Get To Know POUND4POUND

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by John3:16, Aug 29, 2016.

1. pound4pound

pound4pound - Lakers Starter -

GC,

- do you still write checks? If not, when was the last time?

i think the last check i wrote was for my car registration

- do you follow a budget?

i give it a pathetic attempt

- what would be the most unusual thing we would come across in your man cave?

a radio tape player...some kids dont even know what they are

- if you saw a U.F.O. and you weren't able to photograph it, would you tell anyone?

i would tell everyone and their mothers

- would you spend one night alone in a haunted place...given a nice payday in the morning of course?

depends on how nice the payday is...is it enough to cover my therapy afterwards?

- you're in Amsterdam, check out the red light district or examine their fine line of hashish shops? You can only choose one...

i wouldn't be traveling alone...i'd tell my travel buddy to bring back some hashish

- you're in Japan, would you venture out in the Aokigahara Forest alone? btw they call in the Suicide Forest.

for free? no

- ever seen an accident happen be it on the street or on the freeway?

being a daily 101 freeway commuter, at least once a week

- ever talk your way out of a ticket? If so, how did you do it? The "don't you owe me money?" line probably doesn't apply...

lol..i once got pulled over for speeding and i dont even know how i came up with this so quickly; prior to the police officer getting to my car, i dialed 911 on my cell and hung up right away. by the time he got to my window and asked about my speed, i told him a couple of guys in the car next to me had flashed a gun and that's why i was driving so fast. i even told them that i tried to call them but didnt have a headset and showed him the 911 call on my phone. he then asked me to describe the car and eventually let me go

- since you're a planner, what would be the itinerary for a bachelor party?

this would probably require its own thread...i'll revisit when time permits

- ever been best man at someone's wedding? Been to a wedding that you are conscientious objector on the inside?

i've never been best man...my best buds are chickens when it comes to get married...i have been parts of entourages and no, no objections here...they've chosen wisely.

...my last bonus Q?:
    - what is the coolest thing you ever did for your folks that you are most proud of?

when my folks decided to retire and move back home, they had a hard time deciding what to do with their house here..they thought about selling it..thought about renting it out...i decided, along with a refi, that i would help take over...nice big place, comfy for me plus they get to go 'home' to their 'house' whenever they decide to visit

2. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    Haha, would have never thought of this.

gcclaker, sirronstuff and pound4pound like this.
  3. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

pound4pound likes this.