Nfl Off-season - Free Agency And Draft

Discussion in 'Other Sports Discussion' started by JSM, Feb 6, 2015.

1. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

The last time the Pats took on a disgruntled, supposedly "washed-out" reciever...he and they took off like a bottle rocket. Some fellow named Randy Moss. I am so embarrassed where they even got him from. :rolleyes:

If there was any such thing as a rehab spot for jump starting sputtering careers, it would be New England. Revis? Now that he has that ring could go for the $$$ and maximize the remainder of his football shelf life. Talk of him being re-united with the Jets.

2. gcclaker

Gore had slow starts the past two seasons though but yes he is still a gamer finishing strong each time. This just about seal's Richardson's fate in Indy. Talk about a bust...

3. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Revis Island returning to the Jets is official. Guess one ring was enough for him. Time to get paid...again

John3:16 and therealdeal like this.
  4. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

They also signed Outside linebacker Trent Cole, re-signed their pro bowl DB Mike Adams, defensive tackle Kendall Langford, and an OL out of Philly named Herremans.

They're not done either and there's still the draft. Ever since the Colts drafted my favorite player Andrew Luck I've been a fan and this off-season has started off on a REALLY high note. All I want them to do now is re-sign Bradshaw, add another linebacker (maybe through the draft), and add some depth in the defensive backfield.

I'm REALLY happy with the Gore and Johnson signings. Older and past their prime, sure of course, but still effective and great fits for the organization. Bradshaw and Gore make two old, grumpy, physical running backs and I love it. HIlton, Johnson, and Moncrief on the perimeter, Fleener and Allen at TE... They've got fantastic weapons and all they need now is a defensively play maker.

5. therealdeal

What an unbelievable waste. How the hell do you go from his rookie season to his last two years in LA? I mean really he's got some amazing, fantastic weapons around him and he lays a MASSIVE egg two years in a row. The Colts gave up a 1st for that. Crazy.

JSM likes this.
  6. gcclaker

DeMarco Murray still out there and talk of Philly giving him a look. Owen Daniels goes to Denver...sigh of relief to Manning who has had great TE's during his career like Clark and Thomas. Daniels when healthy is like Witten Lite.

7. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Guess Murray got scared by Kelly's Philly Ducks, because they settled for Matthews. I can't imagine what Philly fans are doing right now. They lose gore and after flirting with Murray, who would have made up for the loss of Mccoy (even if it didn't make sense financially), they wind up with an often injured Ryan Matthews...ouch!

the market is drying up for Murray. Most of the teams interested in him have already gone to their plan B. Does this clear the path to him joining Julius Thomas in Jacksonville?

8. trodgers

trodgers Administrator Staff Member

Professor of Humanities
    Dashon Goldson was released by the Bucs. Intriguing DB prospect.

9. gcclaker

Ex-9er...headhunter too.

trodgers likes this.
  10. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Seriously is Chip Kelly playing madden in Philly? I don't know what the hell is going on over there. They're about to sign Murray and Matthews hasn't signed yet and probably won't when Murray signs. If they wanted to pay that much for a rb, why not just keep Mccoy? And if Matthews balks, that's two rbs who were going to sign then fled the scene (Gore and Matthews ), not a good look for an organization.

therealdeal likes this.
  11. trodgers

trodgers Administrator Staff Member

Professor of Humanities
    Kelly seems to be pissing people off. And by "people" I mean players and fans. I guess ultimately he answers to the FO, but I can't believe the FO is loving the s*** storm he's creating.

therealdeal likes this.
  12. therealdeal

I just can't believe the FO approved his attempt to build Oregon in Philadelphia. It's kind of... cheap and lazy.

13. gcclaker

From the looks of things, Kelly IS the FO. Looks like DeMarco Murray will end up being an Eagle. Foles was quoted that he was "absolutely pumped" to get out of there... McCoy had a sly smile when he denied that he did not really sway Gore from signing with the Eagles just gave him the facts...for what it's worth.

therealdeal likes this.
  14. therealdeal

Just so strange. As a half-way Indy fan though I got to tell you I'm really grateful to McCoy for that one!

Remember when everyone was gushing about Kelly and how his brand of college ball was clicking so well in the NFL? Seems like a lifetime ago already.

15. gcclaker

Well...they media was all over how they were going to rack up points with a faster tempo and all that jazz. Same snapper-heads that for whatever reason forgot about the Buffalo K-Gun offense or the Run and Shoot Glanville's Oilers ran. Like Richard Sherman said "it's nothing but a bunch of quick three and outs" if it is defensed properly. Let's see...lost a starting wide-out [two including Jackson], their leading rusher, a starting edge rusher, their starting QB. 24 is an Eagles fan so I'd like to see someone ask him about it just for kicks. Derek Fisher [lifelong Cowboy fan] must me laughing his head off...

Speaking of which Sherman, he has been strangely quiet after Revis is now the highest paid corner in the NFL and still regarded as the best.

therealdeal likes this.
  16. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Yep, 5 year/$42m/$21m guaranteed. Murray and Bradford reunite.

Something else about Kelly's decisions and lies that I don't get: Ok, they said the McCoy move was financial.
    [​IMG]

And they traded for Bradford who's making nearly $13m more than Foles was.

Then he said they weren't going to make any moves that mortgaged their future (with regards to moving up in the draft for another Duck). What do you call giving up a 2nd and a 4th in the Foles trade? I like Foles, I think his past two seasons were flukes in opposite directions, his real talent level is somewhere in between the two ends of the spectrum. I certainly like him a hell of a lot more than the walking injury that is Bradford.

And he claims a team already offered him a 1st round pick for Bradford? I'd love to know what team that is and whether or not they plan in Narnia. If that was a real offer, turning it down only makes his off-season moves look even worse. Any GM would've taken that offer in a second. They could've packaged the two first round picks and gotten Mariota.

17. therealdeal

Yeah I've just never been a fan of the run-and-gun style in any sport. When has that consistently produced Championships? Casual fan- "Duh Showtime Lakers!". Me- "You don't know anything, go away." There's no winning with this kind of offense and like you said, they've lost almost all of their offensive threats! The only one left is Jordan Matthews who I like but... c'mon!

Sherman is still reeling from this:
    [​IMG]

18. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Look out for whoever Dallas ends up with, with that O-Line he's poised for a big year. Will it be AP, like everyone seems to think?

19. Doc Brown

Doc Brown - Lakers Starter -

Doctorin'
    I typically hate Jerry Jones type moves, but I would love if they traded for AP.

Otherwise don't spend a 1st on a RB, let Randle get a crack at the job.

20. therealdeal

I think it ends up being a draftee or someone under the radar like CJ Spiller or Stevan Ridley.