So... Draft Prospects?

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by ShowTime_IR, Nov 21, 2015.

1. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

:D :D :D :D :D

That is preposterously biased. Just ridiculously biased. Let's talk about all the good aspects of those picks, but none of the good aspects of the Lakers' picks? Jaylen Brown is a good pick for them, but let's not pretend he's flawless. Almost everyone questions how much he actually enjoys the game and absolutely everyone questions his ability to create/shoot at the next level. Let's just forget that they reached WAY far for Yabusele and let talents like Davis, Jones, Skal fall to pick him. Davis was a decent pick in the 2nd round. Zizic is a decent pick, but he and Yabusele are FAR from ready to contribute.

Meanwhile Ingram has been called the best talent in the draft by more than one source including Woj/The Vertical who I trust implicitly. Even ESPN last night said Zubac could be the best Center prospect in the draft, but slid because he insisted on being in the NBA right away.

But yeah. :D

Lakers did okay and the C Bags were amazing. :D :D :D :D

2. Doc Brown

Doc Brown - Lakers Starter -

Doctorin'
    I think it says more that whoever wrote that had to shine that big piece of s*** that is the Boston draft with extra coats just to make it seem like they did good. Every player they drafted is going to be good!!!!

Meanwhile we get a couple snippets. We got Brandon Ingram though so flame on media.

3. Punk-101

Punk-101 - Lakers Starter -

I would have liked Kay Felder for cash. I think he could be a better passing Nate Robinson.

jbiggs likes this.
  4. trodgers

trodgers Administrator Staff Member

Professor of Humanities
    That's some
    [​IMG]

5. trodgers

Professor of Humanities
    So, who's this player we tried to purchase? International dude? Any UNC guys we didn't notice? :)

6. therealdeal

I don't think Mitch said his name either because he doesn't want to let people know or maybe because he went undrafted and wants to get him on the SL team?

7. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

[​IMG] :Headbang:

Cookie likes this.
  8. trodgers

Professor of Humanities
    SB Nation says that these are the people we've worked out who aren't signed (as far as I know):

Troy Williams (Indiana): 21-years old. Draft Express 76th ranked prospect. Plans/planned to work out for the Lakers before the draft.

Derrick Jones (UNLV): 19-years old. Draft Express' 72nd ranked prospect. Plans/planned to work out for the Lakers before the draft.

Yogi Ferrell (Indiana): 23-years old. Draft Express' 63rd ranked prospect. Worked out for Lakers on May 16th.

Mamadou N'Diaye (UCI): 22-years old. Draft Express' 97th ranked prospect. Plans/planned to work out for the Lakers before the draft.

Wayn Selden (Kansas): 21-years old. Draft Express' 47th ranked prospect. Worked out for Lakers at unknown date.

Danuel House (Texas A&M): 23-years old. Draft Express 24th ranked senior. Worked out for Lakers the week of June 5th.

James Webb III (Boise State): 22-years old: Draft Express' 75th ranked prospect. Will or has worked out for Lakers

Perry Ellis (Kansas): 22-years old. Draft Express 68th ranked prospect. Has worked out for the Lakers.

Alex Poythress (Kentucky): 22-years old. Draft Express 81st ranked prospect. Lakers front office attended a workout featuring Poythress and other draft eligible players.

Brandon Austin (Northwest Florida State): 22-years old. Unranked on Draft Express. Lakers front office attended a workout featuring Austin and other draft eligible players.

Ron Baker (Wichita State): 23-years old. Draft Express' 82nd ranked prospect. Lakers front office attended a workout featuring Baker and other draft eligible players.

Santiago Yusta (Obradoiro/International): 19-years old. Draft Express' 90th ranked prospect. Lakers front office attended a workout featuring Yusta and other draft eligible players.

First thoughts: I'd put the Kansas dudes near the top of the list.

abeer3, RushDelivery and therealdeal like this.
  9. therealdeal

Yeah I'm interested in Ellis. I know he's older and has that old man game, but he's a smart player. I'd also like Yogi and N'Diaye for name value.

10. Aonex

Aonex - Rookie -

Yup, let's get as many undrafted seniors as we can get.

sirronstuff likes this.
  11. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

How bout that crazy athletic pg from Wyoming? Forgot name....
    But he was nance teammate...coukd have that josh Richardson (mia) potential

12. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

I don't know what we're going to do with any more rookies other than camp fodder. I mean, if Zubac is indeed coming over which is what is being reported, and we resign Black and Clarkson as expected, our current roster is getting really full.

?/Black/Zubac
    Randle/Nance
    Ingram/Brown
    Clarkson/Swaggy (Granted, he's likely being stretched)
    Russell/Lou

That's 10 (or more likely 9) dudes who are expected to be on the 15 man roster. We know Mitch likes to always leave one spot open, so that means we got 5 spots open for veterans...NOT more kids. It's starting to look like we will probably be picking up a couple dump candidates. With Durant likely staying, and not real trade prospects for top tier talent open, how will we get to the cap floor? Sign Courtney Lee to a one year 25 million dollar contract? :D

13. trodgers

Professor of Humanities
    Updates:

Brandon Austin (Northwest Florida State): 22-years old. 6'4, 215# Guard. Unranked on Draft Express. No thanks. Didn't do anything outstanding against suspect talent.

Ron Baker (Wichita State): 23-years old. 6'8" 225# F. Draft Express' 82nd ranked prospect. Hard worker. Senior. Seems like a good fit.

Perry Ellis (Kansas): 22-years old. Draft Express 68th ranked prospect. Has worked out for the Lakers. Stretch 4. Like Brian Cook.

Yogi Ferrell (Indiana): 23-years old. Draft Express' 63rd ranked prospect. 5'10"-6' (different sources) 178# G. Tiny, quick, floor general. Isaiah Thomas light. Pure stroke. God athlete. Fearless. Would be an exciting add.

Danuel House (Texas A&M): 23-years old. Draft Express 24th ranked senior. 6'7, 195 G/F. No thanks. Scorer who doesn't shoot well.

Derrick Jones (UNLV): 19-years old. Draft Express' 72nd ranked prospect. 6'7, 190#. SF. Young, intriguing, awesome athlete. Ridiculous dunker.

Dunks:

Mamadou N'Diaye (UCI): 22-years old. Draft Express' 97th ranked prospect. 7'6" 300# giant. Limited offense, ridiculous defensive capabilities. Signed by GS.

Alex Poythress (Kentucky): 22-years old. Draft Express 81st ranked prospect. 6'8 238# F. Playing with Magic over summer.

Wayne Selden (Kansas): 21-years old. Draft Express' 47th ranked prospect. 6'5 230# SG. Tough dude. Not a good shooter. Athletic and strong enough to play SG. Not the quickest.

James Webb III (Boise State): 22-years old: Draft Express' 75th ranked prospect. 6'9" 202#. SF. Good athlete. Inconsistent shooter. Bit of Mikki Moore in his game.

Troy Williams (Indiana): 21-years old. Draft Express 76th ranked prospect. 6'7" 206# F. Might be a decent defender/slasher already. Way inconsistent shooter.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04wFrTvlDVY

Santiago Yusta (Obradoiro/International): 19-years old. Draft Express' 90th ranked prospect. 6'7 185# Wing. Not a good athlete, not a good shooter.

abeer3, RushDelivery and therealdeal like this.
  14. trodgers

Professor of Humanities
    AVAILABLE
    Perry Ellis (Kansas)
    Derrick Jones (UNLV)
    Wayne Selden (Kansas)
    Troy Williams (Indiana)

SIGNED
    Ron Baker (Wichita State). Knicks.
    Yogi Ferrell (Indiana). Nets.
    Mamadou N'Diaye (UCI). GSW.
    Alex Poythress (Kentucky). Magic.
    James Webb III (Boise State). Sixers.

NOT INTERESTED
    Brandon Austin (Northwest Florida State): (RED FLAGS)
    Danuel House (Texas A&M)
    Santiago Yusta

abeer3, RushDelivery, JSM and 2 others like this.
  15. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

Ellis... Baker was good on the times I saw him play.

16. Kou

Kou - Lakers 6th Man -

Josh Adams, video posted on the previous page.

17. Lakers2015

Lakers2015 - Lakers Starter -

18. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

wasn't there some buzz regarding house's defense? or am i thinking of someone else?