Jordan Clarkson Discussion

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by thkthebest, Jul 15, 2015.

1. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

You can find encouragement if you want to or you can roll with a "losses mean there's nothing worth being happy about" mentality.

I know how I live my life and you live yours a different way. That's fine. Do what you do.

2. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

so can honestly tell me theres a silver lining with this team if they have same or worse record than last yr?

3. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

He's an idiot but he's our idiot.

Cookie likes this.
  4. therealdeal

Depends on how they got there.

5. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

how bout most the young guys stay healthy n post much better individual stats, but as teams gets worse in all category?

6. therealdeal

I would be disappointed in that, but (like you just pointed out), I'd find value in the kids' improvement. The true measure of our return will be when one or two of our kids is improving and the team is improving. Ball fits that description, we're hoping Kuzma or Ingram can too. Randle fits that description as well but his contract situation puts his future with us in doubt.

But of course it'd still be good to see the kids improving instead of plateauing like many young kids do.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  7. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Dude. Let them finish the season! With decent fortune with health we won't have the same or worse W/L record as last year. UNLESS somehow key parts of our team move out at the deadline and the rentals for last half aren't as good.

8. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

based on current projections....

9. LTLakerFan

Why do you insist on that though? Everyone knows what the hell happened with all the injuries and the toughest schedule in December in the league.

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  10. therealdeal

They're on pace to win 30 games this year (4 more than last year) with improvements all around besides maybe Zubac having made it through the toughest part of their schedule and missing their best player for 17% of the year.

wallangong and Cookie like this.
  11. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

it was a hypothetical scenario question to real, so i didnt set anything in stone....Dec is only 1 month, my scenario was if no injuries but record is the same or worse than last yr while individuals post better talent while as a team they get worse, thats deserving of praise?

12. LTLakerFan

Whatever. It's what you do though even with hypotheticals it seems. Choose to be glass 1/3 full or empty rather than looking at the evidence in this case when things are looking up in a number of areas starting with as real pointed out a bronzing worth positive comment from you on Clarkson. Now as well with Luke and apparently the FO who was probably instructing Luke to go ahead and let Randle start and play more minutes (so Luke is no longer looking so inept), and his dominant play much of the time. And some wins again and the defense looking good again and perhaps a better backup PG alternative emerging at the present time in Caruso instead of Ennis. Whether Ennis still starts or not. Quick hook to bring Caruso in as needed. Ingram no longer hell bent to only drive to the basket .... much more versatile game and shots dropping. Kuzma still loads of promise to his future (definitely not a flash in the pan) Lots to be positive about presently. You're always in the as I referred to it ribbing you the other day ..... devil's advocate mode.

13. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

Kudos to Clarkson for making four at the stripe to keep us ahead... One player that doesn't really have to be tweeted about practicing that part of his game. I can attribute his struggles tonight against a sound defensive team we went up against.

When we were trying to inbound the ball against pressure, I was yelling "get the ball to JC!" Couldn't trust anyone at that point.

14. revgen

revgen - Lakers 6th Man -

Exactly what I was feeling gcc. I didn't want us inbounding the ball to anybody else but him. BI barely got it to him on one play.

15. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

If you look at everybody else's form, all their follow through's are off. Clarkson's is straight, leveled and towards the rim. Even practices it at the line prior to getting the ball and attempting it. Probably something he picked up from Nash.

Ingram got with away hooking the defender to get the pass off but the refs let them play. Good stuff...

16. svtzr

svtzr - Lakers Starter -

Unlike alot of people, before and after his recent stretch - I'm just not ready to give up on a 4th year player and say they can't improve. Look at Oladipo this season as an example. There is a lot of things to improve, with IQ being the biggest handbrake, but Randle and Clarkson can still be great players in this league.

LTLakerFan, tada, Kenzo and 3 others like this.
  17. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Not exactly like the last two games but still a good showing from JC.

revgen, Cookie, therealdeal and 3 others like this.
  18. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Maybe not efficient, but 19 points is 19 points. He’s putting up points in bunches lately and we are needing all of them to get these wins. I know Lou Williams is the 6th man of the year this season, but JC has to at least be on the honorable mentions list. I have to give credit when it’s due, especially since I’ve been so critical of him.

19. lakerjones

lakerjones Moderator Staff Member

He's really been performing that 6th man role well this season. 14 plus points off the bench per game and shooting a decent percentage all the while. The coolest thing though lately is the return of his set up game, dishing out great assists and getting other guys looks. He's been huge for us in this win streak.

Cookie, gcclaker, LTLakerFan and 3 others like this.
  20. SFGOLDRUSHER

SFGOLDRUSHER - Lakers Starter -

Master Optimist.
    Said the same thing about Kuzma before... But now I'll say if those two provide scoring off the bench, seems like we're capable of putting up a good fight or winning on every night.