How Bout Them Cowboys!

Discussion in 'Other Sports Discussion' started by TIME, Jan 13, 2015.

1. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

Romo out 6 to 10 weeks with a broken bone in his back. Let's see if this young man Prescott is all of that. He has been very good in the preseason impressive even to some going by his stats. This could be a sign with Elliott that the youth movement starts earlier than usual.

2. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    Romo is made of glass. If anyone thinks he's coming back and lasting more than 3 games I've got lakefront property for sale.

3. gcclaker

Yep, that he is. Romo is now what they call a "candle" QB. One blow and he is out...

4. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

Dak is reminding me of Russell Wilson. Good feet. Does what he needs to, gets the win.

Battle Tested20 likes this.
  5. Lakers2015

Lakers2015 - Lakers Starter -

Dak and Zeke have been sensational. Pleased to see Lawrence back and able to give them some semblance of a pass rush and it clearly energized everyone else on defense. If that kind of play continues this team could be dangerous this season.

Zeke is showing why you draft him fourth overall. Yeah the holes are huge, but he's still getting plenty of extra yards. He actually leads the NFL in yards after contact. He already has more touchdowns than McFadden did all of last season. McFadden doesn't run tough like him, isn't as dynamic or explosive, not as elusive, not the pass protector and to me that's why I wanted him all along. Nobody makes the impact Zeke does as far as guys you could've taken over him. He is making it easier on Dak keeping him in favorable situations. Keeping defense off the field. Consistently getting first downs. Right now he's on pace to come pretty close to that rookie rushing record.

If Dak wins in Green Bay you can't bench him. He remains the starter, Romo becomes the backup this season and then you probably move on from Romo in the offseason. The guy has just been sensational. The poise, the field awareness and vision, the decision making, reading defenses, his mobility, been deadly accurate, and this team is winning with him in impressive fashion.

6. Savory Griddles

I can't agree with keeping Dak in over Romo. If Romo is healthy (and that's a big if), he is a top 5 QB. Just look up the QB ratings. He great. He would turn what is already a good offense into a sensational one. Dak looks pretty good because he isn't being asked to do a lot. It's why I made the Russell Wilson comparison. Picture that offensive line with Elliot with a QB who can make ALL the throws. I like Dak and he'll get his shot. But he isn't as good as Romo. Imagine what Romo would do to defenses that pack the box to stop Elliot. I know it's been a while since we've seen Romo at full strength, but let's not forget how good he was.

TIME likes this.
  7. Lakers2015

I love Romo. I'm the biggest Romo fan you'll see when it comes to Cowboys fans. Think the guy has gotten ridiculous and unjustified criticism for not being able to win with a mediocre team for much of his career. The problem is his body is betraying him. When that happens it's only down hill from there. If he goes down again is it worth disrupting chemistry with a team that is currently on a four game winning streak? I don't think it is unless Dak completely falls apart in Green Bay I would just stick with the hot hand if Dallas manages to win the game.

It's a great problem to have. After having the worst quarterback situation in the league last season you could argue they have one of the best. I'm gonna throw a hissy fit like some fans if they go back to Tony because he's been absolutely sensational and I understand wanting to give him a shot to at least prove he can't lead this team anymore.

Savory Griddles likes this.
  8. pound4pound

pound4pound - Lakers Starter -

9. Lakers2015

We'll see if he says the same thing if Dak beats the Packers on the road.

10. Lakers2015

Wow just wow.

Dak, Zeke, this offensive line, this coaching staff, even this defense.

What a dominating performance at Lambeau Field.

This team is legit and you don't mess with it. This is Dak's team. Sorry Romo.

11. Lakers2015

6-1, best record in the NFC!!!!

TIME likes this.
  12. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    Not much worse than my team sucking and Dallas doing good.

Please God, let Romo come back so this nonsense stops!

TIME likes this.
  13. Savory Griddles

Careful what you wish for with Romo. If he's healed, he is still a better QB than Prescott. I probably...maybe...perhaps don't make a change because there is a chemistry thing going on, but Dak wasn't great last night. He showed he is still a long way from Romo as it pertains to accuracy and making all the throws. People can talk about Dak all they want, but I am convinced that the Cowboys would be 7-0 if Romo was completely healthy. They have one of, if not the easiest schedules in the NFL, and their lone loss was to a mediocre Giants team that Garrett didn't let Dak do anything against.

TIME likes this.
  14. Lakers2015

Huh?

You do realize they've already played and beaten three playoff teams from last year right? This whole soft schedule thing is silly. Especially considering during this latest stretch where they had to play the Bengals, Packers, and Eagles most had them going 1-2 at best. As for Dak I agree. Yesterday there were clearly some growing pains, but it was just one bad game. I wouldn't overreact to it considering we've seen Romo have his fair share and Dak was able to rally and win the game down double digits.

15. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    What I liked from Dak yesterday was how he responded under big pressure when he was clearly struggling. That last play when he escaped the pressure and found a wide open Witten was so sweet.

But Zeke... :ShaqOh2::Hungryfordoom::ShaqOh2:

16. Lakers2015

Yeah that was fun to watch. True sign of a great player. I liken it to when over the years with the Lakers you see Kobe go 6-20 or something like that and is just off and then hits back to back daggers to bring the Lakers home. Just the confidence in yourself when things are going tough and finding a way to gather yourself and win. Just an amazing win for the Cowboys.

17. gcclaker

When Elliott has a head of steam straightaway, he was running through defenders. Just bowling them over...carrying some with him too.

18. PosterFormerlyKnownAs_MC

PosterFormerlyKnownAs_MC - Rookie -

Robotics Process Software Developer
    I'm still cautiously optimistic about Dak..... Yes the results have been what they have been but just before that "sweet play" he almost thru it right in the hands of an eagles secondary player that just didn't get his hands under the ball....... He has had a few near misses since day 1 with what I would consider questionable throws he's gotten away with....... He's been late in throws to the flat area when under duress and the decisions he's making at times is eventually going to byte him in the butt .......

All this talk about Romo or Dak ....... Zeke is the reason Dak can keep the ferrari on the road without digging up the side walls ....... Zeke is getting well fed and is still hungry for more.

19. Lakers2015

Dak is a rookie and he had an off game. His first of the season and I completely disagree with you. His flat passes have been some of his best and he's absolutely shredded teams in the middle of the field. Eagles have an excellent defense and they made a future HOF QB look awful earlier in the season in Rothlisberger. All that and he still found a way to win and had another excellent game today and has this team at 7-1.

20. Lakers2015

8-1 and that was one heck of a win for the Cowboys yesterday in Pittsburgh. To win in that environment against a high powered offense in a shootout type game which everyone has wondered if Dak could run. Well he and the team proved they could win an up and down game. Defense struggled which isn't surprising considering the injuries and playing an offense like that. They hung in there though. They didn't allow any of the Steelers two point attempts to be converted and that was huge in the end. They also got just enough stops to allow the offense to come back. They had to play a no name DB McFadden because Scandrick went out and they were already without Mo and Church. Definitely need those two back for a playoff run.

Obviously Zeke was tremendous, but Dak got them in position for Zeke to have those TD runs. Zeke continues to show why that was a no brainer pick. People killed the pick and didn't realize Zeke was a special, special football player not just a back. He can make tough runs out of nothing, will see and explode through those holes, make guys miss at the line and in open field, picks up blitzes, and he showed he took a screen 80 yards to the house.

Back to Dak. He made some big time throws during those last couple of drives and a beautiful throw to Dez having to buy time. Happy for Dez lost his father the night before and played an inspired football game. Good for Dez. Love that guy. Still one of the best in the game. Dak did it again. Struggled against the Eagles, but still come back and won a football game against a quality Eagles team and excellent defense. Let's not forget he went to Lambeau and yeah I know the Packers aren't the same this year and I don't care. To go up there as a rookie and win in that environment is amazing. He did it again. Had some struggles, missed some throws, but once again when it mattered most he was incredible. The guy is just special. Dude has the second best QBR in the league, completing nearly 67 percent of his passes, 14 TD passes and only two interceptions, I mean wow did the Cowboys find a special, special young quarterback. Again there is some struggles, some ups and downs, but he just doesn't stop. It's quite remarkable.

TIME likes this.