Jeanie's Mouthpiece Throws Mitch And Jim To The Wolves (Mouthpiece Piece)

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by therealdeal, Feb 20, 2017.

1. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    He actually had quite a bit of support because of his recent draft picks.

For some reason, the support seems to have disappeared after the recent free-agent signing's laid a massive egg.

:Fishwink::Noddingyes:

2. KRL

KRL - Lakers 6th Man -

The insiders at LeftyGround :Kobe Snickering:

3. LaVarBallsDad

LaVarBallsDad - Lakers Legend -

4. sirronstuff

#abigtradewillsaveus!

LaVarBallsDad likes this.
  5. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Scheduling conflict lol, I'm picturing Mitch under his desk on the phone desperately trying to land a star and Jim at a bar somewhere.

sirronstuff likes this.
  6. Doc Brown

Doc Brown - Lakers Starter -

Doctorin'
    Magic: "Hey Mitch we are meeting for lunch to discuss future plans and you are the CENTER of attention, where are you?"
    Mitch: "Center, center CENTER (flashes back to LMA meeting)....
    [​IMG]

Magic: "Mitch you there, Mitch, hello?
    Ramona: Uhh yea scheduling conflict

7. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

@Weezy This be Kupchak and Jim Buss...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Alcindor

Alcindor - Lakers Starter -

Ding's article indicates it's been the scouts and Jesse Buss/Ryan West who have been behind our picks, not Jim and Mitch. Watching the behind-the-draft-scenes from this year on Laker tv I find that all too easy to believe. Everytime there's a pick, Mitch'll look over to the panel of scouts and go "ok, so this is our guy?". He couldn't even begin to say Zubac's name.

Yeah I think the FA signings were the nails in the double-wide coffin.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    KareemtheGreat33 and sirronstuff like this.
  9. Cookie

Cookie The Dame of Doom Staff Member

Scheduling issue was probably Jim and Mitch working the phones trying to make a trade today.

sirronstuff likes this.
  10. sirronstuff

[​IMG]

#lastchanceJimbo

Purp n Gold, KB24, OX1947 and 2 others like this.
  11. OX1947

OX1947 - Lakers All Star -

Did you have to go all Machiavellian on us? I'm feeling a tear starting up over here.

gcclaker likes this.
  12. KareemtheGreat33

KareemtheGreat33 - Lakers MVP -

Brow-beater
    That contract was a reward for services rendered by an old warrior who broke his body beyond repair for the team and of course a commitment that we pay stars who win rings. I doubt there are those kind of players anymore in this era.

jbiggs and LTLakerFan like this.
  13. Alcindor

Alcindor - Lakers Starter -

Yeah Kobe deserved it flat out. But there is the fact that the contract no longer exists. It is off the books so no need to keep bringing it up, we've moved on. And what did we do after shedding that contract? We gave 2 old guys contracts for twice as long as Kobe's and 140% more money in what looks more like a meeting-the-minimum-NBA salary move more than anything else. "Hey look, we did something, we signed somebody, may we please still work here?". So...we got rid of an old super star because the youth movement, we needed that money for youth and we add 2 old non-stars for 40% more. One is logging DNPs in favor of a 19 year old and the other lost his starting spot early on to a ...wait for it...19 year old. While people give all kinds of reasons why those signings weren't that bad, I call bull. The 2 players amount to 37% of our salary cap. Another 31 mil for our youth that aren't likely going anywhere (not counting Lou and Nick here who are worth their scratch but likely on the way out) and we are at 69% of the cap already. How does a star FA look at our books and go "I see how they can piece around me"? They can't, the're waiting for kids to grow and Mitch and Jim's '16 FA was a "oh well, we might as well tie our hands for 4 years". There wasn't even a negotiation with Moz and Deng, I'm surprised their agents didn't get a no-trade clause out of Jim and Mitch.

Cookie likes this.
  14. wcsoldier81

wcsoldier81 - Lakers All Star -

alam1108, Cookie, Weezy and 3 others like this.
  15. KB24

KB24 Administrator Staff Member

Certified Tax Advisor
    Ding is a troll. He talks out of his butt and constantly spreads his personal opinions along with a few founded story nuggets and sells them as facts.

He is to OC Register what Plaschke is for the LA Times or Bresnahan is for Sportsnet...a troll.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
    alam1108, Kenzo and sirronstuff like this.
  16. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

yeah, all of a sudden all of this comes to light? much of it sounding pretty iffy? it's some bs, and it's becoming jeannie's MO.

if people think replacing jim and mitch with jeannie and magic is going to fix things, i'm afraid you're going to be quite disappointed.

also, i'm pretty sure luke was on board with the FA signings. should he be fired, too?

ZenMaster, LTLakerFan and Kenzo like this.
  17. Jaguar

Jaguar - Lakers 6th Man -

Hmmm, ok, but note I said protection and not defending. Similar, but not necessarily the same. I've been a part of too many Jim Buss discussions over years to not be able to make the statement that he still gets protected. I see posts in February 2017 saying things like:

"If even half of these claims are true, it's time to move on. It's been time. I think many of these claims are probably exaggerated and/or false, but hey it is what it is. Time to move on."

The Lakers were losing enough these past several years to justify moving on long ago, regardless of whether some of Ding's comments were exaggerated. The resistant tone in statements like that comes off as protection if ever so slight. Qualifying a comment about Jim by spreading blame to Jeannie or questioning the veracity of Ding's article, I view as efforts to lessen the blame for jim's performance. Protection, not defending. It's on Jim, not Jeannie/Ding, no excuses. I'm glad we are at this point of changing regimes.

18. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

That's just not right.

Jeanie doesn't get to point fingers at her brother for the last 3-4 years of failure without taking any of the blame. If you run BP and there's an oil spill, you don't get to point at a branch manager and say it's his fault. It's your fault. You're the one in charge, you're the one who needs to take responsibility in some way shape or form for the predicament you're in. Jeanie uses Ding to deflect blame from herself and to drag her brother through the dirt in the most unbecoming, unprofessional, and petty ways. Not only does she drag him (and Mitch too) through the dirt, but she strategically times it before key points in their job. What sort of person does that? A petty one that has no business calling themselves a professional. Set aside even for a moment that they're related which makes it worse, but your boss shouldn't treat you this way. If she is in fact in charge as she claims she is, then she should just fire Mitch and Jim and be done with it. Why continue beating this dead horse? Why let Magic trash Jim in the media relentlessly?

Jim deserves plenty of blame and nobody here is protecting, defending, supporting, or standing next to him. Nobody. There are is no "Team Jim Buss" as far as I am aware on this site. He has done a poor job. There was logic behind the Nash/Howard deals, but it was a big gamble. Dr. Buss was a big time gambler, but it was a bet I'm not sure he'd make. Jim obviously doesn't have the gold touch his father did and whether or not half the stories in Mouthpiece's article are true, he needs to go. I have seen absolutely zero people in this thread saying anything to the contrary. His and Mitch's free agent pitches have set our franchise back. Jim's lack of personality has hurt with our players that we have now. His horrible decisions with coaches have set the franchise back almost as much as the roster. He's a bad basketball executive. He's also a human being and doesn't deserve to be treated this way. If Jeanie is the savior she wants to paint herself to be, then she ought to just fire her brother and be done with it. Move forward.

Nobody is making any excuses, I'm just not going to allow myself to be fooled into thinking Jeanie is blameless in this. Ding (through Jeanie) paints her as this tragic figure trying to hold up the sparkling image of her father's last wishes. Oh woe is her!

Please. She gave this experiment more years than she needed to. Here she is laying out to Ding every last detail from her own opinion on why Mitch and Jim have failed for the last few years, well what took so long? You needed that much evidence? You needed this much time? Just fire him already if he's that incompetent. You're doing no favors to anyone by waiting to please a dead father who apparently didn't actually want him in that position and wanted his own son to just be happy for a minute with the franchise that he spent 30 years making into a global icon. Oh wait that doesn't make any sense does it? Part of being in charge is making tough decisions when the time calls for them. If everything in that article is true, the time has long since passed and now she should be held responsible in some part for where we are. You can't preside over a failing kingdom and point fingers as it fails.

19. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

20. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

And do you think mitch/jim can fix things from what we've scene the last 3-4yrs?