President Trump

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion and Philosophy -(FORUM CLOSED)-' started by TIME, Jan 20, 2017.

1. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I honestly have no idea what integrity you see left in this system. This was the same system that manipulated Sanders out of a chance to run when he was the elected official. This is the system that gridlocked and continues to gridlock for 12 years, forcing controversial issues through instead of listening to the people and making rational, logical, and well thought out decisions that are best for everyone in our nation.

You dont have to like Trump to think he's doing SOME things well. He's a crass, sadistic, a** but in this there's a definite double standard.

revgen and John3:16 like this.
  2. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    You may have been just as angry when Obama and Kerry negotiated with Iran, but I don't remember. Did you look a little deeper at that deal? How many pallets of money did we give again? Or the deal to get a deserter back and we gave 4 high ranking Taliban.

Which was worse?

revgen likes this.
  3. Jaguar

Jaguar - Lakers 6th Man -

I agree, but the gridlock is from congress, those are elected officials. Enough of their constituents were obviously fine with it because they didn’t change out their reps. Hillary Dems screwing over Sanders is a problem as much as any other. But then Sanders was not necessarily a Dem, so that’s a power negotiation situation between Dems and Independents. Wasn’t fair, but power usually isn’t. A battle is required and you have to stay engaged for that to happen. As I’ve mentioned, it is on the voting public, their apathy, their lack of knowledge. Even with that view, admittedly a power grab behind closed doors is hard for the public to control. But McConnell and Ryan have had a long run over this gridlocked era. Why are they still there?

Tear down the system and what is the alternative? Improve what you have.

Regarding Trump, he has disrespected the office enough to where I don’t care what good he does at this point. Maybe for many others it doesn’t matter because the unemployment rate is lower or the S&P is at a record high. If someone can’t see the danger in that guy then I guess there are no longer any standards for the holder of that office. Do You have standards for your kids, or is it where if they bring home straight A’s they can do whatever they want, when they want, how they want? He is a Manchurian President if ever there were one, and you can argue that all representatives are to some degree. But he is a walking, breathing scandal. To point to a few good things still would not justify that he should stay in office. I’m glad he pardoned Jack Johnson to clear up that travesty of justice by those bigots, but does that mean I ignore the rest of what he is? Of course not. This is not quid pro quo, even though he would like it to be. But my concern is less about him than it is about the integrity of the office. Trump won’t be around longer than two terms, though he has suggested he should remain longer. Yet another swipe at our system. I guess that’s not worthy of complaining about either.

Where’s the double standard?

4. Jaguar

Trump is worse than Obama. I’m fine making that statement. Match up the scandals, match up the behavior, no comparison.

As implied in my response to that meme, I’m not going to argue one deal versus another and use the results to try and say both presidents are equally complicit. That is a false equivalent easily. Every president, politician will do something that is not agreeable. None of us know the true situation of what is going on behind the scenes and who is being hooked up. That’s the chess game though no? So what is the point of focusing on comparing one deal, what are you trying to prove by that?

5. John3:16

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    Like I said, you may have been upset at Obama Iran / Taliban deals, but I don't remember. If you weren't, it reeks of hypocrisy. That's why I brought it up.

Trump is not a good president (IMO), but when he entered office I said the economy would be great under him. Sadly for liberals, most vote with their wallet, so he has a great chance of being reelected. I don't see anyone on the Left that can beat him right now. The Dem Party has made it impossible for Bernie to run as a Dem next time, so he's out. SOmeone with a plan other than obstruct.

revgen likes this.
  6. Jaguar

Oh ok. I was not ok with that Iran deal for the similar reasoning that I am not ok with the NK deal. But I wasn’t touting it on here either. If you are making a partisan comment, let me say now that I am not a registered Dem or Rep. I don’t care to be aligned with either in that way. My comments are intended to apply to the office itself. How the parties perform within it is on them, though I don’t see trump in the same light as I saw Obama. I’m not going to play the both sides are equally to blame game, libs vs. cons and all that stuff. But I do have a fundamental problem with Trump and what he represents that I didn’t have with Obama.

7. revgen

revgen - Lakers 6th Man -

When Obama decided to assassinate an innocent 16 year old American citizen and his friends at a campfire, it would have been a scandal if the mainstream media covered it like they should have.

Had the BP oil spill happened under Trump's watch, the mainstream media would have skewered him. Obama sat on his hands for days doing absolutely nothing, and the mainstream media hardly said a word.

John3:16 likes this.
  8. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

The double standard is the way Trump is covered. I can't use Twitter much anymore because it's a festering, disgusting glass bowl of people shouting about Trump with a few Trump trolls mixed in.

I don't disagree the public is disengaged, but that doesn't excuse what the current parties have done. If you're willing to hate Trump, I hope you're willing to tear the whole thing down. He is the embodiment of where we are politically as a country. It's a putrid pile of self righteous bigots who hold themselves above the rest of us and they can't be voted out of office because they make the rules.

Let me put it this way: do you have any faith at all Jerry Brown for California? I've met maybe one person in my entire life that liked and voted his ideals. Literally every other Californian I've ever met hated that man and the way he dug our state into a pit of despair. How does he stay in office? Because the system is rigged against us. These people get in, make the rules, and then use their media connections to manipulate you (the public) into thinking they're great. It happens on both sides all over the place.

70% of Americans are moderate, but we only vote the extremes. Does that make sense? Burn it down. Trump, the Clintons, the Obamas, the Bushes, everyone. Tear it down.

KareemtheGreat33, John3:16 and revgen like this.
  9. Jaguar

Jerry Brown? No. Arnold Schwarzenegger? No.

10. Jaguar

Sorry, but don't act as if Obama wasn't under scrutiny 24/7. Fox News feasted off of him. They are mainstream media too.

11. revgen

I don't remember Fox News ever constantly roasting him for murdering the 16 year old or the BP oil spill at the time they happened. I do recall Fox going after him when he issued the press conference many days after the spill occured.

I'd be glad to be proven wrong.

John3:16 likes this.
  12. Jaguar

Don't know about that. Maybe Fox should have tried harder, or are you saying they were too ethical to do so?

13. revgen

I suspect it has less to do with ethics and more to do with politics. Fox supports the "War on Terror" and tends to support GOP positions, which includes support for oil companies.

14. Jaguar

And that's nasty how politics works; like an oil spill. The interests behind the story are not always black and white. It's a chess game.

revgen likes this.
  15. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    OT: Any of you guys watch the Rubin Report? Or maybe Joe Rogan. Liberal leaning interviewers on youtube who mostly speak on both sides.

16. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

Love Joe Rogan. I'm not sure I'd call him liberal. Maybe on some social issues. He's just more common sense than anything else.

therealdeal and John3:16 like this.
  17. revgen

LINK

18. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
  19. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

I don't understand why the media is brought up so often when it comes to politics.

We all know media companies contribute to their respective parties and are pretty much forced to write about what they are told to. There's a reason why most "mainstream" media focus on a story and a particular president, so why continue to follow it and continue to blame the media for not covering one president as much as another?

Because it has to be fair? The reason why I see Trump as being scrutinized more than any other president, "biased media" aside, is because he puts it all out there and doesn't care. The more he writes about himself, the more he himself "blames the media", the more exposure he gets, the more reason for his name to be put in historical context, the more MONEY HE MAKES. Politicians live off of this stuff. He wants the negative coverage so he can use it as ammunition for his next outburst so he can push another agenda.

Then everyone else goes running around screaming "the media this and the media that", when we all damn well know they're all the same, garbage.

Every move made by any president is a move that coincides with how much influence they can get, and it all revolves around money, taxes, big corporations and the 1%.

While everyone is spinning their wheels with gun control, immigration, healthcare, and other social issues, those guys are all reaping the benefits of whatever obscure loophole they just passed through congress to keep them from having to pay their share of taxes and further their wealth. They don't care about social issues, that's why nothing ever gets done, there's no money in it for them if they change anything.

20. John3:16

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    Screenshot_20180626-181722_Facebook.jpg

revgen likes this.