#LavarBallSays- Ball In The Family (the Other Ball Kid Content)

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by John3:16, Mar 14, 2017.

?

Opinion of Lavar Ball

1. Love him. He's crazy like a fox.

20 vote(s)
    33.9%
  2. Who?

11 vote(s)
    18.6%
  3. Hate him. Can't he just go away?

28 vote(s)
    47.5%
  1. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  2. Bryant

Bryant - Lakers 6th Man -

We need some of this:

3. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

"We..."? You are just Lonzo's dad, you don't have a seat at the Lakers' round table. And going with LaMelo and LiAngelo overseas isn't going to help them grow as people or as players at all. I appreciate how hands on of a father he is but he needs to know when to let go instead of constantly trying to grip control of your son's lives.

4. Bryant

5. LTLakerFan

Jeezus how arrogant and dumb can you be LaVar? Guessing Gelo didn't come up with this. Or hell both of them. You really want to piss off the President of the United States? You freaking embarrassed the country while he was over there seeing their president. Good luck with BB Brand and the IRS keeping tabs on every nickel in the future. Half joking. You know doing this constantly makes people not like you guys. Aside for Lonzo god love him keeps his mouth shut and seems to have his head screwed on perfect. And your lovely wife trying to get her life back. When you are building a brand you want people to like and admire you. Not think you've become some caricature from WWE and that you think you're better than everyone else you deal with like your kids' school and college.

Wonder how Melo liked having been probably a big man on campus suddenly have his junior and senior year of high school just ripped from him forever because a-hole Pops got disrespected by the coach of the team saying he didn't want one guy on the team jacking it up 30-40 times a game. You're done Melo .... high school's over I don't like your coach questioning your game.

EDIT .... well yeah not hard to see what the comments below the article are pretty unanimously indicating. Over 4,500 so far and no one is applauding him for saying this now. And most of them have a couple hundred or thousand "likes". So for whoever's brilliant idea this was .... mission accomplished. Now people are hating this kid just like they are coming to hate the old man. And it's going to be the same for probably for the youngest. Who does that to their children all for his grandiose marketing plan. Sick!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    sirronstuff likes this.
  6. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    If they become successful, younger guys might consider them role models.

Chew on that. Do we really want more balls. Bigger balls?

I predicted this wouldn't end well. I'm sorry it appears I was right. They will start to see how much of an idiot their Dad is over there in a personal version of hell. I can't see that going well. The only way that situation turns out well is if they shut up and play extremely well against older men.

Good luck with that.

7. LTLakerFan

What do you want to bet he is trying to tap into the anti Trump sentiment? But his kids are the pawns now. They have to live with the fallout from what he does every day. First Lonzo big time and now Gelo and Melo are living the dream too. In freaking snowbound 5 hours of daylight Lithuania instead of inside Pops's big new home and going to their own schools. Melo staying on campus of course but easy access to home and Mom and the pool and his Lambo and their normal lives in sunny so. Cal.

8. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
  9. CarolinaLakerFan

CarolinaLakerFan - Lakers 6th Man -

I coach high school football here in South Carolina, where people treat it like a 2nd religion. I’ve seen countless Lavar Ball type dads. They’re usually the ones who underachieved at athletics, so they live vicariously through their children. They simply can’t help themselves. For some selfish reason they want to share the spotlight with their kids.

Initially I was flattered and amused by Lavar. I thought it was a genius ploy to scare off teams from drafting him to eventually play for the Lakers. Now that he’s accomplished just that, it’s time to sit down, shut up and let your son handle his business like a man. Lavar, please gracefully allow your 15 minutes of fame to run its course.

My experience from coaching has taught me that it never ends up well for the kids of parents like this. The ones that do survive and do well eventually have to have a very serious break up from their attention-seeking parent. I really hope it doesn’t have to come to that. It’s time for Lavar to take a seat. Your mission is accomplished regarding Lonzo. Stand down.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
    XXIV, Purp n Gold, lakerfan2 and 3 others like this.
  10. LTLakerFan

LaVar has taken that to a whole nuther level and thinks he is a genius for creating all this press and notoriety and initial success with the brand. But look what he just did, above, have his son whom the country was already not happy with for what he did in China .... go out there and add nitro to the flames. Now people are full on hating him if you read the comments. It had to have been a ploy to seek favor with the millions that hate Trump. Not about to read through all 6,000 replies to date but so far none of them have been from that target audience because the kid is coming from a bad place. Both his deed and now his ever more unpopular father. And it's certainly no better if it was Melo's brain storm as then he's already crossed over to the dark side, but seriously doubt it was.

11. LTLakerFan

He doesn't even have to disappear but to use the basketball parlance of "act like you've been there before" and like a successful business person like Magic or Kobe would and build your brand. Not continuing to seek the spotlight with the WWE / carnival barker act. Many people likely cringe just seeing his face any more let alone listening to him speak. I know I do.

12. Cookie

Cookie The Dame of Doom Staff Member

LTLakerFan likes this.
  13. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

Went full savage on Luke...threw some shade at Jules and now he's going at BI, Kuz and possibly JC. Damn Lavar, you on one! You super duper extra for the holidays. Now there's some truth to his madness, but making some blind insinuations towards some of Zo's teammates...not cool Daddio. Luke needs to get pops to come in and go upside Lavar's head like some bongo drums.

[​IMG]

14. LTLakerFan

Super big Deuche.

Are there any opposing points of view left? Time for the crosshairs and scope sirron or if you feel uneasy about that .... a poop hat. Maybe if Zo gets wind that kind of stuff exists he will grow a pair.

Raise your hand if you think Zo needs to grow a pair and shut the old man down from jerking with his employer and his teammates and friends for crissakes.

And whether **** face has any good points or not .......

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  15. sirronstuff

16. LTLakerFan

Jeezus that's amazing how crappy those shoes are. Seriously LaVar.... WTF? Every aspect. Snake oil salesman. No offense to snakes everywhere.

sirronstuff and Big Mamma Jamma like this.
  17. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    That review from Barstool Sports was great, lol.

sirronstuff and LTLakerFan like this.
  18. sirronstuff

I quite enjoyed that

:Laugh:

LTLakerFan likes this.
  19. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Are these the shoes Lonzo actually plays in? Because they shouldn’t be, that’s not professional basketball quality, you can break an ankle in that crap.

sirronstuff likes this.
  20. Bryant

The ZO2's are actually based on an existing basketball shoe from a brand called Brand Black, which goes for like $110. This review gives you more insight into how they made their shoes:

sirronstuff likes this.