2019/20 Players' Transactions: Breaking News , Trades, Free Agents, And Rumors

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by LaVarBallsDad, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lakers2015

Lakers2015 - Lakers Starter -

I've warmed up more to the idea of Derrick Rose.

I think he potentially adds more to our win total potentially pushing us into that 7th or 8th seed in the Western Confernce.

Clark is solid and serviceable, but I don't think he has much of an impact on the win total overall.

SFGOLDRUSHER likes this.
  2. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

been busy, but firm "no" on rose. the rondo and rose interest really has me scratching my head.

Weezy, Juronimo, TIME and 4 others like this.
  3. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

yeah it's a minor but still red sign about Magic and Rob .

TIME likes this.
  4. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

He fits with Deng, a future first and some cash considerations......in an escape pod we plan on jettisoning on some remote planet before we jump into hyperspace.

5. Lakers2015

Lakers2015 - Lakers Starter -

Or maybe fans should stop overreacting to every single report.

This could easily be the Lakers doing their due diligence like with Rondo or perhaps Rose isn't as big of a character concern as some think.

SFGOLDRUSHER likes this.
  6. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    If you told me you could have Rose or Jordan Clarkson, and that they cost about the same, which would I pick? I might have an argument either way that made sense.

If you told me one was a fraction of the price. I'd pick that one.

If we sign Rose, I don't see keeping Clarkson so much. Doesn't Vander Blue do what he does, but is a couple of inches shorter? If neither play D, does that matter so much?

OmarE and Ryanwestlombardi like this.
  7. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers Legend -

yea we're talking bout a bench player here, we've had worse as far as "character issues," rodman, rider...some names I can remember

8. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers Legend -

You can be a staunch Clarkson hater but there is no gm/coach/etc. that would think Blue is capable as Clarkson.....Blue can't even sniff 10day contracts since the ones he gotten from us

9. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    I'm not sure Clarkson could get MVP of the G League.

:Laugh:

I haven't watched enough of Blue to be fair, but going off of the reputation as tunnel vision gunners. My point is that if you replace Clarkson with Rose, is using Blue or someone else behind Rose so terrible? People aren't high on Clarkson improving, so I guess I don't see a huge downside.

Ryanwestlombardi likes this.
  10. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Yeah I'm expecting Clarkson to be moved, but Blue cannot do what Clarkson can do. Clarkson is a much better player than Blue.

That's part of what makes Lonzo intriguing: if he can do all this with Vander Blue and Matt Thomas, what can he do with real talent?

Barnstable likes this.
  11. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers Legend -

we know Clarkson can pass, we saw it his rookie year but if his role is the gunnar off the bench i.e. Crawford type role, why should we blame him for that? He just needs to be more efficient, I dont care about the passing anymore. But yes I'll agree, Rose isn't a good fit with Clarkson and neither is Clark, I dont see any of these remaining known PG names being an exact fit, Clark isn't a PG like real said, just a SG in a PG body. I would prefer Marshall if all we're hoping for is a PG that'll run the O and not look to score, just hoping he's at least a competent 3pt shooter now. I'm not sure why we're not giving Ennis a shot, minus the "vet" part he seems like a ok prospect

sirronstuff likes this.
  12. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

I'd pick Clarkson hands down just comparing as players, after watching Rose highlight clip against Lakers last year. Looks like a "Deng" of his old self. :p

13. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

Clarkson. Rose is done. Clarkson has the potential to be a good 6th man. Eventually Clarkson will be gone anyways so it's a moot point.

SFGOLDRUSHER likes this.
  14. SeasonVet24

SeasonVet24 - Rookie -

"Let me explain. D-Rose has been where Lonzo is right now and is possibly one of the only few people in the NBA who would understand what Lonzo is going through.

In 2008, Rose was a highly regarded freshman prospect who had led his college team to the best record in the NCAA and the championship game. He was then drafted 1st overall by his hometown team, (Bulls) who although not the worst team in the league, had been going nowhere ever since Jordan. He had the hopes and expectations of an entire city thrust upon him. He won ROY and helped a young but promising Bulls team qualify for the playoffs as the 7th seed in his rookie year. He was an All-Star in his 2nd year and in his 3rd year, he became the league’s youngest ever MVP while leading the Bulls to 1st seed in the NBA and an ECF match-up with LeBron’s Heat. (Any of that sound familiar to what people expect from Lonzo?)

Injuries may have derailed his career after that but he’s been where Lonzo is right now and has dealt with all that chatter and expectations and he was successful up until the ACL injury. Rose would be a decent mentor for Lonzo, helping him through what is going to be a challenging season, because Rose (more than anyone else linked: Clark, Ennis and suggested: Sessions, Udrih) has been through it all.
    And when it comes to playing style, even though Rose and Lonzo are very different, Lonzo can certainly learn a thing or two about ball handling and finishing around the rim from Rose who certainly qualifies as elite in both those categories."

From one of the member on SSR. Agree 100%

OmarE and Ryanwestlombardi like this.
  15. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

Lonzo is nothing like Rose. Lonzo's game is not talent you get every year. As a matter of fact, you get it once in a generation.

Rose is an aloof, doesn't or ever worked hard. He lived off his talent. That's it. Lonzo is a team player who can control the game each and every night simply by running the offense.

16. SeasonVet24

SeasonVet24 - Rookie -

Even though Rose and Lonzo are very different, Lonzo can certainly learn a thing or two about ball handling and finishing around the rim from Rose who certainly qualifies or used to as an elite in both those categories. I don't think you understand how good Rose was in his prime. This dude has one of the quickest 1st step I've ever seen, and can get to the basket whenever and anytime he wants (better than Westbrook) Not only that, he can finish at the rim which something I think Lonzo can learn from.

SFGOLDRUSHER, OmarE and Barnstable like this.
  17. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

Whoa. I didn't even think of all that...the similarities in terms of situation coming into the league are very much there....

My only concern is that Rose can still play...i mean he averaged 18-5-4 shooting 47% last year. Is he really going to be OK with Lonzo being the starter?

OmarE and Barnstable like this.
  18. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers MVP -

We get seduced by stats. I get it. But his stats equaled nothing in terms of winning games.

19. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

The Knicks were a trainwreck. If you get that off the bench from him, in a limited capacity, which should help with keeping him healthy, would be amazing for this young squad.

I know it's not the most ideal situation for him, but it'll give Rose some time to depress from everyone always expecting on him to make a comeback, and return at his own pace in a bench role. Less pressure off his back and allows him to go back and play his game.

If he breaks out, that works out for him, he's off a 1 year deal and he can sign a bigger contract or maybe decide to stay if the "stars align" in 2018.

OmarE likes this.
  20. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

I think it's safe to assume that any PG that chooses to come here understands that they are in the back up role and possibly a mentor role. A name the ESPNLA710 guys keep bringing up is Brandon Jennings, I think he's redundant to JC but it already feels like Magic has packed his bags.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.