Official Whine, Moan, Complain Thread 19/20-CLOSED "WE CHAMPS!"

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by puffyusaf#2, Jul 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CarolinaLakerFan

CarolinaLakerFan - Lakers 6th Man -

Well, everyone clamoring for Hart to start got their wish.

D-Fish Man and sirronstuff like this.
  2. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

Crap :(
    OKC lost, Den lost, we had a chance to close the gap.

3. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    if a team is smart enough to pack the paint, and Bron's 3 ball isn't falling, his skill set is very limited when it comes to taking over a game. Doesn't have a consistent midrange.

• Slams
    • Layups
    • 3's
    • Rebounds
    • Assists
    Feels a bit like when we played Orlando and shut down Dwight with length and smart D. We'll get to the playoffs, but unless we develop a closer with a more diverse offensive arsenal, we're going to be disappointed like in this game.

That's not hate, just reality. We're spoiled having had Kobe who could literally make a basket from anywhere on the court, albeit less efficiently.

alam1108, Lakeshow85 and ZenMaster like this.
  4. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Nah..we just need a 2nd star to emerge or come here via free agency/trade and we need someone to embrace the supersub role (our bench was outscored 26-54 tonight).

Also the refs were at it again...we shot 9 more times than they did (100 vs 91), but shot 12 less free throws (21 vs 33). DeMar had 18 attempts from there tonight...3 whole attempts less than we did as a team.

Only 21 free throw attempts for a team and a star that crashes the paint and doesn't play much from mid-range/elbow....sure makes alot of sense to me.

We lead the league in FG attempts within 5 ft of the rim, yet we're 20th in fouls drawn...

They whistlin dixie down in Texas, but apparently not for us....and that's the reality. We were hated on.

Lakeshow85 likes this.
  5. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

I've said the exact said thing in the game day a couple of games back, where his 1-on-1 game is atrocious for such a great player, and got ridiculed...

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  6. vasashi17

So Zen and sirron think a high percentage shot like a slamdunk/layup should be scrapped for a lower percentage mid range jumper. Sure worked out for DeMar in the playoffs so far.

Is this reality?

[​IMG]

Nah it's the inturdnet, so keep posting that good s*** fellas.

Btw, Bron's career shot chart says hi(gh)...and maybe y'all should sober up some, cause there's plenty mid range attempts in that sumab****:

[​IMG]

Juronimo likes this.
  7. ZenMaster

ZenMaster - Lakers All Star -

You are a master of spins. Pretending like you don't understand the point .

I won't bait. @sirronstuff all yours.

alam1108, Lakeshow85 and sirronstuff like this.
  8. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

We should have won this by 8-10. We stopped playing D and it has nothing to do with Bron (who BTW got fouled multiple times and got no calls).

9. shoe

shoe - Rookie -

And how many times did Kobe shoot us out of games by shooting long contested 2's?

Games like this happen over the course of a season.

10. vasashi17

Wait...Did the @ZenMaster just call me a master of something? Momma, I made it!

Also you said you won't bait...but I certainly will...can I be master at that too?

So in recent days I've been called a backpedaler and now a spinmaster....I know I've put on some holiday weight recently, but damn y'all are brutal.

I guess I'll be on my way douchbags...

[​IMG]

Btw the only thing spinning is when you & sirron concoct another LABron post...

[​IMG]

This is your brain...this is your brain on hate...

TIME likes this.
  11. sirronstuff

12. sirronstuff

what's the point really. I'd like to see that shot chart for this year though. I think it's more than fair to see his game is easily exposed if you have the right matchup.

But he doesn't seem to utilize the midrange as part of his arsenal very often. He faces up, tries to go downhill, runs the fast break, and is taking some ridiculously long 3's. And all while shooting over 50%.

It's not bad at all, but with the right coach, the limitations of our team will be exposed in the playoffs unless we develop a closer. What he does well, he does very well, but it's not bad to recognize the limits of someone's game. Kobe had them too, and we all called him out for that.

Lebron himself said he won't play great every game. In this case, he had a nice first half, and then the opposition made some adjustments, or he got cold, or a bit of both.

13. sirronstuff

His spin move is a nice addition.

The dude is a tank, but he doesn't look very nimble/agile in the paint. He's either going to freak you out coming at you like a train and get a decent shot off, bowl over you, or draw contact and try to finish through it. And if it doesn't work out, complain about it. Every. Single. Time.

The step back 3 is a nice addition, but I see these adjustments as realization that his athleticism is fading, and he's adjusting his game to compensate. Nothing wrong with that. But seriously, there has been very little in between a layup and a three besides the occasional fadeaway baseline jumper. it's great because they are efficient shots for him overall, but it can be exposed. He needs another shot creator next to him ala Wade or Irving.

That part I don't care for, but for the benefit of the team, he also needs to watch how much punishment he's taking. It definitely took a toll on Shaq in the paint. Lebron is high mileage. He's human. He can break down. Some teams will attempt to abuse him down low, so it's nice to have other go to shots when you need to adjust. I'm not seeing those this year.

Seriously, how many times have you been disappointed that he just heaves a contested 3 vs try to drive and make something happen?

TIME and Lakeshow85 like this.
  14. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Honestly, his skill set being very "limited" (w/o your qualifier) has not come to mind watching him daily for the first time. I've felt the opposite that he has and is still adding to his game.

Kobe shrug.

Juronimo and wcsoldier81 like this.
  15. karacha

karacha Moderator Staff Member

Sirron is 100% right about this: he does need another shot creator next to him.

16. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Not at all saying that wouldn't help. Of course. Kuz getting there and why I think they are having BI go ISO so often.

17. vasashi17

Wow, Sirron coming with some substance.

See dawg, when you go TL;DR your posts actually got some bite to 'em.

And for that I'll serve you up a treat:

FA2BDE25-462B-412A-879A-E0D0B5708630.jpeg

Btw, I actually agree with you bro. Bron needs to get in his bag for some more tricks.

502 total shot attempts so far:
    257 in the painted area
    149 from 3

Leaving 96 shot attempts from mid-range....and dude needs to get into the post more often (2 post ups per game...for reference, Aldridge leads the league with 11.9 post ups per game).

Like any player, Bron has deficiencies...but I ain't worried till teams legit shut him down in the playoffs....and so far 8 straight Finals appearances...and he got numbers doing it...so next man up.

sirronstuff, Kenzo and Lakeshow85 like this.
  18. Lakeshow85

Lakeshow85 - Rookie -

TL;DR I’d like for Lebron to start becoming more clutch defensively in the 4th and not off-ball, on-ball.

To me it seems as though Lebron has a number or numbers in his head that he wants to reach and when he reaches it or them he stops playing. I’ve seen him get a triple double and stop playing defense, stop trying to take over the game. I’ve seen him score 40 or even 50 and stop playing the game or keep playing the game in a blowout to pad those stats, I’ve seen this and thought this his whole career and I’ve followed and watched him since high school. He is a great player, an all-time great, and will go down in the top 10 all-time, but to me he does not and has not ever had that dog. At times he gets it but you have to make him mad. For the most part he just likes playing basketball, having fun, and I believe he does like to win, but not sure if that is the thing that keeps him up at night. He ain’t that dog of the 80s and the 90s and that’s okay, that’s not hate, that’s the truth. This is a new era of basketball so it doesn’t really matter now.

But what I would like for Lebron to start doing is taking it on himself to guard the other teams best or hottest player. Like,
    “okay this dude ain’t scoring no more” and go out and do it, instead he just stands around and lets everyone else guard the best/hottest player. This isn’t a comparison to anyone else besides Lebron. I understand he is older and he may have lost a step, but I have seen him plenty times this year, get into that doggish defensive position and play great 1 on 1 defense, so he has it in him.

There’s no reason why he wasn’t guarding Derozan in the 4th. You are 6’9, 250lbs and you’re strong. Why wasn’t he shutting him down. It wasn’t like he was doing anything on the other end, so he should’ve had more than enough energy to shut Demidrange down. There’s really no excuse anyone can make for why this was. I said it before and I’ll say it again I would rather Lebron take some energy off of the offensive side for a moment and put that effort into defense especially when a star/superstar is going off.

Being clutch isn’t just taking the shot, it’s about doing whatever it is to close out the game.

Now yesterday was a stupid game because of the refs and it took us out of our defensive rhythm and position imo, so yesterday was different. I wasn’t even mad at Lebron yesterday, he like the rest of our team stopped playing defense and couldn’t get a break, but psychologically I believe it was because of the refs, it’s no excuse, but it is what it is.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  19. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Showtime!

@sirronstuff any use with Luke there at the end?

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  20. sirronstuff

this one?

[​IMG] :Lukewaltonlook:

so moody

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.