2019/20 Players' Transactions: Breaking News , Trades, Free Agents, And Rumors

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by LaVarBallsDad, Jan 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    This. Cranjis knows the game but that was pure empty hints and innuendo. If you have something to say and you actually know something then come out and say it. You're writing a basketball blog, not a Hollywood Insider rumor blog.

2. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

There is always better scenarios.

Rob is good at certain things, but he lacks the attention to detail.

Mitch killed those types of moves; but then Deng and Mosgov happened.

I would have rather let Caruso develop over the season instead of Rondo getting any mins.

I would have started Gary Payton Jr than giving Rondo any mins.

Hell, I would have rather signed Trey Burke.

There are always options; those are limitless.

Rob is a novice in many respects. And while the Clips have some of the best basketball minds in their FO, we're leaning on a very inexperienced GM to lead the way.

Kind of scary.

3. TIME

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    And yet Kobe said that Rob was a monster on the details. I wonder which it is?

4. LaVarBallsDad

And yet we're getting ready to sign Waiters because we had no contingency, right?

5. LaVarBallsDad

Nor do we have a legit size wing, right?

But I am sure Lakers Ball will love hanging up that Pacific West Banner....

6. TIME

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    Keep digging. Maybe you'll find some treasure in that hole eventually.

[​IMG]

7. LaVarBallsDad

Uh huh. I sure will. You'll be there in that hole in May when we get eliminated.

8. LaVarBallsDad

Attention to detail, though, right?

Give me a f****** break.

9. Sentient Meat

Sentient Meat - Rookie -

I said in my original post that I thought Rondo was playing below his standard.

It still doesn't change the reality of his statistics.

Take this comparison with Caruso.

https://www.basketball-reference.co...ondo&y2=2020&player_id2=rondora01&idx=players

Caruso is clearly a better defender... but he's a worse passer and he's afraid to shoot.

Think of Danny Green vs. Kobe. Danny Green is a better shooter in terms of eFG%... but Danny Green will only shoot under absolutely optimum conditions.

Lonzo used to do this as well... where he'd make some early shots... then not shoot the rest of the game

It doesn't matter if players have better percentages if they are either afraid to shoot, or unable to get a shot off.

So although I love Caruso, until he gets over his fear... he is a liability in his own way because he won't shoot unless necessary. This is as costly as bad defense in many ways. He has been better recently... but it's still an issue. Yet no one blames Caruso.

Bradley has also been better recently but he has been shooting way below normal. I hoping he comes back to his average which would be a big boost.

My point is that I also have been unhappy with Rondo but he's getting paid like a 10th player on the team and he's 7th in minutes.

He certainly deserves some credit for our recent losses but who normally blames the 7th man for a team's deficiencies?

In some of the recent losses Vogel only played him 14 minutes. If we lost it was because he couldn't play like good Rondo... not because he was keeping someone else from helping us. That was why it was so crucial to sign Collison. The others weren't doing much better themselves.

I still think signing IT is way more useful than Dion Waiters.

Purp n Gold and abeer3 like this.
  10. wallangong

wallangong - Lakers 6th Man -

The amount of pride you take in waiting to say “haha I told you so” is cringe worthy for a so-called fan. Especially when none of those individuals you mock have come close to guaranteeing a title from this team. There isn’t a single poster that has denied problems with the roster, but facts are facts and we’re first in the West with two Top 5 players. Saying we’ve already lost in the playoffs is objectively silly.

11. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

He typically plays a smarter game and makes more conservative passes, not putting the mustard on it like Rondo. When Rondo makes those it's great and they're awesome to see. But he pushes it too far and lazily too often. That said, he's pretty good feeding AD on lobs and such. As far as Caruso being "afraid to shoot" that's BS. He takes the shot when it comes to him and is the right play and he's not afraid to take it to the rim with decent finishing skills if he sees an opening. While he's not getting enough minutes to get into any kind of groove out there.

Big Mamma Jamma likes this.
  12. Wino

Wino - Lakers Starter -

Retired
    Agreed, the haters are simply morons.

Big Mamma Jamma likes this.
  13. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

hell no to lance

guy was so annoying to watch. not to mention inconsistent just like the rest of the bench

14. nzahir

nzahir Guest

15. nzahir

nzahir Guest

Doesn't hurt to wait anymore, no other options for wing defenders

LaVarBallsDad likes this.
  16. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Reggie Jackson, Moe Harkless, JR Smith, Lance Stephenson.................................................................... DIon Waiters.

The rumors of us looking at Schroder, Dinwiddie, Rose, Collison is encouraging that we know where the holes are and were active in trying to fill them. Unfortuantely we didn't have the pieces to make any worthwhile move while still holding the team together.

We need a better point guard just to take minutes away from Rondo. Or Vogel needs to grow a pair and not play Rondo at all, that would solve some things internally.

Still think we need a wing defender, can't expect Lebron, AD, Green, Kuzma to guard the better wings 48mins a game for 7 games. Harkless here would be amazing. LFR managed to convince me on JR, he's a knuckle head but he's still able to make those tough shots, gives us a little more size on the wing and has that attitude this team needs.

I think our trade deadline grade is still tbd by what we do in the buyout market.

17. Sentient Meat

Sentient Meat - Rookie -

Smarter or more cautious?

Don't get me wrong... I hate both LBJ and Rondo's lazy passes... but even with the dozens of half a$$ passes, Rondo still has a better assist turnover ratio than Caruso. It's annoying because in the case of Rondo, it's avoidable but he's still the far better passer.

Think of a gymnastics or diving routine... Rondo is constantly doing high difficulty passes like LBJ, so he has a much higher failure rate than he should

But still... even with the high failure rate... it's still better than Caruso. It's better than Doncic, Trae Young, Ben Simmons... all considered good playmakers.

The solution is to bench Rondo or LBJ if they make those careless passes but of course due to politics that probably is impossible so you have to live with it.

Caruso has been better about looking for his shot... I will choose to focus on the positive... but he has been very tentative at times.

Rondo has a higher failure rate, but he can get to the basket with much more regularity.

18. johnnyboy

johnnyboy - Lakers 6th Man -

Im Satoshi Nakamoto
    And everyone would be crying right now saying "we coulda had kawhi but we signed xyz too quick" . Knicks wanted kuzma, green and a pick. Thats nuts.
    Morris is a decent role player if you think he woulda put the lakers over the top, you're simply wrong.

19. LaVarBallsDad

If we don't actively try to fix these glaring holes, I am expecting elimination.

Again, we have Miluwakee, Philly, and the Clips coming up; we will see how we look.

20. LaVarBallsDad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.