Noooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Barnstable, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

They're smart though. They will often pretend to be injured or pretend to be it's friend, and then lure a dog into an ambush with the coyote's pack.

gcclaker likes this.
  2. Punk-101

Punk-101 - Lakers Starter -

My brother in law was walking his small dog on a busy neighborhood street in his residential area and a coyote jumped out of some bushes in someone's front yard and snatched the dog right off the leash and was gone with the dog crying for its life in the coyotes jaws in a split second.

3. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

This one time on the way down a trail, me and my hiking buddy saw two, and when we got a little farther down we saw one in front of us, looked back and the other was behind us. We pretty much ran the rest of the way.

4. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

On one of the Animal Planet specials, one frantic lady was on the phone with 911. She had four following her to her car. It was a tense exchange...the caller was totally freaking out. Two more showed up in front trying to cut her off. Six all in all... Crazy.

sirronstuff likes this.
  5. gcclaker

Well...the cats are starting to have their territories encroached upon by man so they have nowhere to go. Sensible of authorities to post these as they should. They have attacked bikers and joggers on trails. Reports of one even has gone to a local Cali zoo nabbing a koala.

therealdeal likes this.
  6. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Yep. I forget what it was called... It had a name tag. I believe it was taken out and relocated.

What's crazy is that the Koala pen is deep in the zoo... That lion crept through half the zoo to get to the koalas.

7. Barnstable

It's illegal to kill a mountain lion in California, so the Mountain lion population is crazy out of control, and you can't find many deer anymore out there.

8. therealdeal

That's a good point I haven't seen a deer in maybe 10 years...

9. gcclaker

Neither have I...there are signs for them so that drivers are aware on the road.

10. thkthebest

thkthebest Administrator Staff Member

I live in the mountains, and I see deers fairly often.

Once when I was heading home, I was driving up the mountain at night. A friggin deer came out of nowhere from the side of the mountain and before I could react, he/she rammed (or ran into) the side of my car.

11. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    My first time driving from around San Antonio to West Texas, I counted no fewer than 25 deer they were hit on the side of the road. Totally blew me away.

Make sure understand why some of those trucks have those big a** grills on them

thkthebest likes this.
  12. therealdeal

Where at? My parents live in La Crescenta and I visit them a lot. There used to be deer there when I was younger, but I haven't seen one in 10 years probably. Maybe once in Descanso Gardens, but that's it. Lots of coyotes though...

thkthebest likes this.
  13. thkthebest

thkthebest Administrator Staff Member

I used to live right next to Descanso Gardens / up Chevy Chase. That's where the deer hit my car! Haha

14. therealdeal

Well there ya go. :D

That makes a little sense. I used to see deer all the time in those hills behind the hospital going south on the 2 freeway, but I haven't seen one in forever. I definitely haven't seen one in La Crescenta in a long time, but the coyotes have been picking off more and more cats the last few years.

My buddy who lives in Monrovia saw a black bear a year or two ago just walking down his street so that was kind of cool.

Barnstable likes this.
  15. gcclaker

So Animal Planet had a special last night about Australia being a dangerous place... Here are their most lethal animals

Kangaroo...can hit with its arms and hind legs. The MMA of the Animal Kingdom. Likes to nail people and drown dogs.
    Box Jellyfish...no brain, no mouth, tentacles equipped with like millions of minute hypodermic needles with crazy venom that has no counter.
    Blue Ringed Octopus...harmless until you touch it. Paralysis and heart failure induced by its venom.
    Dingo...wild dogs hunt in packs not afraid of anyone or anything. Bigger fangs than a wolf.
    Eastern Brown Snake...can kill an adult human being in two minutes. Not shy at all...actually investigates anything regardless of size.
    Cassowary...three toed bird looks like an emu. One toe has a nail built like a dagger.
    Funnel Web Spider...mean little bugger that attacks people and venomous. Likes to come after anything that moves.
    Red Belly Spider...not as aggressive but just as venomous. So tiny so you don't feel until you're about to die. More numerous than the Funnel...
    Saltwater Crocodile...enough said. 200K strong in the country.
    Great White Shark...see Saltwater Crocodile. Constant in their Great Barrier Reef.

therealdeal and Barnstable like this.
  16. therealdeal

The cool thing about Australia is they're confined to that island and I never have to go there. I can live happily never knowing the hell hole that is that place.

scnottaken, gcclaker and Barnstable like this.
  17. Barnstable

I'd rather live in Westeros.

gcclaker and therealdeal like this.
  18. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

I always wanted to visit Australia, still kind of do. But every time i watch or read about their fauna, i'm good staying put for another year or two ;).

gcclaker likes this.
  19. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Another hiking story, once saw this gorgeous colored bug. It had a blackish blue body with blue/orange wings, went home and did some research....... Noooooooooooo!!

It was the tarantula wasp, they hunt tarantulas and turn the dead tarantula corpse into a host for its babies. It's sting is the second most painful sting, on one person's account, it hurt so bad, all he could think about was the pain.

20. Barnstable

Reminds me of when I lived in Jamaica. I was going to walk through the bush (Jamaican rainforest) for some reason, and A friend that was from there said, if you feel a hard thump against you, anywhere on your body, don't think about it, don't look, just immediately knock it off. Apparently there was a semi common, huge flying insect that could bite quarter sized holes in you if you didn't knock it off right when it lands.