Which Opponent Are You Looking Forward To Facing Most?

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by Lakers2015, Aug 5, 2016.

1. KB24

KB24 Administrator Staff Member

Certified Tax Advisor
    If the Lakers win 30 games, I would be happy. Thats a very good number for such a young team.

I can tell you that Thunder were absolutely terrible the first couple of years with Durant, Harden and Westbrook and they took them to contention.

The Lakers might not have such talented players but still shows you that its tough to win at a young age, even fore HOF talented players.

2. Purp n Gold

Purp n Gold - Rookie -

^ we might not have drafted 3/3 like the Thunder, but I think we have at least 2 studs among the young guys

3. KB24

KB24 Administrator Staff Member

Certified Tax Advisor
    Not saying we don't. All I'm saying is that even with 2 young studs, its tough to win.

First season with Durant and Westbrook the Thunder were 20-62. In the second season they were 23-59. Third season they were 50-32 and 4th season 55-27.

What I'm saying is that its hard to win. Westbrook was 20 in his first season, Durant was 19. The Lakers Russell is 20 AFTER his first season and Ingram is still 18...so they are a year behind by age as well...its just tough to win without the necessary NBA seasoning.

Every night players are coming at you, you have to travel at night, play b2b games against stronger and more phyiscal players, they intentionally hurt you to intimidate you etc...it takes a lot of physical and mental toughness. You cannot have that right away.

4. Purp n Gold

Purp n Gold - Rookie -

I'm not disagreeing with you, but rather adding to your point in that it's hard to win. OKC did great in the draft, I'm not so sure we've done as well as they did in the draft... but I'm hoping we end up with two top-10 players when the young guys really hit their stride as pros. I agree, 30 wins for this squad would be a huge improvement, and going by the OKC model, probably ahead of schedule.

5. Alcindor

Alcindor - Lakers Starter -

TWolves are on the same path as us and will be a real force in this league in 3 years. Assuming KAT pans out like he looks like he will, we have to hope that Ingram and hopefully DAR are going to be that level as well. Wolves/Lakers in the west in 3 years will be the major forces probably behind GSW still who look to dominate for a while.
    So The Wolves for me and even though we have no business with GSW it's fun to rise to the challenge.

Khmrp likes this.