#LavarBallSays- Ball In The Family (the Other Ball Kid Content)

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by John3:16, Mar 14, 2017.

?

Opinion of Lavar Ball

1. Love him. He's crazy like a fox.

20 vote(s)
    33.9%
  2. Who?

11 vote(s)
    18.6%
  3. Hate him. Can't he just go away?

28 vote(s)
    47.5%
  1. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Vash:

"If Plan A was the #2018Plan, what do we call this?
    #PlanBBB"

Well you asked. Bulls*** is what I call it right now. Where is the NBA talent at a young age that you think these kids are all going to wind up on the Lakers and take 2 more roster spots at some point? Lonzo has a number of very needed and specific talents and look out when he matures and his offense and shooting kick in. What does Gelo bring that the NBA needs and the skinny little kid so far is nothing but a gunner. Come on man. But whatever. You really seem enamored with this clown that is now being a jerk toward the Lakers as well. I thought that was your line in the sand?

2. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

The Lakers aren’t signing the other Ball boys because Lavar made some proclamation. :D It’s possible that Melo becomes a decent player and the Lakers take a chance if he warrants it. I don’t think it’s possible we go near Gelo. From what I’ve seen he sucks and he doesn’t even play hard, kind of overweight, he’ll be lucky to make the G-League. Hell, I could see the Lakers not re-signing Lonzo after 4 years before bringing another Ball onto this team. I actually see this European thing failing miserably. If Lavar won’t let the high school coach dictate his son’s playing time, if he won’t let UCLA deal with Gelo how they see fit, and if he won’t stop criticizing Luke and saying he could do a better job than him, is he really going to let this new coach stick his sons on the bench for no pay? Yeah right, that’ll work out.

sirronstuff, Cookie and LTLakerFan like this.
  3. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

4. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

How is that going to make them better basketball players if what is described sounds like a pick-up game at the local YMCA.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  5. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I think it'll make them better people. I don't know about basketball for them out there. If they can survive that environment, then they'll be better people for it.

LTLakerFan likes this.
  6. LTLakerFan

Will they ship Melo's Lambo or whatever he has over there too for more look at me and potential jealousy from guys making no money? Probably. I wouldn't think it smart but nothing trickling down from LaVar seems smart theses days.

7. GlickenGoshDebate Tactics

GlickenGoshDebate Tactics Guest

No, he will, have to steal his own cars from now on. Time for him to grow up.

Cookie likes this.
  8. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    They seriously wore BBB slippers to meet with the Lakers?

bo-bye!

9. therealdeal

Disappointingly click-bait title. The Lakers met with him, yes, but it was a positive environment and all sides just agreed that Lavar would come to them with concerns before talking to the media about them.

10. LTLakerFan

11. therealdeal

12. LTLakerFan

LOL he's still spinning like he's part of the solution for good things going forward and not the damn problem. The guy is right up there in Trump's league for being a jacka**.

13. therealdeal

14. LTLakerFan

The longer he is there and the more he sets foot inside their practice facility and shows up at games (if they've started [?] no idea ).... chances are excellent it won't be a good thing for the kids with the other players. He can't help himself and I doubt he can change his spots and just go there and be humble and concerned about setting up the kids. Will likely set up pop up merchandise locations while he's there. My guess anyway. Oh and I've already read that the TV show will have cameras and crew covering over there for episode fodder. Perfect. Way to blend in Americans.

sirronstuff likes this.
  15. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

16. LTLakerFan

Seriously? He went out there and said even more and worse after they asked him to cool it?

Time for Lonzo to be a man. Doesn't mean you don't love your father but dammit son he is f****** with your employer now. Tell him to STFU and stop. Or you'll stop promoting your .... I mean his shoes and apparel. You have your money on your own merits. I guess there's a real strong dynamic there as to why Lonzo won't do that. But I don't get it at all.

sirronstuff likes this.
  17. Bryant

Bryant - Lakers 6th Man -

People are already spinning it as Luke being weak and unable to handle LaVar's criticism...

Of course BSPN would pump this out right after a loss, bet she was salivating at publishing this.

18. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

it was only a matter of time before lavar started babbling about luke

sirronstuff likes this.
  19. LTLakerFan

So he truly has now become a problem and Lakers are not happy about it. And with his ego big enough to think he can go back and forth with the President (even if he's a jack** too) .... apparently Magic and Rob have had no sway with him yet. He's now officially a cancer. In my opinion Lonzo's the only one who can shut him down. If he will stand up to him and tell him he is done with the whole brand thing if he doesn't comply.

Look at the timeline below. Tonight after the game in New York they were talking to him a 2nd time about this. Why would it not have included further talk about it despite how he is spinning it, since he ignored them once already on Dec. 5 and came even harder after Luke and the veterans for that matter, wanting it to be all about the young guys now.

✔@billoram

Confirming @ramonashelburne’s report that Lakers met with LaVar Ball to ask him to cool his criticisms of Luke Walton.

The meeting took place on Nov. 29, with LaVar, Rob Pelinka and Magic Johnson all present.

Worth noting LaVar’s @SiriusXMNBA interview was Dec. 5.

Bill Oram

✔@billoram

Before MSG security kicked us out, LaVar said he had "a great conversation" with Lakers.

"What I love about them is just the communication we have as a family and as friends," he said. "To fix the situation & just solutions that we throw off each other. And that's all it is."

[​IMG]Bill Oram

✔@billoram

LaVar: "But the press is going to make it out like I'm trying to demean them, or they're trying to demean me. And it's not."

Asked about specific requests from Lakers, LaVar said, "Just talking. Just talking. Just talking. We trying to do what's best for the team."

20. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    Hopefully LiAngelo steals again in Lithuania and Lavar gets incarcerated with him

sirronstuff and LTLakerFan like this.