Paul George Discussion

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by therealdeal, Feb 23, 2017.

1. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Did that different team also get a couple of tampering complaints and fine thrown their way?

There are "sources" both saying hes staying in OKC and leaving for LA. So who knows but I'm like 85% sure hes coming.

Weezy and therealdeal like this.
  2. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Exactly.

Believe what you want, that's the fun (and stupidity) of this part of the season.

What's more likely? He really, really wants to be in Oklahoma? Or there's 15000 journalists at home who need clicks before the draft?

Big Mamma Jamma likes this.
  3. D-Fish Man

D-Fish Man - Lakers 6th Man -

Dude are you kidding?

Just off the top of my head, here goes: 1) so many great looks from Melo's phenomenal ball movement; 2) everyone's usage rate soars when Westbrook is on the court; 3) becoming a part of the Thunder legacy (unless Paul George is intimidated by all the legends who have made their names there); and 4) Oklahoma City's miles and miles of coastline and renowned international cuisine.

Juronimo, tada, sirronstuff and 10 others like this.
  4. jordan-esque

jordan-esque - Rookie -

http://dailythunder.com/headlines/marc-stein-paul-george-returning-to-thunder-becoming-more-likely/

PG may consider two-year deal with OKC?

Marc Stein:

“Thunder’s better-than-expected chances of retaining the All-Star forward Paul George in free agency, I’ve heard even more support around the league for the idea that Oklahoma City can really convince George to stay.”

“No deal is done until it’s done, as they say, so there will be no tangible relief in O.K.C. until George officially spurns his hometown Los Angeles Lakers this summer to stay put alongside Russell Westbrook. Kevin Durant’s departure in 2016 is still too fresh — as is George’s well-chronicled interest to play in L.A. — for any premature celebrations.”

It has reached the point that potential contract scenarios are starting to circulate. More than one rival team has suggested to me that they expect George to strongly consider a two-year deal with the Thunder at $30.3 million next season and $32.7 million in 2019-20 that includes a player option to return to free agency next summer.

Weezy likes this.
  5. Lakerman JSJ

Lakerman JSJ Moderator Staff Member

Sorry if already posted...

According to ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith, George and his family may be viewing free agency from different scopes:

“Folks are not so sure Paul George is coming to L.A. From what I’m being told, Sam Presti and the Oklahoma City Thunder are going to back up the Brinks truck for Paul George. They’re going to offer him the max (contract). Because they’re going to offer him the max, combined with the fact that Russell Westbrook shows him a lot of love and they seem to get along pretty well, and they’ve got a future together, Paul George is a sentimental type. And as a result, it’s going to be hard for him to pull away from that relationship with Russell Westbrook. Here’s the problem: the wife would rather be in L.A. Paul George’s parents, from what I’m told, would rather him be in L.A.

https://www.lakersnation.com/nba-fr...ther-him-sign-lakers-than-thunder/2018/06/19/

Seems plausible even though I'm not always so high on Screamin' A's reporting.

6. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

I genuinely have no idea what he’s going to do. I do think it is absolutely only between us and OKC though, so I hope we have a good pitch ready.

7. SFGOLDRUSHER

SFGOLDRUSHER - Lakers Starter -

Master Optimist.
    This s*** is starting to get old lol.

You know what this sounds like.... PG doesn't wanna be the second person to break Westbrook's and OKC fans' heart again,so he's kinda buying some time until the official start of FA.

No f***ing way he ends up staying at the end of the day. Hearing things like westbrook has love for him sounds silly, like oh really other all stars or players yet alone the city where he's from can't show him even more love or happyness? I mean cmon.

8. jordan-esque

jordan-esque - Rookie -

Amen. Besides, Josh Hart :h: PG more than Westbrook does.

Cookie, JohnnyComeLately2k6 and Weezy like this.
  9. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

So Stein is finally bringing some girth to that post-op pic of George in a hospital gown fluff piece he wrote prior....

What I'm getting from this report is that George is down to enter free agency again next summer ('19). So are we heading for an opt in of his 20.7M option...followed by a trade...followed by a re-up to a lucrative deal in '19 using his bird rights?

Gotta give it up to "Rival teams" aka Magic/Pelinka for floating this around to avoid that tampering case haha.

10. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

[​IMG]

:Laugh:

sirronstuff and Cookie like this.
  11. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    [​IMG]

12. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.

[​IMG]

13. jordan-esque

jordan-esque - Rookie -

BROUSSARD SAUCES!!!

@3:45

“There are a lot of people who know Paul George here (in LA) and they all insist he’s going to be a Laker.”

14. SFGOLDRUSHER

SFGOLDRUSHER - Lakers Starter -

Master Optimist.
  15. PGinLA

PGinLA - Rookie -

Cost Control Analyst
    355 days done. 12 more days to go.

Sent from my E6533 using Tapatalk

16. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
  17. Jaguar

Jaguar - Lakers 6th Man -

Now that Kawhi is in play I’m less concerned with whether we get PG. If he wants to choose OKC over the Lakers then that is something I would feel better about him doing because both options are definitely different enough to be a choice. I don’t see how you wouldn’t want to be in the entertainment capital, but he obviously would have a reason like the extra money he would get in OKC, which is a very legit consideration.

18. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

I don't think anyone except PG knows, Weezy. It's all just talk talk.

19. D-Fish Man

D-Fish Man - Lakers 6th Man -

In many ways this is the perfect test for both Magic and LeBron.

Magic has said over and over again that he loves being the guy in the room, making the pitch. And when he came on board last year, he made clear that that's why he's here. To be the guy in the room, sealing the deal with valued free agents. He even named-dropped Paul George. So... okay. Let's see what you got Magic. Do what you've done your ENTIRE LIFE, and once again, back up the talk. Fortunately, I have more belief in Magic Johnson than I do anyone else walking this Earth. But this is an important test.

As for LeBron, he's made clear that when he comes to a team, he wants to be a quasi-GM. Didn't work out so well for him the last couple years in CLE, so now he has a shot proving all the doubters wrong. You wanna come to the Lakers and act like some big-swinging d@$% in our front office? Then you get us Paul George. That's your assignment. And if not him, Kawhi. On you big boy.

20. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

But the question becomes "Is Mystery Injury Kawhi better than PG, Kuzma and Ingam combined?" If given the choice between Lebron, a questionably healthy Kawhi, Ball and Hart with rentals filling in, or I can have Lebron, PG Ingram, Kuz, Hart, and Ball, I take the latter.