LLLLLeBron 3-5 Finals Record Without SuperTeam

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by puffyusaf#2, Oct 5, 2014.

1. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

...24 did not play the media game for the press who likes to build players and tear them down at their discretion. He loved playing the villain. Then there was the Colorado incident, his beef with O'Neal, clashes with Jackson all that stuff.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  2. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

yep. lebron should be really thankful for kobe. he made it possible for anyone to ascend to the mj plane in the eyes of fans and media. the next one was always going to be the proverbial red-headed stepchild. lebron got the buffer.

ZenMaster and LTLakerFan like this.
  3. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
  4. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    I'm not really sure how Lebron has helped the game but he certainly hasn't left it in ruins when he leaves

LTLakerFan likes this.
  5. Juronimo

Juronimo - Lakers Starter -

plays with one's and zero's
    That title belongs to the bedie eyed weasel Stern.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  6. sirronstuff

7. sirronstuff

8. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Too soon, Sirron, too soon. Last years Warriors were up 3-1 and even then it was too soon.

9. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Watch, tomorrow we'll start hearing: Lebron got a triple double and they lost, he has no help.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  10. sirronstuff

Sorry, I'm going to enjoy this sweep. EVERY. MOMENT. OF. IT.

(I hope)

[​IMG]

11. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

I am no fan of Bron, but its not fair to blame Bron for the mess that the NBA is in. Post Jordan the NBA leadership, with Stern at the helm, decided that the best marketing method for the NBA was to build on superstars. In short the marketing machine quickly orbited around the goal of crowning the next Jordan. Well the next Jordan never came along. Shaq had the talent and the smile, but was lazy. Kobe had the talent, drive, and work ethic, but lacked social skills etc. So in order to market the game they changed the game. They hand cuffed the defense, they sissified the game by taking almost all physical play out of it, they ignored travels, the added zone defense, and much more. Why? all of it was to make it easier to score. In order to market the next "Jordan" you gotta have guys putting up big numbers. Stern and the leadership did all they could do to water down the quality of the game in order to make it easier for guys to stuff the stat sheet. If a player can't drop 30 like Jordan under that rule set then they changed the rules. This also pushed the focus away from marketing teams. Young fans are much more likely to say things like "I am really not that much of a fan of just one team, I am more of a fan of players like..." No wonder guys don't want to stay a build a team, because quite frankly teams are not important any more. This has resulted in falling viewership on TV at least in person attendance is up, falling profits for sponsors, and one hell of a bloated salary cap that is going to bite the league in the tail when that huge tv contract is up and no body wants to spend billions or anywhere close to the last price. ESPN is steadily losing ratings too. None of that is Bron's fault. and the reality is that is why the NBA sucks.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  12. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    ^^^ well said Sama.

But we still hate LeBron, right?

13. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

of course! :Brows:

GO KD!

14. Juronimo

Juronimo - Lakers Starter -

plays with one's and zero's
    I reserve my hate for those guys. I don't hate Lebron, I don't have a reason to.

gcclaker likes this.
  15. Kingsama

Kingsama - Rookie -

1. Zeke still salty
    2. Bron won nothing without Pat Riley who has some real basketball heritage.
    3. Zeke has driven how many teams into the ground?
    4. At least he gives Kareem credit cause Cap is probably the GOAT.

16. puffyusaf#2

puffyusaf#2 - Lakers Starter -

Author of "Just a Thought"
    Bron has the best of all the worlds and it is fairly hilarious to me.

A) Prior to the game one of the sports shows asked the question "If Bron wins does he surpass Jordan?" More than one panelist said yes because Lebron would have beaten one of the greatest teams to play in the GSW and MJ has NEVER faced a team that, according to analytics, as great as this GSW team. Seriously? WTF? This Goldenstate team is great but I honestly believe they would get destroyed by some of the teams back in the day including the 3-peat bulls, the Magic/Cap/Worthy Lakers and for sure the 2000-01 Lakers (Shaq would murder this team IMO) and a team that just hit me the 00/01 Trailblazers that we had to come back in the 4th qtr to beat. Either way, its speculation and this Warriors team shoots like no other team (maybe the original run and fun suns team was up there), but to dismiss those squads just to make Bron look better is laughable.

B) On another show one pundit was waxing poetic about all the pieces the King has and how the Cavs are a defensive juggernaut. What I found interesting was not that they said Lebron was the best on the court and that any team with him is a favorite. I mean, they always say that type of stuff anyway. Saying Kyrie was better too and K Love was playing amazing to the point the Warriors would have no answer for them was. And add to the fact they panel basic eluded to KD being an also-ran as if he couldn't drop 50 on the cavs had me smh.

My favorite though was after the Cavs got stomped in game 1. Now, let me say the series isn't over at all and Cavs could very well win it. That being said...

C) Can't remember the chicks name but on the after show she makes the statement that Lebron looked like he was tired. TIRED? I almost spit my water out. Chauncey Billups (I think) saved the day with called that ridiculous that the man has had like a year off between series (ok slight exaggeration). The idea that Bron is tired after 1 period of the Finals has me again SMH.

D) The second discussion that caught my attention was that Lebron, the medias defensive amazing stop anyone from spots 1 to 5, can't guard KD who, if you remember, is the GSW also-ran. Now, I agree Leron CAN'T guard KD, period, especially when GS is moving so well with and without the ball. It seems that the excuse is set if he has a bad game he had to guard KD who dropped like 40 on him. If he has a good game then he becomes the greatest defender stopping one of the games prolific scorers. Bron win/win.

Anyway, there was more but I forgot to log in and type it up. So i'll leave it at that. Win or lose Lebron seems safe once again.

jbiggs, Punk-101, Weezy and 1 other person like this.
  17. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Win and its "Lebron's the greatest, even surpassing the GOAT MJ!". Lose and its excuse after excuse.

18. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    I've got enough leftover after the C Bags to direct LeBron's way.

19. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

I'd also point out that while LeBron may be "tired" from 7 straight trips to the Finals, he's gotten a ton of rest along the way in more ways than just all these long breaks between games and series. He's also gotten "rest" by having almost zero competition in the Eastern Conference playoffs since maybe 2012, the last stand of the C Bags big 4. Kobe, as one example, may not have had the greatest Finals opponents in 2001, 2002, and 2009, but the road through the West every year was tough as hell and filled with some all time great teams, or all time great players.

puffyusaf#2, John3:16 and TIME like this.
  20. Realm of Shadows

Realm of Shadows - Rookie -

Maybe a critical player will call LeBleep a female dog and he will have that player suspended late in the series or for a crucial game.

puffyusaf#2 and LTLakerFan like this.