 20 yr old rookie doesn't? Did you know LeBron James as a rookie shot 41.7% from the field and 29% from deep? John Wall shot 40.9% and 29.6% from deep. Russell Westbrook shot 39.8% and 27.1% from deep. How did all those players project as rookies?

Lonzo is by far the most natural basketball player on our team. He reads defenses and offenses faster than any rookie we've had since Kobe. He has a more natural feel for the game than I've seen from a young PG in purple in gold than anyone since Magic. Ingram is second. He has a very good feel, but he's not as natural a creator offensively, not as natural a passer, and not as natural a defender. It's no insult, but Lonzo's instincts are among the best in the game. That's why Lonzo averaged more steals and blocks than Ingram even though Ingram has more experience. It's also why Lonzo in 52 games has nearly twice as many assists and nearly half as many turnovers as Ingram's two seasons combined (which total 138 games). And no it's not usage% either because Ingram had a greater usage% this season than Lonzo did. Ingram also played PG for a solid stretch of the season.

Well first of all, I was referring to @abeer3 saying he'd trade Ingram AND Kuzma for Kawhi. I don't know what your proposal was, but you defended his position so I assume it's similar.

Second of all, again the crux of the disagreement, is that even in your reconstruction of the trade, we're talking about a one-year rental. This would be roughly equivalent to us trading Mozgov/Russell except let's also add Ingram in there as well to dump the salary because instead of Lopez, we're getting Kawhi. That's an awful idea because Kawhi is a malcontent on a one-year deal with failing health. Like I said in an earlier response to abeer: if Kawhi signed an extension AND passed a physical AND passed a vetting process where we learned exactly how/why he turned his back on the Spurs, I'm willing to talk about the kids. Trading Lonzo doesn't make sense, but some sort of Ingram/Hart/Picks combination makes sense at that point.
    Nope. If someone is going out for a wing, it's Ingram. You make that move we have no point guard and there's none in FA that are worth a crap either. Not to mention Kawhi needs to sign an extension as part of the deal. Not to mention he needs to pass a physical. And if he does pass a physical, he better be able to explain to me why he was at home while his team needed him in the playoffs.

4. Bryant

Bryant - Lakers 6th Man -

Looks like Cousins will be there after all.

5. OmarE

OmarE - Lakers Starter -

6. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    Did they really quote Byron Scott for one of those rumors about Kawhi and the Lakers

:Laugh:

okay..

7. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    yeah, disgruntled Superstar/all star wanting to be a Laker never ever happens except once, and the stars aligned for that one...Shaq

8. Battle Tested20

Technical Data Analyst
  9. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

RC Buford likes our kids. :D

10. OmarE

OmarE - Lakers Starter -

11. Battle Tested20

Technical Data Analyst
    [​IMG]

JohnnyComeLately2k6 and OmarE like this.
  12. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

So we down for the same plan we used for PG and Indiana prior to this season .... have Magic or Rob tell Kawhi to tell SA he's not coming back after 18/19 and he only wants the Lakers in a trade prior to the season? And then get fined again or our draft pick taken away?

:Randallconfused:

13. Bryant

Bryant - Lakers 6th Man -

It wasn't a bad gameplan, the Indiana GM was just hell bent on trading him somewhere else. Maybe we should use our players instead of Magic/Rob to recruit! :Laugh:

This Kawhi situation (1 year rental, injury/attitude concerns etc.) reminds me a lot....of our chase for Coward.

Kawhi is way more talented, but the concerns are similar to Coward. I don't think he'd bail on us like Coward did though.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  14. Battle Tested20

Technical Data Analyst
    I'm not nearly as considered about Kwahi leaving us and having the Dwight saga all over again as I am that we'd be trading for damaged goods. I thought I remember reading that the injury Leonard has to his hip is the the same injury that IT has. Now whether this is true or not, we still don't have a clue what's going on with Leonard physically. Even though our doctors would be able to inspect him if a trade went down, I'd still be nervous.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  15. Battle Tested20

Technical Data Analyst
    Kuz's reaction this morning to the Kwahi trade rumors

Whether its good or not, I'm way too attached to Kuz, Ingram, Randle, Zo, and Hart. This is what happens when you grow in the struggle with these guys and the longer they are together, the longer & stronger this bond is, makes it that much more painful if a trade happens. And then all we're left with is 'WHAT IF' in how they could have been together had we let them grow, and mature as basketball players and men.

TIME, Barnstable, OmarE and 4 others like this.
  16. Battle Tested20

Technical Data Analyst
  17. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

18. OmarE

OmarE - Lakers Starter -

Keep the core together, sign George and Randle, then go after Kawhi next year, but in between all that try to trade Luol with picks and Zu attached! Easy f***ing plan. If all fails we still got a dynamic young core that'll only get better and better

19. johnnyboy

johnnyboy - Lakers 6th Man -

Im Satoshi Nakamoto
    I think it would be a huge mistake to trade our young guys for kawhi. Keep this young core together.

20. Doc Brown

Doc Brown - Lakers Starter -

Doctorin'
    If you want a superstar you can't just wait and say we can sign him in FA the following year. They never get that far. GM's from other teams are not Mitch/Jim (morons), if their superstar is leaving they are trading them before letting them become a FA and walk for nothing.

We've been playing the we can just wait and sign the next star FA in the coming year(s) for what seems like 5+ years now. If you want Kawhi on your team, you gotta be able to give a little bit of the goods, otherwise enjoy watching him on another team (Because some team is surely going to A.) Trade for him and B.) Give him all the money he wants) and enjoy watching your untouchables.

Healthy Kawhi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Anything we have right now by a wide margin

Ideally we are able to get PG/Lebron + keep Randle and our young guys which is the most ideal situation, but if PG or Lebron falls through, yea give me Kawhi and we won't be discussing who we traded when we are rockin' home court in the playoffs.

therealdeal and sirronstuff like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.