President Trump

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion and Philosophy -(FORUM CLOSED)-' started by TIME, Jan 20, 2017.

1. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

makes a comment and then says "i'm not here to discuss." thanks for your valuable insight

how is anything i said an assumption?

2. Lakeshow85

Lakeshow85 - Rookie -

While I am a Trump supporter and will vote for him in 2020, I can get why people wouldn’t like him. The society we live in now is very sensitive to words and what people say. It’s a politically correct society and without having the actual numbers I’d say that’s why 90% of the people hate him, because of his words.

I grew up in the 80s/90s and I lived in the hood; I was heavily influenced by the hip hop culture and growing up I remember the rappers loved Trump. He would be in some of their videos, they rapped about how he is the person they were trying to become, and he was genuinely liked by a lot of people in the hip hop community. A person from the inner city who becomes successful and rich; who wouldn’t admire that.

I also grew up during the comedy era of the 90s and if you know comedy you know comedians say some pretty controversial and raunchy things and because of this it’s not too much Trump says that I am offended with because he has not said anything as bad as what comedians has said and people still hate him for it.

I used to be a democrat. Voted for Obama twice. Supported him as the first black president because everyone told me that’s what I was supposed to do as a black person. Looking back, that’s the most idiotic reason to support someone. A woman is supposed to vote for a women, a Latino for a Latino, and Muslim for a Muslim, etc. just because they are that thing? My red pill moment came when the hip hop community began hating on Trump coupled with just how much the mainstream media tried to portray him as this Hitleresque dictator who is racist and homophobic and xenophobic and sexist.

That didn’t add up for and even though I didn’t vote for him in 2016 (I voted for Gary Johnson) I’ve learned that when the media says something, it’s a good idea to research with the notion that it’s their opposite. We’ve seen that in the NBA with Lebron and our team and now Zion. When the media hypes something up, it’s usually not true and when they ostracize or portray something negatively it’s usually not true.

I’m more of a libertarian now because I really despise government involvement in anything in our lives, but we can discuss that in another thread.
    :Shaqwink:

revgen likes this.
  3. Lakeshow85

Lakeshow85 - Rookie -

That’s definitely not true. Our mainstream media portrays this through CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, and our mainstream newspapers, but the facts are that going into 2020, there will be more black people (but he’s a racist), more women (but he’s a sexist), more Latinos (but he’s a xenophobe) and more gay people (but he’s a homophobe) that will be voting for him. The main thing I do like about Trump (that even if I disagreed with everything else he did) is that he is doing things for every American citizens, not just black people, or Latinos, or women, or homosexuals. He has everyone in mind and I think that is a huge plus. I have to go but we can discuss more. Peace out peeps

4. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

ummmm no. his approval ratings and the fact that he lost the popular vote by over 3 million votes portray that. also, funny how you didn't call out fox news

more minorities will be voting for him in 2020? got a source? and sorry but i couldn't help but laugh at your claim that he has everyone in mind. trump clearly only sees himself as president to those who voted for him. surrounding himself with people like mike pence, stephen miller, etc were moves designed to please that base that's willing to go down with him. oh, and the president who "has everyone in mind" just tweeted the other day that a few congresswomen need to go back to the countries they came from. but the magas will say that's not racist right?

Lakeshow85 likes this.
  5. Lakeshow85

Lakeshow85 - Rookie -

Well the very fact that he won says otherwise. And those same numbers said Hilary would win the election. Polls are inaccurate and bias.

Our mainstream media is predominantly liberal so they dominate the mainstream. There was no reason to call out Fox, they exaggerate and have their own agenda, but they are not relevant in this instance, they somewhat cover Trump in an unbiased way at times.

47% of white women voted for Trump compared to 42% who voted against Barack Obama in 2012

29% of the Hispanic population voted for Trump compared to about 21% who voted against Barack.

8% of the Black population voted for Trump compared to 6% who voted against Barack.

Unfortunately there is no coverage of just how these changes are happening going into 2020. A lot of black people will be voting for Trump in 2020. There is a big movement of blacks leaving the democratic and liberal ideology, but like I said, it's not being covered anywhere. You'll see in 2020. It'll be more of the same.

And it's not because of the economy, or the jobs, or the GDP, or the unemployment rate, etc., it's because of the education of our 'true' history and the deceitfulness and poor journalism of the mainstream liberal media. The economy and all that other stuff is just extra.

Lol, what's funny? What evidence do you have that he doesn't?

Again, what evidence do you have of this?

Tell the whole story. Why did he say it? What was the context?

Actually what he said was that if they hate the country as much as they always convey then they can leave. He never said anything about going back to their "countries."

I understand you are a liberal and that's not at all a problem with me, but if you are going to try and claim something as racist, you might want to present everything that was stated and why, because the context in which he said was not at all racist. Everything is not about race.[/QUOTE]

6. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

-lol @ saying they cover trump in an unbiased way. come on now.
    -got a source for those numbers? you say its not being covered anywhere yet you're presenting me with all these numbers. let's see a source
    -if trump had everyone in mind he would not surround himself with people who have openly condemned minorities, homosexuals, etc.
    -the tweet he wrote is pretty clear. are you seriously denying he called on them to go back to their countries? let me guess, fake news? "originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe." he then goes on to say in the next tweet "why don't they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came." let's see how you try and spin this. you say the "context was not racist." and what exactly what was the context?

the majority of those women he called out were born in america. but in his eyes someone with a middle eastern sounding name simply cannot be american. so naturally he assumed they were from somewhere else

Lakeshow85 likes this.
  7. Kentucky Laker

Kentucky Laker - Rookie -

I'm far from a Trump fan, in fact I am the opposite. Regardless of his politics, I just think he's a despicable human. However, I am with those who say he will win again in 2020. The left is just too batsh*t crazy these days and that's coming from a lifetime Democrat. In fact, I'm considering switching to independent because of it. Never thought I would say that.

Lakerman JSJ and Lakeshow85 like this.
  8. Lakeshow85

Lakeshow85 - Rookie -

What I actually wrote was "they somewhat cover Trump in an unbiased way at times", Not sure why you left that out. But I should take up being a comedian, I seem to be killing you. :D;)

I got the numbers from the https://www.pewresearch.org/ Polls are inaccurate and bias, but sometimes it's all you have. :sick:

This is your evidence of him not being for everyone? Gotta try to do better than that. ;)

You know, you're right. I didn't read the tweet, I saw the press conference at the rose garden and didn't even know there was a tweet. I read it this morning. Now I cannot speak for what he meant and I am not going to try, but I can speak for what I read and how I took it. The way I took it was he said go back to your country and fix it and then come back and show us how it's done. He said it facetiously and was condescending. It's not all racist. Racism is a mindset. The truth is racists put racist meanings to words, so everyone may want to look in the mirror.

Is this false?

Minus the part about where they came, is the rest of that statement false?

That is correct. Only Ilhan was actually born outside of the US. Actually it would have been better if he said go back to the state they came from and fix it and then come back and show us all how it's done, then it would have made more sense. I believe the sentiments still ring true. The point here is instead of constantly echoing how bad our country is and lying about what's happening on the border and fighting tooth and nail to oppose everything the President does and says, get things done instead of all this rhetoric.

I forgot that I don't care about all this rhetoric so I'm gonna pull myself out of the conversation now.

9. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

-can you give me a direct link to your source? i tried searching "blacks/hispanics/etc voting for trump" and found nothing
    -yes. you don't "have everyone in mind" and then associate with people who counteract that. would a POTUS/administration who "had everyone in mind" make it more difficult for LGBT people to access healthcare? doesn't sound right to me
    -you said "The way I took it was he said go back to your country and fix it and then come back and show us how it's done." again, 3 of these 4 women were born in the US. so telling them to "go back to your country" is racist in any context because he assumed that just because of their appearance/name that they could not be american. so yes, it is false because 3 of the 4 originally came from the US
    -again yes, the statement is false because the majority of these women are from america. keep trying to spin it in any way you want, must be tiring
    -sure, he could have said go back to your state and the tweet would have actually made sense and not have been racist. that would've been funny considering trump is from the same borough AOC represents.

so how can "the sentiments" still ring true given that the statement is completely false?

Lakeshow85 likes this.
  10. Somalipirate

Somalipirate - Rookie -

hijacking cargo ships in the Indian Ocean
  11. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    Racist: That word doesn't mean what democrats think it means.

revgen, Lakerman JSJ and Lakeshow85 like this.
  12. Lakeshow85

Lakeshow85 - Rookie -

Give me sometime and I'll get it for you. ;)

That's unfortunate, but that is why government being involved in so much of our lives is not a good thing, especially healthcare. Someone will always be left out.

You missed it and I apologize for not clarifying, my question was, was the statement "countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe" false. These countries are bad. Same thing with the statement "totally broken and crime infested places" These countries are in fact bad countries. I've already admitted that the statement is false, but it's not racist. Again if you think it's racist then it's racist to you and others who think the same way. For others who think differently, it is just as "not racist" as you think it is racist.

The purpose of the tweet was not to be racist but to tell the congresswomen to shut up and do something other than complain. Trump retaliated as he has always done to everyone who he thinks is attacking him, white, black, hispanic, etc., doesn't matter

John3:16 likes this.
  13. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

But that's the whole point of it. Just because Trump and whoever else doesn't believe it's racist, doesn't mean it isn't. That's. Called. Privilege.

The whole point of the issue is not the purpose of his tweet, the words he used and the connotations behind the words he used. "Go back to your country" will FOREVER be linked to a racist gesture. If you don't believe that, then you're privileged enough to not have to experienced those words. It doesn't matter how you put it, it means what it means.

Republicans will turn to calling out being over PC or sensitive when issues like this arise, but a majority of the time it's their privilege that shields them from ever having to go through they consider as "free speech". I shouldn't have to explain privilege means, but it's an inherent prerogative that can't be learned unless it's experienced or having to be explained what it is.

432J likes this.
  14. Lakeshow85

Lakeshow85 - Rookie -

Yes it does actually. Both racism and privilege are mental.

Words have meaning when people put meaning to them.

15. lakerfan2

You managed to actually say nothing in a longer sentence.

16. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

damn you are really trying hard to spin this but its just not gonna work. here's the thing, why are we even talking about "other countries" in the first place? i thought there's major issues that need to be addressed in the US? i mean, isn't america first one of trump's slogans? the only reason we're even talking about "other countries" is because trump assumed those women were from other countries due to their names and appearances. telling someone to "go back where they came from" is racist in any context, especially when the people in question are from america in the first place.

doesn't matter what the purpose of the tweet was. it doesn't change what he said. and why does he have to retaliate? i mean, yeah the guy is extremely sensitive and can't handle when people are mean to him but being criticized comes with being POTUS. when did obama ever "retaliate" against those who criticized him? and boy did he get criticism from the right for the absolute dumbest things (putting dijon mustard on a burger, wearing a tan suit, etc) i don't remember any POTUS ever being such a "snowflake" as you magas like to say

17. Lakeshow85

Lakeshow85 - Rookie -

Compared to what?

18. Lakeshow85

Lakeshow85 - Rookie -

Spin what? It's not racist. I think you are trying to spin it in that way.

Well you brought up the tweet, so you should ask yourself. ;)

Criticism does come with being the president. That's not an issue at all. Being labeled a racist, sexist, xenophobe, homophobe, is not criticism, especially when it's based off of words. Again accusations is not criticism.

Oh and here's the link: https://www.people-press.org/2018/0...he-2016-electorate-based-on-validated-voters/

19. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

when you tell someone to "go back where they came from" its racist. and its even worse when the people are originally from america

and trump is labeled all those things because he has acted and said things in accordance with those labels. also, nowhere in that article does it mention anything about the 2020 election

20. lakerfan2

I’m not going to spend any further time trying to explain it for you. If you can’t discern the difference between racism and privilege then it’s already beyond comprehension for you. It’s inherently the definition of privilege. It completely blows my mind how simple a concept it is so misunderstood.

This is America, exemplified.

432J likes this.