Wmc 15/16: We are finally at the END! BYE BYRON!!!

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by puffyusaf#2, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Lakers2015

Lakers2015 - Lakers Starter -

Absolutely. Butler is an All Star. I don't ever see Clarkson being as good as someone like Butler. I wouldn't trade Russell or Randle, but if it's just Clarkson and the pick you have to do it imo.

lakerjones likes this.
  2. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Cowherd has a source in the FO like I'm married to Scarlett Johansson.

But yeah obviously if we get the pick, we're going shopping. The Lakers will do their due diligence and see if Ingram or Simmons is transcendent, but if/when they're not they'll move on and see if we can get a disgruntled star for that draft spot. Not too long ago the #1 pick got Cleveland Kevin Love. If the Lakers can get Butler or Cousins for the #1 pick, they absolutely will. If the Lakers get the #2 or #3 pick and can turn that + Lou Williams and maybe our #32 pick into Cousins or Butler, they'll do that too.

We desperately need to improve our roster and if we can get an All-Star the Lakers absolutely should do it.

You go get Butler or Cousins (I vastly prefer Butler) for Lou/Pick and you've still got just under 60 million left. Give a max deal to Horford or Whiteside and suddenly you're looking at:

Russell/Clarkson
    Butler/______
    _____/Anthony Brown (?)
    Randle/Nance Jr.
    Horford/Black

with another 30+ million to go? You take that team to Durant and you tell him if he signs on, there's still a small chunk (roughly 8 million) then can use to fill out the roster. Dudley? Courtney Lee? They could absorb a contract or two. They could even find an expiring and try to keep the money open for next season for Westbrook.

Once Durant says thanks but no thanks, you can go after someone like DeRozan for 25.4 million or you can go get Barnes for the max at 21 million and still have plenty of room either roll over to next season or fill out with cost efficient veterans.

Russell/Clarkson
    Butler/Bazemore
    Barnes/Anthony Brown(?)
    Randle/Nance Jr.
    Horford/Black

lakerjones likes this.
  3. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    Luke and Cuz? could probably work. laid back coach and negasonic butthead lol

4. Lakers2015

I'm not sure Durant says no thanks if we get Whiteside and Butler. I mean where else is he gonna go that would have a better opportunity to win it all? Golden State is obvious, but his legacy will be shattered. San Antonio isn't really a fit. Miami won't be able to re-sign Whiteside. What's he gonna do play with an aging Wade, Dragic, and Bosh who may never play again?

5. therealdeal

He probably just stays in OKC for at least the 1+1 contract. If not, if he goes to San Antonio, things get really really interesting.

6. Lakers2015

I dont see it. Him and Kawhi play the same position and if OKC doesn't win it I can't see him staying there when he can get a long term deal this summer. We'll see. I think the Lakers are gonna have a huge summer. Not giving up hope just yet.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  7. therealdeal

If Durant stays for one more year with a highly competitive OKC team he can get an even more enormous payday next summer. This summer he can sign a contract starting at around 25.4 million. Next summer he can sign a contract starting at almost 40 million dollars. That's something to really consider.

As for the Spurs you move Kawhi up to SG if you have to.

The Lakers are a long, long, long shot. They need to make at least 2-3 other moves just to come close to signing Durant in my opinion.

RasAlgethi likes this.
  8. Lakers2015

Well the Spurs are pretty much the same thing as Golden State. Does Durant really wanna go there and hurt his legacy? I don't see it. He's gonna wanna be the clear cut man and that is clearly Kawhi's team. As for the Lakers well if you sign Whiteside, trade for Butler or another All Star that's two HUGE moves that will get Kd's attention. I don't see KD waiting a year either. He had that injury plagued season last year I don't think he's gonna wanna risk it when he can still get a huge, lucrative contract this offseason.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  9. therealdeal

Well sure, but that's so much easier said by us than actually accomplished. If we lose the pick in two weeks, that whole plan goes up in smoke. Also, I'm pretty sure Durant wants to be the man on a team, but I think he'd rather have a ring too. Not many guys fit in to the culture of San Antonio, but if Durant wants to win that's the direction he should look. If I were him, I'd definitely look there.

I'm hopeful for a big summer, but I'm not that hopeful. I hope you continue to fight the good fight though!

10. KareemtheGreat33

Brow-beater
    Jim and Mitch be like

[​IMG]

11. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
  12. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

This is the more realistic scenario... Durant will give the Lakers face time but seriously we are better off concentrating on upper tier [not "superstar"] combinations to shore up the 3 and 5 spots not to mention a capable back-up point man. Of course, it doesn't mean we don't make our pitch but don't hold off on other options.

13. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

"Face time" just got a whole hell of a lot better going forward for the Lakers with Luke in the meetings.

KareemtheGreat33 likes this.
  14. KareemtheGreat33

Brow-beater
    Luke has that wonderful GSW scent all over him, no FA can resist, problem is, it will be overcame by Jim and Mitch stench of failure.

15. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Jim and Mitch stench of failure seems unreasonably harsh considering they just hired the smell good plumber .....errrr.....coach. They're on a roll. Wait and see. The only stench to be gotten rid of is this guy with it all over him and that they did.

[​IMG]

sirronstuff likes this.
  16. Chillbongo

Chillbongo - Lakers 6th Man -

So uh, Boron's Twitter feed is still on the side bar.

We should do something about that....I'm getting PTSD.

17. Kou

Kou - Lakers 6th Man -

I'd probably do that trade as well if we are going for win now mode, gives us a better chance in FA.

18. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

Honestly, if we only have to give up Clarkson and the pick for Butler (hopefully we can sneak Lou in there) and then we sign Whiteside on the first day of free agency, we instantly become a top 3 destination for Durant. If Whiteside continues his play from this season, Whiteside + Butler is better than Westbrook + Ibaka. Then add to that a maturing Russell and Randle with Nance and possibly Lou off the bench? AND it's LA instead of OKC? At that point, the only options better are GS and San Antonio, and I don't think Durant is the kind of guy who would do that. I don't know that he necessarily looks at it like "I have to be the unquestioned leader" but I do think he looks at it in a way where he doesn't just want to jump on a team that really doesn't even need him to compete for a ring.

19. CaCHooKa Man

CaCHooKa Man Administrator: Media Staff Member

Still a POS even after getting canned

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/...-nick-young-leaked-video-byron-scott-comments

Cookie, sirronstuff and therealdeal like this.
  20. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    PIPE DOWN bYRON!!!

[​IMG]

trodgers and Cookie like this.