Nfl Off-season - Free Agency And Draft

Discussion in 'Other Sports Discussion' started by JSM, Feb 6, 2015.

1. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

He got paid alright. With him gone, teams are going to start throwing vaults of money at Maclin.

trodgers likes this.
  2. trodgers

trodgers Administrator Staff Member

Professor of Humanities
    Hmm. Wonder what the Raiders are doing. Rumors are they've missed out on Suh and Cobb so far. That doesn't mean it will be a bad FA period, but I don't trust Oakland to make a bunch of solid lower tier-1 or tier-2 signings. I do kinda like their chances of swinging for the fences and hoping.

3. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

4. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

That's a lot considering the sampling size of what he's proven is relatively small.

Also, way too many of the target and impact defensive players are coming off the market. Not looking great for Atlanta, they have their work cut out for them.

5. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Wow, Philly has been mighty busy. Macling gone to KC. Gore replacing McCoy. Completely different team next year. Rookie QB too...maybe.

6. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

^Screamin' A. Smith taking Kelly to task about letting Jackson, McCoy and Maclin go BUT retains Riley Cooper... Obvious what he is trying to stir but why?

7. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Jimmy Graham traded to Seattle. WOW! Great news for the Falcons, getting him out of the division. Wilson now has someone to throw the ball to.

therealdeal likes this.
  8. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

This is crazier than the NBA trade deadline.

Bradford for Foles.
    Graham to Seattle.
    Ngata to the Lions.

WTF!

I officially have no clue what Chip Kelly is doing.

John3:16 and therealdeal like this.
  9. gcclaker

I can see how Brees is going to be upset...and Luke Wilson. He was not happy losing Sproles seasons before. That is a big trade! Maybe Nawlins have reservations whether Graham will get back to form after that lingering shoulder injury.

DeMarco Murray mentioned that he was trying to get to Indy. Looks like Gore beat him to it. Good to see that The Lumberjack will have a solid back behind him.

therealdeal likes this.
  10. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Injury + his MASSIVE salary. Why give it to him only a year prior if you don't want to pay it though? I think this is a big hit to Brees and their redzone offense. He doesn't have the bail out option any longer. There's a cliff sized drop off from the top tier TEs and what's out there on the market. Going to be a rough start for Graham, I imagine. He'll quickly realize Wilson is no Brees and while he's the first receiving option, he's not the first option because Seattle will always be a run first team. Good for Wilson's fantasy value though.

Edit: Just saw they traded for Marcedes Lewis.
    [​IMG]

therealdeal likes this.
  11. gcclaker

^Yep, TE's are an NFL signal-caller's main security blanket. It was only a year ago when Graham signed that big contract that he and his agent said should be wide receiver level. Now Peyton will have to be doubly creative to offset that loss and the Saints young receiving corps will have to progress asap.

12. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

It doesn't make sense to let Graham go unless you're a) rebuilding or b) have other receiving options you're confident in... Who else is there to catch footballs in NO?

13. gcclaker

If they couldn't win that putrid division when they had the chance in their mitts last season...then I think there had to be wholesale changes that would take place. The Saints defense haven't been the same since Gregg Williams left. Offense never got its groove back due to age, Peyton's one year suspension, loss of playmakers and I think Brees hasn't been his efficient self either. I've never seen him throw crucial, drive-killing picks before. Very Farve-ish.

therealdeal likes this.
  14. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    Breaking News! Chip Kelly hates the Eagles.

therealdeal, trodgers and gcclaker like this.
  15. gcclaker

Kelly has to be aware that he is coaching in probably the most unforgiving, hard bitten fan-base in The League. So far, he is the equivalent of Larry Brown when it comes to just shuttling players around. If he wants a QB that can run and pass with the same athletic qualities as Marriota...then he should take a flyer on UCLA's Brett Hundley...

16. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

Colts nab Gore after he got cold feet from Kelly going crazy (talked to McCoy and didn't like them moving Maclin) and they're likely adding Andre Johnson. He and Gore flew in together on the same plane. Two significant offensive moves for the Colts (look for another stellar fantasy year for Luck). Not sure what Gore has left, but considering how bad their run game has looked, the only way to go is up. And with a real, live NFL QB throwing Johnson the ball...he has enough left to matter. Colts are making good strides to push them towards the Superbowl. Still think they need one more significant defensive player. I know they've been linked to Hardy (I think a ruling on his suspension was supposed to come sometime today), that'd certainly qualify.

trodgers likes this.
  17. trodgers

Professor of Humanities
    Wilson with Graham is pretty filthy. Noticeable bump for Seattle, but it seems a gigantic blow to NO.

18. trodgers

Professor of Humanities
    Gore will be better than anything they've had in a long while. The past two years I thought Gore would be done, but he kept showing me wrong. Still gets to second gear well even if he doesn't have the top end. He'll move the chains in a fast-moving offense. He's tough as nails.

gcclaker likes this.
  19. gcclaker

With the Fins signing Suh, the Jets solidifying themselves, Buffalo in win-now mode...the Pats will not have not have Easy Street securing their division even if they do. That 15th [?] rated toughest schedule should be deceiving at the start of the season. Colts not standing pat either. Replacing Wayne with Johnson will mean that they will not lose that veteran reliability on their receiving cast. It will make Hilton even more dangerous.

20. JSM

JSM - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

^ Yeah, those teams are all being aggressive to make it a competitive division. It's going to be interesting to see what Revis decides to do. They were expecting a decision sometime today. Both NY teams are trying to get him to join them. That'd be a big loss for the Pats and they'd probably have to gun for Cromartie if that happens. A lot of speculation that Harvin goes to the Pats. More targets you give Brady, the better but Harvin hasn't impressed me in awhile. And they still have to figure out their RB situation as well, they've lost depth there already.