2015 Nba Draft Discussion: Russell, Nance Jr., Brown

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by LaVarBallsDad, Oct 14, 2014.

1. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

I'd trade #27 if Anderson and RHJ are both off the boards.

BTW maybe I missed it, but have we brought in guys like WCS, S.Johnson, Winslow, and Hezonja for workouts, in case we trade down from #2?

2. unpossibl1

unpossibl1 - Rookie -

Nope, unless they were done in secret/private. Worked out Mudiay/Russell/Okafor, then a ton of late 1st/early 2nd round guys. Doing 2nd workouts from here on out, although it's still possible some of those guys get brought in this week.

tada and therealdeal like this.
  3. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

There's nothing to worry about man!

Talk on Okafor is that Al Jefferson is his floor. Al Jefferson is a hell of a big man to have for the absolute worst you could be and I don't think he'll end up near there.

lakerjones, LTLakerFan and tada like this.
  4. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Am surprised no WCS.

5. LTLakerFan

Top Poster Of Month

Take my boy, Jah and I will give you a break on Green, he wants to be with here with Jah who wants to be here. [​IMG]

6. LTLakerFan

Top Poster Of Month

I think last time someone used those 3 words in a post around here they got mocked. [​IMG]

Kenzo and trodgers like this.
  7. unpossibl1

unpossibl1 - Rookie -

Me too, Mitch initially said he wanted to bring in 6-8 people to look at for the 2nd pick. He has looked at 4- Russell, Mudiay, Okafor, Porzingis. No Towns, WCS, Hezonja (still playing in Europe), Winslow. It's always possible those players felt like they would be wasting their time because they aren't realistic options for the 2nd pick.

Also somewhat surprised that they haven't looked at Stanley Johnson, Myles Turner, Kaminsky, etc but did bring in Payne. I would think if someone in the late lottery made an offer they can't refuse to swap picks they would need to know as much as they could about those players. That said, Lakers have worked out a TON of players this year, just the vast majority of them are 2nd rounders at best.

8. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Is there a list somewhere of all the guys we've worked out?

9. LTLakerFan

Top Poster Of Month

10. therealdeal

Not that I know of, but here on the Lakers.com site there's interviews with almost every kid we've had come through. There's been a handful that have worked out but not interviewed. Total body count on kids is like almost 80 I think.

11. LTLakerFan

Top Poster Of Month

The work load "downside" for the staff when you have draft picks. No wonder they always traded them.

therealdeal likes this.
  12. therealdeal

I think Payne was a favor to someone, that's the only thing that makes sense. Or maybe just one failed attempt at a smokescreen because there was a moment when Payne's value skyrocketed for basically no reason at all.

I think most of the agents for Stan Johnson, Turner, Kaminsky and the rest of the 6-14 crew thought it would be a waste of time for their client probably.

The only one I'm shocked didn't come in is Towns and that to me just says it's clear Towns wants the #1 pick. He wants Minnesota and he wants the #1 because he ONLY worked out for them. I find that a little insulting and a little stupid honestly. If I were his agent, heck if I were the kid himself, I'd work out with the top three teams and see if maybe I can convince one of them to trade for me or something.

That's fine though. If he doesn't want to workout here, we don't need him. He'll go #1 and we'll take Okafor and laugh all the way to the bank.

13. LTLakerFan

Top Poster Of Month

Wow!! Athleticism, strength, NBA body, reputed DEFENSE and a SWEET shooter's stroke like that .... sign me up. [​IMG] Not possible though, is it?

Ryanwestlombardi likes this.
  14. unpossibl1

unpossibl1 - Rookie -

Figured this might be the case, but still, Wolves did get a formal, sit-down interview.

15. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

His shot chart was ridiculous. We need shooters. I'd take a chance with the 34th pick.

16. LaVarBallsDad

17. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

@Weezy not worried. It's almost impossible to f*** up here unless we get cute and over think it. The gap between the bigs and everyone else has always been large. But just like the negative buzz around Jah...that's not sexy and doesn't warrant clicks. And I think we know more about Okafor than anyone else in consideration for the pick. Mitch said we saw him a total of like 16 times last year. Then we had him in for two workouts. If that doesn't give you a feel for a guy...I don't know what will. I'd say the next guy we know the most about is Mudiay because of the two workouts and the continual dialog with Larry Brown about the kid.

@unpossibl1 I think the Payne workout had everything to do with Jimmy Butler and little to do with Payne. That's not to say we don't like him, I like his game, and maybe we want a file on him for down the road. But I don't think he was ever in play to be a Laker this year based on us bringing in no one else in that range.

@therealdeal I want to say the number is 76 prospects that have been brought in. Impressive.

18. therealdeal

Does Kyler know anything or is that speculation? Because every Laker reporter has said no workout took place for us. We may have gone and watched a workout but if it's not for us specifically then I'm not a fan at all.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  19. therealdeal

I heard it was 78 because two weren't official or didn't have a video or something. Pretty crazy stuff. Don't say Mitch and Co. didn't do their homework!

20. LaVarBallsDad