Jordan Clarkson Discussion

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by thkthebest, Jul 15, 2015.

1. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    I'm not sure I would describe what I see in him as a bad attitude. It's more of an immature perspective / attitude. It's something that Clarkson and Russell shared and seemed to feed off of with each other. I'm hopeful that with Nick gone, and Russell in Brooklyn, that Clarkson gets the message and grows up a bit this year.

2. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham

Not catching Ingram running around sayin' he's a playa

Just saying....

John3:16 and LTLakerFan like this.
  3. Juronimo

Juronimo - Lakers Starter -

plays with one's and zero's
    So?
    These guys are basketball players, not monks.
    When I was these guys age, I went out all the time, but I always handled my business. As long as they put in the work, I don't care if they blow off steam off the court, as long as people aren't getting hurt.

jbiggs, Khmrp and alam1108 like this.
  4. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

My issue with Jordan partying is that I stopped seeing improvement. I don't care if he parties every single night as long as it doesn't affect his play. Unfortunately, I think the money and the parties and the girls have affected his mindset at least a little bit.

5. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

Randle doesnt get exposed like jc for partying , but we havent seen vast improvements from him either.

scnottaken and abeer3 like this.
  6. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

As long as they put in the work?

21, 17, 26.

As long as people aren't getting hurt? What the hell does that have to do with basketball? These clowns like to party more than win games. So, trade their a** and let them go play in Indiana and let them party there. Lakers are the gold standard. This team needs sleep, eat and drink Lakers winning basketball.

SeasonVet24 likes this.
  7. therealdeal

Randle has absolutely improved from 2016 to 2017 and I've proven it in the numbers more than a few times. Should I go through that again for you?

8. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

Not vastly, and clarkson improved from yr 1 to 2, just not from 2 to 3...but nobody wants to acknowledge the fact that we gone thru so many coaches with these young players?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  9. wallangong

wallangong - Lakers 6th Man -

so many coaches? All the young guys came after D'Antoni. We tossed one coaching staff that clearly wasn't cut out for the task. not really sure why we would suddenly blame the young guys for the previous coaching staff's incompetence.

therealdeal likes this.
  10. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

just saying people expecting to much when theres no continuity....hell Walton didn't even know how to answer certain questions during last season when it came to actual in game strategy and dealing with players

11. Juronimo

Juronimo - Lakers Starter -

plays with one's and zero's
    "As long as people aren't getting hurt" simply means these guys aren't out getting in fights, getting plastered or high, getting arrested, getting accused of various crimes, stuff like that. Activities like that are bad news and can spill onto the court. I thought that was pretty self explanatory.

We haven't heard our young players doing anything like that. What we have heard is that these guys are out there putting in work. We haven't heard about them being lazy as you imply. So they go out to eat at a trendy restaurant, big deal. How you come to the conclusion that they're being lazy is beyond me.

I guess you expect them to be monks but I think that's completely unreasonable.

12. therealdeal

These players have only known two head coaches: Luke and Byron; and Luke's offense is more freeing than Byron's was. Especially as a guard, Jordan should have improved quite a bit.

2016- 15.5 ppg, 4 rbs, 2.4 ast, 1.1 stl, 0.1 blk, 43.3 FG%, 34.7 3PT%, 80.4 FT%, 51.6 TS%, 1.7 OWS, 0.4 DWS, -1.4 BPM, 0.4 VORP, 103 ORtg, 114 DRtg
    2017- 14.7 ppg, 3 rbs, 2.6 ast, 1.1 stl, 0.1 blk, 44.5 FG%, 32.9 3PT%, 79.8 FT%, 52.6 TS%, 0.5 OWS, 0.7 DWS, -2.7 BPM, -0.4 VORP, 102 ORtg, 115 DRtg

*Jordan played 3 less minutes per game

Julius:

2016- 11.3 ppg, 10.2 rbs, 1.8 ast, 0.7 stl, 0.4 blk, 42.9 FG%, 27.8 3PT%, 71.5 FT%, 48.2 TS%, -0.3 OWS, 1.9 DWS, -3.6 BPM, -0.9 VORP, 97 ORtg, 108 DRtg
    2017- 13.2 ppg, 8.6 rbs, 3.6 ast, 0.7 stl, 0.5 blk, 48.8 FG%, 27.0 3PT%, 72.3 FT%, 54.3 TS%, 2.0 OWS, 1.5 DWS, 0.0 BPM, 1.1 VORP, 107 ORtg, 112 DRtg

Again, Julius improved in a number of areas. He took a noticeable step back in rebounding, but it lead to him doubling his assists per game and increasing his FG% and TS% by a solid amount. Jordan plateaued in almost every area and took half a step back as a shooter. Also again, this all stems from the argument: if Julius was out partying and his numbers looked like ^ that and we aren't winning, then I'll have a problem with that too. Since Jordan is getting 12.5 million dollars, driving fancy cars, going to fancy parties, then yes I'm going to be openly critical when he doesn't look a lot better on the floor. If we come out like gangbusters and Jordan looks great and we're winning games, he can go to all the parties he wants I won't say a damn thing.

I'm actually one of the ones advocating that we let these players celebrate more often. We can't sell Los Angeles and the "scene" here if we're not willing to let them take advantage of it. The caveat as always is that they have to perform at a high level or they're open to criticism.

13. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

correlating a player decline purely for "clubbing" is a bit much, its that old man get off my lawn deduction. Like I said Kobe is/was a different personality, not everyone can follow his foot steps. I guess OX must never go out not even for a drink during the work day?

Juronimo likes this.
  14. SeasonVet24

SeasonVet24 - Rookie -

'I'm a playa" Bruh, you ain't a playa till you make it to the postseason. I see Swaggy P has influenced him a little too much. Get this clown outta here.

15. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

I think he's referring to "I'm a playa" in reference to girls, not basketball?

(Haven't watched video)

16. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    If the performance is there, stuff like this isn't questioned. But when it's not, it becomes fair game. Fair or not, it's just reality.

SeasonVet24 likes this.
  17. SeasonVet24

SeasonVet24 - Rookie -

Doesn't help that homie's running around with Odell Beckham side piece in that video. Come on man!

18. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

Top Poster Of Month

i'd say clarkson is performing at his contract value. people shouldn't be upset that he didn't fulfill their unrealistic expectations.

svtzr likes this.
  19. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    From someone here at LB and a good friend of jeremy Lin: Clarkson was humble and approachable when he first got to LA. he's changed a lot and thinks he's above his fans. Not a good look. Watch Magic smile, shake hands, take pictures. I know everyone isn't Magic, but they don't have to be Kareem either. Somewhere in the middle would be nice. Clarkson doesn't even have a skyhook.

OX1947 and sirronstuff like this.
  20. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    Hey, I'm just shy:Kareemlook: