Ghosts And Paranormal Discussion

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Barnstable, Mar 7, 2017.

1. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

If it was just Chris who saw the whole donut thing, I'd say it was maybe a glitch in his own brain but someone else saw it too. Crazy.
    ------

I remember when I was younger, my parents and relatives would tell "ghost" stories from when they were young and in their homelands. I can't recall any of those stories but I'll ask them.

Barnstable likes this.
  2. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

I look less at the multiverse for an explanation of these things, and more towards there being several dimensions that we cannot comprehend. Sort of like a man living in a 2-D universe would be unaware and unable to fathom a 3rd dimension unless he collided with it at some point. This could explain a whole host of things, even God himself if these other dimensions are not bound by time.

Barnstable and Weezy like this.
  3. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Part 3

Around the time I was a teenager, things got weirder. The experiences in my room were so frequent, I'd just say "please stop" and they usually would. Again, it was mostly things moving around and electronics going off. It became fairly regular and even started happening during the day.

Back then it was still pretty popular to listen to Vin Scully on the radio while watching Dodger games. My parents would set up a little, yellow crank radio on the table and tune in to Vinny during the game. One day as we were all sitting there, the dial moved on its own and we weren't listening to the Dodgers anymore. We couldn't figure out what happened and the family sat there staring at the radio sort of stunned. It wasn't like a movie where the radio tuned in to something speaking or some relevant song or program, it was just to another station. Keep in mind this wasn't a digital dial, it was an old fashioned dial you had to turn yourself. There was some resistance to it. As we sat there looking at the radio, the dial moved again further away from the station we were listening to. At this point my dad got up and changed the dial back. He laughed it off as just faulty equipment and it didn't happen again that evening.

It did start a new common theme though which was playing with the radio. Whatever the entity was, it consistently played with the radio every day from then on although it never happened again with that radio. Instead we had a radio in the bathroom that we would play while we showered. The bathroom already has a creepy vibe so playing music helped sort of calm the nerves. Well, not anymore. This is the most consistent interaction I've ever had with the entity in my parents' house, but every single time I showered with the radio on, the dial would move. This was a CD-Player on the top type of radio with a digital dial on the side. I'd set it up on a station, jump in the shower, and within 5 minutes it'd change to something else. I'd ask out loud "can you change it back? I was listening to that" and it'd change back within 30 seconds every time. Sometimes I wouldn't say anything about changing it back and it wouldn't. It was the most consistent form of communication I ever had. Again, the station would never stay the same. Sometimes it'd be Spanish speaking, sometimes white noise, and sometimes it'd be another radio station, but if I asked nicely it would always go back.

I've got only a few more that are more specific examples of stuff going on in the house and it's the more scary stuff. I'll get to it either tonight or tomorrow.

4. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Making you asset free AND happy by 2030
    [​IMG]

Great stuff! Love it!

SamsonMiodek likes this.
  5. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

...my contribution. I had one encounter during my childhood. In the middle of the night, I woke up and saw an apparition of an old lady sitting on a chair. I did not think it was my grandmother who immigrated to the U.S. months before that. Never forgot it to this day. Did not freak me out then though. Still can't explain it. Years later, I found out that our old house was in a neighborhood where many where killed by Japanese soldiers during World War II. I remember stories of how my family spoke of footsteps on the stairs there too.

sirronstuff and Barnstable like this.
  6. therealdeal

Alright two quick story.

Like I've said, the entity viewed the day and night hours when no one was either home or awake as "his" time. That means nobody else should be awake or if they're awake, they should be in their respective rooms. The majority of the house was "his" to do with what he pleased. Well there were two instances when I violated that rule that spring to mind.

The first was a simple day when I was in college I decided to swing unannounced by my parents house. I was on my way to visit some friends and hadn't told my family I was coming by, figured they'd be happy to see me. Well they weren't home so I guess it was an ill conceived plan. I did remember though while I was there that I had something in the house I wanted to grab to bring to my friend's place. I can't remember what it was... I want to say a movie, but I'm not positive. Either way, I decide to grab this thing and then head out. Now, to open my front door we had a deadbolt and a chain lock. The chain was the kind where you unlock it and the piece slides out and dangles there until you slide it back in. So I go to unlock the deadbolt, then the chain and when you unlock the chain there's a time when the door is open just a crack. As I stuck my hand in the doorway to unlock the chain, I had this overwhelming feeling that somebody was on the other side of the door waiting to grab my hand or slam the door shut on my fingers. I just knew someone was there the same way you can sometimes tell when someone is watching you from across a room. My hands started shaking, but I eventually got the chain to unlock and drop and the door to open all the way. I pushed the door open and stood on the threshold of the house and I just felt like entering the house was the wrong thing to do. Like somebody was silently yelling at me to turn around and leave. I was in college though and felt like I was a grown man. I wasn't going to get pushed around, so I entered the house and closed the door behind me. Immediately sound was gone. My parents' house wasn't far from the freeway, but I couldn't hear anything. It was dead quiet. I slowly walked into the house and turned down the hallway toward my room and again it was just dark and silent, but the house felt oppressive. It felt like there were 30 eyes watching me from all over the house like I'd just walked into a party I wasn't invited to and the music stopped and everyone at the party was watching me wondering why I was ruining everything. That's when I started to panic. I've only ever felt this way four times in my life. Twice were during car accidents, once was when a girl passed out at her desk in front of me in class and fell on the floor hitting her head really badly, and then this moment. It felt like all those eyes were wishing harm on me. I sprinted to my room, grabbed whatever it was I was looking for, and sprinted out. I swear as I was leaving I could hear those old boot steps behind me in the hall. I got to the door, ran out, and slammed the door behind myself. Sound came back, I was breathing like I'd run a marathon my heartbeat was out of control. Somehow I built up the courage to open the door just enough to get the chain back in it's place, but I got out of there right after. I called my mom later to tell her what happened and she was weirded out because my room was closed and locked when she got home. I had left it wide open in my panic to get out.

The second time was back in high school. This is the first time I've ever seen a shadow person and I've never seen one since. It's different from seeing shadows moving around under door ways or on ceilings (which I've seen). This was a large, man shaped black mass staring at me. I was working on a history project for one of my classes and it was due tomorrow and I hadn't done pretty much anything. My parents' house had what they called a "living room" where the old computer and a bunch of our books were and a "family room" where the tv and the fun stuff was. I was in the "living room", but from that room you could see into the "family room". Anyway, at about 1:30 I started hearing noises in the other room and at first I wrote them off. It was late and I was probably imagining things. At 2 my dad got up and changed the air conditioning and told me I needed to get to bed. I told him I would be right out and could he leave the light on which he did. When my dad left I again started hearing noises like things were shuffling in the family room. At about 3 I still had a bit to do, but the temperature suddenly plummeted. The noise died. I couldn't even hear the old computer running. I turned around in the chair and in the doorway between the family and living room was a shadow person. "He" just stood there but he must have been 6' tall at least which is taller than anyone in my family. I was frozen on the spot and terrified. I'd asked my dad to leave the lights on purposely because I was afraid of the shadows playing tricks on my eyes and freaking me out, but this was a full shadow person obstructing the light from the other room. Not only was it taller than my dad, but it had no features. It was like a silhouette of a person but fully lit. I just remember sitting there for what felt like forever as we stared at each other. Finally I eeked out that I'd go to bed right now and I was sorry it was late. I knew I shouldn't be up, but I had to do this homework. I was almost crying when I finally averted my eyes downward and when I looked back it was gone. The foreboding feeling never left, but I couldn't see the figure. I immediately got up and went to bed, got two hours of sleep, and finished the project in the morning. When I told my parents about this, they didn't believe me. They said I was just delirious from lack of sleep. A few years later my nieces saw the same thing one night while they were up late playing video games. Scared them half to death.

alam1108, Barnstable and sirronstuff like this.
  7. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

Not so much paranormal, but an experience I had with a friend's friend who is sensitive.

We were all at a birthday lunch for my friend and her friend was there, who was just starting to explore doing Tarot card readings and readings in general because she knew she had this gift.

My group of like 16 friends all had their cards read and the accuracy of at least the cards regarding the past were dead on. I had my cards read, I asked about my love life, and she told me I'd meet an Aries that would really catch my eye. That actually turned out true later in the year when I met a girl through a mutual friend who was just dropped dead gorgeous and we clicked instantly, she lives too far away for anything meaningful, but I'll leave it at that. ;)

Anyways, later on in the day, we hopped to another bar, and she was telling stories about how she was helping random strangers out with her sensitivity. Like how she was sitting at a bar and noticed a presence behind a guy sitting next to her. She asked him if he had lost someone close recently, and he did. She knew exactly how the guy's friend died and where. They were in a gang and his friend died in a shooting. She told the guy at the bar that his friend was there to tell him he needed to get out of gangbanging or that he would suffer the same fate. They kept in touch for a few months later and the guy had turned his life around, getting out of the gang life and had a new career in front of him.

For my story, I asked her that I had always felt a presence of my late grandmother whenever there was a butterfly flying around me. She would go on to describe my grandmother in great detail, down to what she was wearing, and I had a clear picture in mind of my favorite picture of her was, a black embroidered traditional dress with flowers on it, and that's what she described on point. My grandmother loved to dance and twirl her hands around, and she would go on to describe that to me as well, and that she had butterflies around her as she did. I was breaking down of how scary accurate she was, and I could feel a warming presence from my grandmother then. She would then tell me she's sending the butterflies out as a sign that she's was okay.

Not that I was skeptical of this type of spiritualism before, but it had definitely opened my mind.

alam1108, Barnstable and sirronstuff like this.
  8. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

No idea if this is real, but this was posted on youtube a week or two ago. These are overnight security guards in a Morgue going to investigate sounds they heard:

sirronstuff likes this.
  9. alam1108

Balls of steel. I would have noped out of there.

Barnstable likes this.
  10. therealdeal

The only thing that makes me doubt it is that the light turns off right before they get to it. Some decent production can hide the goods.

Still super creepy though and if it's fake it's well done.

Barnstable likes this.
  11. Barnstable

Yeah, but I'm just trying to figure out how they could have done it. If you look at the inside of the door, there's nothing to grab or pull on. The only thing I can think of is invisible fishing line attached to the red panel, being pulled by someone in that room next to that panel, because the door to that room opens in, not out, so you wouldn't see if that door was open from a distance.

12. therealdeal

It's a good point. I'm not sure how to do it honestly, but it just gives the video that small bit of possibility that it's faked. You can never quite see if the door is open when they get close. Right before the lights go out, it looks like the door might be open? It's very dark and difficult to tell.

Barnstable likes this.
  13. therealdeal

Alright folks it's been months since I told anything and now that it's Halloween, I've got something good for you. This is actually the one story that still gives me chills because it finally wasn't just me that felt threatened.

I can't remember exactly when this was. I want to say I was a freshman in college at the time (so we're talking about 19-20 years old) and my sister had just moved back home. She has an autoimmune disorder and one year it got really bad. She had to go through a serious round of chemotherapy and her husband couldn't keep the lights on by himself. Her and her two daughters ended up moving into my old bedroom. There was a second bedroom, but they all wanted to stay together so they slept in bunkbeds in my bedroom and they turned the second bedroom into a storage area for the extra stuff they didn't want to get rid of. This wasn't ideal for anybody, but my sister needed to be close to family.

Anyway, my nieces (only 5 and 7 years younger than I am, so fairly competent) and I are up late playing games and watching tv. It must have been a Friday or Saturday because we all were willing to stay up extra late to play games. I should say we were playing in the "family room" which has the tv in it and from that room you can see into the backyard as well as the front door. There's also a half wall and a doorway that leads to the kitchen. It's a pretty open concept, but there's a downside to it too. When things start to feel creepy, it feels like you're being watched from all sides. Someone could be peaking around the doorway into the "living room". Someone could crouched behind the half wall in the kitchen. That night though I kept feeling like someone was walking around outside the house. I didn't hear anything, it was just a feeling. I kept looking at the window at the front door half expecting to see a face. The backdoor was worse though. When I was young we had an old sliding door to the backyard. It was made out of metal and was loud and difficult to move. It had a secondary sliding screen that was warped from years of use and was extremely difficult to move. My father replaced it with a beautiful wood door with big windows so you could see right out into the yard. He replaced the screen with a beautiful mesh. He installed some faux wood slat blinders with a curtain rod that tied it together nicely. It was really well done. The problem was now there was a massive window out into a backyard that was poorly lit so at night it was like staring into the abyss. That night as 1AM rolled around it felt like there was someone on the other side of the glass staring at me.

Around that time, we started to get antsy. I chocked it up to us being tired, but even so I kept doing the rounds and looking in the backyard for something. I'd get up, walk to the door and stare out. Every now and then I'd turn on the light and look out there just to be sure there wasn't anybody snooping around our backyard. That went on for another 30-40 minutes and finally around 1:45 I told the girls we really needed to go to bed. We got up and made our way pretty quickly to our respective rooms. I was sleeping in my brother's old room which was now a storage room. I moved enough crap out of the way to sleep on the bed in there.

Before I went to sleep I double checked everything was locked and took one more look in the backyard, still nothing and still a horrible feeling. I made my way to the restroom to pee and brush my teeth and closed and locked the door behind me. I left the hallway light on because I was really didn't want to come out of the bathroom in total darkness. The walk between the bathroom and my room was only 8 feet tops, but noway did I want to be in total darkness for even that many seconds. The light switch to the hallway was right across from my room so I could easily flip the switch and duck into my room without having to be out in the entity's domain by myself with no lights on (the hallway nightlight had been removed once I moved out to school).

As soon as I started brushing my teeth I heard a familiar noise that I couldn't quite place followed by a massive BANG and then utter silence. I sat in the bathroom literally sweating and shaking. It took probably 3-4 minutes of frozen fear and then I heard the door to my sister's room creak open and my nieces were calling for me, they were petrified. Their voices made me snap out of it for a moment and I thought, "I was right, there's a robber in the house" and I opened the door to the bathroom. When I did that, the girls opened their door a crack and we all stared at each other ashen for a moment. I looked down the hallway towards the room we were all just in and the hallway was pitch black. I don't mean black like the color of a car or even like when you have your eyes closed. I mean black as in the absence of all light. If you hadn't known there was a room there already, it may have just been a cliff into the edge of the universe. It was darkness like I haven't experienced ever since. My dad had an old chair at the very front of that hallway and I couldn't see it at all. I couldn't see anything. It took me a moment to realize the light I had left on in the hallway was off. We all stood there staring into the blackness for a while. Realizing the hall light was off actually brought me out of it a bit. I took a step forward towards the darkness and my nieces filed in behind me. We inched towards the deep blackness and that foreboding feeling was as strong as ever.

It felt like hours, but we finally reached the hallway light switch. I turned the light on and the darkness faded away from the entry into the hall. I took a couple tentative steps forward (the distance was again only 8 feet at the most from the switch to the end of the hallway) and eventually reached out and turned the light on in the "family room". Looking around we saw one of our dining room chairs had slid halfway into the kitchen. It wasn't the chair closest to the kitchen mind you, but one facing the opposite direction. It was sitting there in the middle of the room and my heart sank. I again was drawn towards the back door and as I was staring at it, I realized the curtain rod for the blinds was moving back and forth like a metronome. For whatever reason that didn't bother me at all. It was directly in the way of the where the air conditioning blew and the air conditioning was running.

I was fixated on the door. I walked toward the chair and as soon as I was halfway into the room the feeling faded. It felt like a pressure lifted. Have you ever changed elevations and your ears won't pop? It felt like we had just had our ears pop and our heads were clear. I quickly walked to the chair and pushed it back into place. My nieces and I started talking at the same time. "Oh my God we all heard the same thing right?" My nieces began with the mysterious noise that started it all and they said, "it sounded like the chair sliding" and I told them there was no way. The chairs were wood, that first noise sounded metallic and that's when my heart sank and the dreadful feeling came back immediately. The noise I'd heard was my original, metal back door sliding open. Once I remembered it, it fit like a glove. My nieces were too young to remember that door before my father had it replaced so they didn't recognize the sound. The BANG was the sound of the chair hitting the table leg as it spun out towards the kitchen. I turned back to the door and that's when I realized the curtain rod had stopped spinning. I don't know why, but this made me angry. I stormed up to the curtain rod muttering "no, no, no" and I grabbed it and turned to my nieces. They were chalk white and I knew they were thinking the same thing: the air conditioning doesn't blow hard enough to move the curtain rod. In fact, we couldn't recreate the motion. I pushed the rod back and forth, I turned the air conditioning on, I flicked the rod, nothing recreated the swinging motion to the exact way it was moving before. Not to mention, when it stopped it stopped completely. There was no slow gradual decline into a stopped place. It was going one minute and the next minute it had stopped.

For whatever reason that was the part that chilled us the most. I think it was because it happened right in front of us. It wasn't just poltergeist activity with us out of the room, it was in the room with us at that second moving something and then it decided to stop. I pushed the chair back into place and tried my best to calmly get the girls and myself back into our rooms. As soon as they were in their bedroom, I closed the door to my room and went to bed. I left all the lights in the house on, including the "family room" and the hallway.

The next morning after a fitful sleep, my nieces and I woke up early the next morning. My sister, brother-in-law, and parents all listened to our story completely nonplussed. They said they hadn't heard anything at night. I asked them if they'd heard us being loud and they said actually no they hadn't heard a thing. It had been a quiet night. We told that was impossible, that we had been up late, that we'd heard the bang, and that we were talking ourselves rather loudly and they all said that they didn't hear a thing. Even my sister said she slept completely soundly even though the door to her room opened up more than once as my nieces ran in and out of there. To this day my nieces and I shudder remembering that night. We have no idea how no one else heard anything or felt anything.

Barnstable likes this.
  14. Barnstable

Awesome story real!

I'm seriously thinking about contacting one of those paranormal investigation groups to see if I can go with them for an investigation. Part of me wants to and the other part is terrified I might see something lol

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    therealdeal likes this.
  15. therealdeal

Thanks Barns! It's probably my favorite. My parents are planning on selling their house and my family has decided we're going to do a real investigation before they leave.

I frequently go places that are haunted but almost never have the guts to go in and investigate. I went to the Whaley House in SD and was so creeped out just looking at it that I couldn't go in. I hope you do go though. I'd love to hear from someone I trust on how things go.

Barnstable likes this.
  16. alam1108

17. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

That is a great story real, that read so well, I could picture everything. I listen to a lot of podcasts and read a lot of stuff on all things paranormal (haunting/poltergeist, UFOs, strange disappearances, Bigfoot, near death experiences, etc), and the one thing that seems to come up all the time in cases like the one you described is liminality, life in change or chaos. Poltergeist cases often center around kids going through something, the theory being they are somehow manifesting part of it through the energy of whatever they are going through, or express to anyone and get help for. In your case the “chaos” would be the situation you described with your sister and her husband and their living situation. Jeff Ritzmann is fascinating on this kind of thing, he takes in all kinds of accounts from people that experience this stuff and tries to find common factors, and not explain it away or anything, just document it “scientifically” because he feels it’s important and not getting the right attention and study.

therealdeal likes this.
  18. therealdeal

You know it's a great point. All the stories I've told there's been minor movement or whatnot, but this was the biggest I can remember. I could definitely see the tumultuous energy sort of feeding into the entity that already existed, amplifying it somewhat and creating a stronger energy and presence.

Now that I'm mostly out of big ghost stories, I was going to make a post about sleep paralysis. It hasn't happened to me in a long time, but it's one of the most fascinating parts of paranormal research to me. The scientific explanation for how it happens doesn't really tell me why or why I see the things that I see when it does happen. Sure it could be hallucinations, but I don't know. The explanation never sat well with me.

19. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

I’m convinced it’s not hallucinations, the stories and entities seen are too common. The hat man, the alien grey looking beings, shadow people, and many others. I think it’s part of reality we simply don’t understand, what specifically that means could be anything. I’ve had sleep paralysis as well, it’s terrifying, sleep has never been as peaceful for me since. Also, the documentary on Netflix about it “The Nightmare” is fantastic. I think there’s truly something to it, to near death experiences, to DMT trips, alien abduction stories, fairy lore, etc. It’s all very similar as far back as these stories go, and I think it’s probably all connected.

therealdeal likes this.
  20. therealdeal

I'm 100% with you. I've seen the alien gray things and it shook me to my core. It's hard talking about all this though because a lot of times it's used against you and people just look at you like you're crazy. Well I'm crazy sure, but if people saw what I've seen they'd feel differently.

Anyway, I'll post some of my sleep paralysis experience later on.

Weezy and Barnstable like this.