Official: Unsubstantiated Trade Suggestions, Speculation, And Rumors

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by Barnstable, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

we should all know by now what Mitch is really saying "Nothing gona happen"........the best trade mitch has done in the last 3-4 yrs was Lin trade and that fell in his lap because Mitch accepted the absolute minimum, I have a feeling mitch/jim actually had high hopes when they got Lin more so than the 1st rd pick. Most thought it would take 2 picks because of Hou desperation to free up enough money for Bosh.

2. trodgers

trodgers Administrator Staff Member

Professor of Humanities
    Just saying that this trade works, too:

(Lou for first and Sessions, suppose):

1st + Clarkson + Randle + Deng

for

Gay and Cousins

3. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

I'd allow it ^

I think we won't hear much about trades until after the weekend festivities.

Battle Tested20 and trodgers like this.
  4. trodgers

Professor of Humanities
    Yeah; things are heating up a little bit, but no one's going to trade for a guy who's about to play in the ASG.

5. LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life - Rookie -

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/...old-teams-he-might-bolt-to-lakers-free-agency

DeMarcus did say he was a big Laker fan. He wants to sign with his favorite team just like Isaiah Thomas did. I hope the Pelicans will suck this year and next year. :D

sirronstuff, trodgers and Barnstable like this.
  6. KB24

KB24 Administrator Staff Member

Certified Tax Advisor
    Yes but the amazingly stupid signing of Mozgov and Deng will be haunting the Lakers.

Signing absolute dead weight just to some someone...horrible.

Khmrp, Cookie and sirronstuff like this.
  7. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    The 2019 plan LMBO

[​IMG]

8. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    Brilliant Kupchak move, tie the cap space up and trade future draft picks to free up money and sign a major FA.

sirronstuff and trodgers like this.
  9. KRL

KRL - Lakers 6th Man -

Sam Amick talking about PG13 again... I can wait til 2018 and not lose assets!

trodgers likes this.
  10. KRL

KRL - Lakers 6th Man -

Crazy question but would some of you be okay if trading DLo or Randle can help us unload Deng or Mozgov?

11. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

Jc yes but not those 2

12. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

Depends. If we keep our pick and draft in the top 2? Yes. I would give up both JC AND Randle to unload Deng, but not Mozgov. The reason being is Clarkson is not a starter in this league. He's a really good 6th man on a nice contract, but not a starter. Randle will be due for his first extension the summer we might be able to sign PG13. We also have Nance who I honestly like better as a player overall. We could have a starting 5 of Ball/Russell/Ingram/Nance/Mozgov and enough room to possibly sign George and someone else.

13. KRL

KRL - Lakers 6th Man -

Good point. I really hope we get lucky in the draft to land Ball. He's a definite game changer for us.

George would be nice because he's versatile enough to play 2/3 and handle the ball. Maybe DLo becomes a super sub at that point.

14. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

No I would not. I'm not dumping positive assets just to get rid of bad ones. I didn't spend 4 years in this hell to get these draft picks just to dump them for some bad contracts.

15. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

16. Savory Griddles

But honestly, what are you giving up? Clarkson is a somewhat positive asset, but Randle? I mean, Randle is going into a contract year essentially. We have to make the decision next offseason of what we're going to do with him. Has Randle shown enough to warrant the contract he'd probably get? We're going to be in a similar situation to the Sixers with Noel. The reason they gave him up for a bag of peanuts is cause he had shown flashes, but not enough to warrant the contract they'd have to likely match to retain him.

Like I said, we'd have to get the #1 or #2 pick. But we'd have two guards, both with way more upside than Clarkson, and Nance is arguably better than Randle. Getting rid of Deng is no small thing. If we got all expirings back, Clarkson + Randle + Deng is a full max opening. I know it's a hard pill to swallow, but we'd still have all our best assets from the last few years of suckage AND room to improve ourselves with a player or players to seal the deal on George.

17. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Nope. I'd rather pay the bill and deal with it later. Randle's value isn't going to greatly diminish over time. If you want to trade him to bring in an asset I'm interested. I'm not dumping him just because Mitch and Jim gave 4 year deals to 98 year old Deng and backup Mozgov.

18. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    hopefully the cap explodes and these albatross deals won't matter and we can sign PG and Cuz with no problem

Cookie likes this.
  19. trodgers

Professor of Humanities
    Not for DAR.

20. Savory Griddles

Teams dump decent players to clear up cap space. We did it for Shaq. Peeler and Lynch weren't bad and we gave them away to make room for the Diesel before we even had any sort of promises from him. I do think Randle's value will decrease next season as it progresses if he doesn't make a huge leap forward. These 13/10 games with zero defense at his age are enough to trick some team into thinking they can make him something great and he'll probably be offered a big deal. Are the Lakers willing to match? How much will you be willing to give Randle? Based on his current production and trajectory, I don't see him deserving more than 10 million. Some team is going to offer Noel a big deal. Sixers weren't going to match. Everyone knew they wouldn't match so they lost their leverage. If George makes it know he's coming here, teams will probably know we aren't going to try to retain Randle. Too many forwards. If we can unload him, Clarkson and Deng for expirings, Randle wasn't "wasted." It does suck to dump him to make up for the sins of Mitch and Jim, but just because they're gone doesn't mean their sins are.

Look, I don't WANT to dump Randle and Clarkson to get rid of Deng, but if I can go into the summer of 2018 when George is a free agent with only 39 million on the books, and Ball, Russell, Ingram, Nance and Zu with Mozgov being our only dead weight...that's enough to sign two max deals and maybe a real solid role player. Like I said, I only do it if we keep the pick and use it to draft a guard. Because at that point we start to have too many young "assets" at the same positions.

LTLakerFan and sirronstuff like this.