Las Vegas Massacre

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion and Philosophy -(FORUM CLOSED)-' started by therealdeal, Oct 2, 2017.

1. davriver209

davriver209 - Rookie -

Police Officer
    I think what's baffling a lot of people, is that this guy left no motive, is a life is a mystery, and he just commited the worst shooting massacre in us history... it's a tragedy, awful event, but evil comes in different shapes....

I know people are coming up with lots of theories, but truth is, by 5-7 mins in, they knew where the shooting was coming from, that's why the guy stopped shooting after 9 mins... police closed in on his location, just had to respond properly without getting 20-30 more killed...

That rave security guard tho man, he's the main reason they pinpointed the room.

Btw, I'm in vegas, spirits haven't been broken, still people everywhere and enjoying themselves

sirronstuff and therealdeal like this.
  2. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

That's what I'm saying. This guy had no motivation, no MO, nothing. If he was an Islamic terrorist or something he'd have left an indication. There's just nothing to go on. I have no faith that it was just an old man who cracked. There's got to be something else to that story.

3. therealdeal

4. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

That's pretty tactical for a dude with no training or help. :wasntme:

Also, he shot the guard 6 minutes before he started his spree. Why? Why basically set off an alarm that there is a gun on the floor a full 6 minutes before you start your crime?

5. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

My wife came home from work last night a bit shaken. Said she had lunch with a couple of her girl friends. They both had family members who were at the concert. Her closest girl friend's daughter is married to a big guy (about 6'4" 240) who is a cop and coincidentally I shot and produced their wedding video about 10 years ago in barter from some pro quality used brick work from the daughter's dad who is not a masonry guy .... just real good.

When the shooting started of course no one knew where the shots were coming from and they were toward the front and on the left side looking toward the stage. John (the cop) was immediately herding them and told everyone in the group to stay with him and run off away from that left side. People were starting to lay down for cover and he was screaming NO to them as well to get up and run as no telling where the bullets were coming from. He got grazed in the shoulder himself but no one else from their party was hit thankfully. So they kept going until they got to that little airport just adjacent (where the shooter tried with incendiary rounds [allegedly] to blow up the large jet fuel storage tank) The doors were locked but he wanted to get them inside and they weren't being opened by I guess a security person. Don't know what kind of doors but could not have been too secure, as big John kicked one of them open to get them in. No reason for any lying in this story / I can vouch for these people. Security starts yelling at them that he's calling the cops and John yells back YES PLEASE CALL THE COPS!!!

Wow.

sirronstuff, Barnstable and TIME like this.
  6. therealdeal

That's awful. It's always a rough situation. The protocol in that moment from that security guard is to lock down the facility because whoever might be entering could very well be the attacker. But when I saw the people in trouble, I'd have opened the doors and let them in, told them to stay down once they were in, and start emptying their pockets and whatnot just to make sure everyone was on the up and up.

7. LTLakerFan

One of the other girls, women actually, in this group is barely sleeping at all since and having the moments and terror of that night keep right up there in her consciousness.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  8. LTLakerFan

Dodgers ballgirls who survived Las Vegas shooting spree will return to work this weekend

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-dodgers-ballgirls-plaschke-20171012-story.html

After reading and at the end .... more confirmation of the police saying what the officer I mentioned above did in Las Vegas with his group of people. In you are in imminent danger you don't stay where you are if there's a chance to get out. You GO. Can't even imagine, that many people hit everyone was seeing people around them drop and the impact of rifle rounds.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    revgen and therealdeal like this.
  9. therealdeal

This story gets stranger and stranger.

revgen likes this.