Gaming: What Are You Playing?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by alam1108, Oct 6, 2014.

1. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Man, I'm so behind on games. I'm still playing Far Cry 4.

2. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    I'm playing Fallout 4 on the Xbox and am rank 20. I have been gathering, collecting, and trying to stay as cheap as possible on ammo. Only using my powerful weaponry when I need too. I've been customizing my weaponry and creating demolition devices a ton and finally I decided to check out Diamond city in hope of bartering to get even cooler things.

Well, I'm not impressed. I already have a ton of caps and most of the weapons and things they are selling. I don't want any spoliers but I hope there is more to look forward to.

Barnstable likes this.
  3. scnottaken

scnottaken - Rookie -

Playing on harder difficulties I find helps the item fatigue. If you're the type to constantly want to upgrade, maybe a higher difficulty is advisable.

4. gill

gill - Rookie -

Anyone else play Rocket League? It's my casual game lately.

5. alam1108

Got it free when it was a PS+ game of the month, really really fun. I spent hours playing that game with my friends. I probably suck now though.

6. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    never heard of it but just checked out some gameplay videos on Youtube. Looks really addicting

7. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

So I ordered NBA 2K16 back on the 26th of November. It shipped the 30th from Reno coming to SoCal, disappeared for weeks into the ether, and resurfaced with a shipping update yesterday. Finally arrived today, but unfortunately I have severe food poisoning right now and am not up to playing. Hopefully I'll be better by tomorrow to give it a go, been looking forward to this one for a long time, and then it took forever to get to me. I'm never ordering anything from BestBuy.com again.

8. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Sorry Weez. Get well soon!

Weezy likes this.
  9. alam1108

That's odd, I bought two games from BB online on the same day, they came to SoCal the following Monday.

Weezy likes this.
  10. Weezy

Yes, it is odd, and it freakin sucked. If it didn't come when it did I was ready to contact BB in a few days to see if it was lost. Shipped Nov 30th, arrived Dec 17th. Also, apparently I don't have food poisoning, but some horrible stomach bug going around, be careful folks, it's highly contageous and it suuuuucks.

11. trodgers

trodgers Administrator Staff Member

Professor of Humanities
    Sucks, Weezy.

I'm level 47 now! Connecting supply lines.

12. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    Hope you're feeling better soon. I had food poisoning in high school and remember being on the bathroom floor thinking I was gonna die.

Also, Amazon is the way to order games and just about everything else.

Barnstable likes this.
  13. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

Fallout 4 is A LOT like Skyrim set in the future and just a tad harder.

That's a really good thing actually. I love this game.

trodgers likes this.
  14. scnottaken

scnottaken - Rookie -

Finally got my replacement charger for my laptop. Now while my desktop is on the mend I can play on that!

Barnstable likes this.
  15. gill

gill - Rookie -

So I've given up on The Witcher 3 and moved on to Metal Gear Solid V after getting it for Christmas. I like The Witcher 3's story but the combat is still something I'm not used to (it feels clunky to me).

Anyway... as for MGS5, if this is Kojima's last MGS game, the man went all out and give us fans of the series an amazing experience. I'm nearly 30 hours played since getting it on Christmas and I'm only 20% completion rate. Most of that time is done with the Side Ops missions. The Side Mission tend to be the same over and over (rescue a soldier, rescue a prisoner... etc.) but the fact that Kojima made it so that you can play your own way (Stealth, go full-on Rambo or a mix of both) is what makes it not feel repetitive at all.

There's also a lot of customizations in this game: your base, equipment, the "buddies" you take on to missions with you, the crew/soldiers you gather to build up your army... it's up to you how to develop them. The freedom given to you on how to approach each and every single mission should be praised. I can see how this is getting Game of the Year awards on some websites.

For the technical side of things (since I got it on Steam), I cranked up all the graphics settings and it's a stable 60 frames per second. This game is beautiful. Warner Bros. should take notes from this on how to do a PC port properly (looking at you, Arkham Knight!).

I just love it. It's my Game of the Year too. I give the story to Witcher 3 but the gameplay and overall package, MGS5 is it.

raviator likes this.
  16. Weezy

Thanks man, took over a week, but I am well again. I always do order everything on Amazon. Games, blurays, books, wires, phone cases, memory sticks, you name it, but 2K16 was $50 on Amazon and $30 on BB, so I went with it. Anyway, the game is awesome, I can finally see the Lakers win by using proper lineups and running plays. Strangely, Russell doesn't really look anything like he does in real life, but hey, at least I can play him as much as I want.

gill likes this.
  17. gill

gill - Rookie -

Did you fire Byron Scott in 2K16?

18. Weezy

I didn't know you could do that. I also can't remember how to put Metta on the active list and put Anthony Brown on the inactive one. Menus are still so needlessly complicated.

19. gill

gill - Rookie -

So here's one crappy complaint / rant I have MGS5 - and it has nothing to do with Kojima but Konami as a slimy business. The game uses resources such as GMP (money) soldiers, and other materials to craft gear, improve your base etc.... well I just found out today, portions of those resources (guesstimating half) are stored ONLINE. If you go OFFLINE, you don't have access to those resources. Worse yet, if you go into OFFLINE and have negative amount of money, soldiers you recruited will leave :|

Only way to go offline permanently? Decline the Terms of Service upon start up (which I didn't) or block the game on Windows Firewall.

F. U. Konami!!!

Weezy likes this.
  20. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I finally picked up Uncharted. Damn these games are fun. :D

Should have been on top of this a long time ago. I'm half way through #2 and it's a blast.

gill and Weezy like this.