Kawhi Leonard Discussion: “I’m A Snake Clipper Guy.”

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by Helljumper, Jun 15, 2018.

1. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

2. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

i actually thought lebron's delivery on the most important lines were pretty good for a non-actor. he was oddly wooden in the part where he addresses the crowd, which is odd considering that's something he probably does with some regularity in real life.

therealdeal likes this.
  3. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

I liked James in it...didn't care for the flick much. I thought the restaurant scene was good.

4. GlickenGoshDebate Tactics

GlickenGoshDebate Tactics Guest

I don't self indentify as such but i am fairly unbothered by you thinking that.

5. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I'm fairly unbothered by anything you identify with. This conversation is just a fun look into your unique personality.

6. GlickenGoshDebate Tactics

GlickenGoshDebate Tactics Guest

I don't see what i display here as particularly unique.

TIME likes this.
  7. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I think that may be part of the charm.

8. Punk-101

Punk-101 - Lakers Starter -

9. LTLakerFan

Glick .... don't f*** with Punk. He's actually a professional in the field and seems to have taken an interest in you. Maybe PM ing .... new insights to be had for you with great LB discount?

:Mindblown:

Punk-101 likes this.
  10. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    This site is filled with crazies. For the record

:Laugh:

11. LTLakerFan

[​IMG]

Exhibit AAAAA. Look at your avatar dude and I know you were including yourself.

:Beertoast2:

gcclaker and sirronstuff like this.
  12. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

im not going to hold the same mindset on leonard as i did with pg.....if he stays in tor more power to him, there's an abundance of max lvl fa we could have a shot at n uncle dennis sounds like another mintz type duchebagery that i wouldnt want to deal with

LTLakerFan likes this.
  13. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

[​IMG]

Kawhi's camp has to know how this looks. I'm hoping something gets done by the deadline. Also, we have to keep checking the pulse on Portland...McCollum is clearly asking for the organization to get some help (for example the Blazers had a 13m trade exception and allowed it to expire today rather than use it to add to the roster)...Dame seems to think something is impending as well with all this "business" talk.

Meanwhile, we're looking great in all of this and there is no doubt help of some sort is on the way.. if not our own young bucks pushing that turbo button on their development.

sirronstuff likes this.
  14. Jaguar

Jaguar - Lakers 6th Man -

Never gave it much thought, but Kawhi would look good on Portland.

abeer3 likes this.
  15. vasashi17

Kawhi would look good in many places, which is why he belongs right here in the P&G.

I was looking at the numbers from the trade this morning and thought why Green was added?

Kawhi with his 15% trade kicker was enough outgoing salary (23.1m can bring back up to 29m) to bring back just DeRozan (27.7m). Was Poeltl (2.9m) that important for the deal for them to include Green (10m). Just do Kawhi for DeRozan and multiple stongly protected picks, instead of including Poeltl if SA really wanted to keep Green.

SA could have also included Mills (12.4m) instead, but the difference between Green and Mills is that Green is an expiring contract. So maybe Toronto is thinking, we're not taking in more salary for Mills when we're trying to get off DeMar....plus we're in the luxury tax ourselves, so why would we pay more taxes if Kawhi bolts and then we're stuck with Mills, VanVleet and Lowry (especially if we can't find anywhere to dump his deal) all playing the same position leading to 50m+ invested in that position?

So Toronto obviously balked at Mills but took Green cause he's an expiring even though you got Powell and OG already at that forward/wing position. But still why was SA eager to get Poeltl when they signed Bertans, brought back Gay and signed Cunningham (just days before trading Kawhi)? You can argue that Gasol at the center position isn't deep enough, but a rotation of Gasol, LMA, Gay, Cunningham and Bertans is enough for the 4 and 5 rotation.

But then you look at SA and how ownership is heading to a divorce. You then look at their cap and how they're sitting on 120m in team salary after they waived Brandon Paul (1.4m) contract yesterday. They're roughly 3.7m under the tax threshold now with 14 on the roster. They also have the Bi-annual exception (3.4m) at their disposal and can use it without going into tax territory.

Trading for DeMar explains why they didn't match Kyle Anderson's Grizz offer after they locked up Bellinelli. But now we understand why Green was put into that deal. SA was looking to get off salary but due to Kawhi's trade demand hurting his trade stock, they couldn't get off Gasol or Mills, so they could only convince Toronto to take on Green's expiring contract. And by doing so, they avoided the luxury tax.

With the loss of Poeltl, Toronto now may be looking for a young big....oh and look, we have Moe (who can now be traded) and Zu. I still think its going to be hard to dump Deng on Toronto, but Sac is still sitting on 11m in cap so a 3 teamer could still be in play.

16. vasashi17

Not the best way to sell shoes...aye Kawhi?

17. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Nobody cares about the Raptors. Way too many other teams with superstar players that don’t choke in the playoffs every year. Plus it’s one day, they usually show like 4 to 5 games, of course the Raptors aren’t one.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  18. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

the only way i could see masai willing to trade leonard is if leonard request for it, even if tor implodes n suck, if leonard doesnt say anything masai wouldnt trade him, he'd take his chances in fa

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  19. Jaguar

Jaguar - Lakers 6th Man -

He’s going to have to trade him by the deadline. I would encourage him to do so before then.

I will be planted in front of the tv for Christmas, those games are perfect matchups, even the Knicks game.

20. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

after the pr nightmare masai suffered witj trading dd for leonard, i see no way he can afford another pr hit unless leonard makes it clear as day he wants out