Game Of Thrones

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by RasAlgethi, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Azndude2190

Azndude2190 - Lakers 6th Man -

Jon rode a dragon :Brows:

2. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Boy it's going to be a loooong freakin wait for the final season. What a finale though, not perfect sure, but for me it was pretty damn fantastic.

I was sort of right about Arya and Sansa, not sure how long they knew Littlefinger was behind all of it, but the writers were clearly setting us up for the twist by weirdly pitting them against eachother. I assume Bran finally stopped staring at that tree and speaking in useless riddles and clued them both in to everything he's ever done.

Speaking of which, maybe he should have sent an implausibly fast raven to the ship Jon was on to inform him not to bone his aunt instead of saying it over and over very slowly. "We. Have. To. Tell. Him." Then. Do. It. :D I assume he could see what was happening on the ship and was like ew, little too late.

Seriously though, a lot of laughs in this episode, some great reunions, great tense scenes with characters we haven't seen together for a while. The conversation to start the episode about "c***less" men and why they even go on was hilarious. I also laughed at each "we're f*****".

So much to digest here still, but some other thoughts. I was on edge as the good guys marched into enemy territory, and then as the Lannisters came in, and then again as the wight was about to be released, serious heart racing nervous stuff. Has there been a more satisfying death than Littlefinger's? Close to or equal maybe, but not more for me. At least not until Cersei gets hers, psycho b****. I had forgotten about the ice dragon even after Cersei sort of reminded us, and then it showed up and it's like oh, that wall is going down. Kind of a weird touch to give it holey wings, but it did look cool. I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff here, but it was a long episode, was like a movie l really, great stuff.

3. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

NK taking down the wall with Viserion is beyond lazy writing. I guess, if it wasn't for a "gift wrapped dragon" the south would be safe for the next thousand years...

4. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

So who got more inches of Snow last night, King's Landing or Dany?

5. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst

:Laugh:

Great episode and I was definitely on some pins and needles during some scenes. The first ones that come to find are when Tyrion goes to speak with his sister and as he is walking about from the group I feel like this could be it for him. This show is notorious with leaving us with crappy feelings/news for the year till the next season. I really thought he was going to get canned. I also was a little worried about Jamie when he was arguing with his sister, because it looked like Cersei did tell the mountain to kill him. Speaking of Jamie, I'm a fan of his and have been for some time. Glad it looks like is left and joining the Warriors (super team of Dani and Jon).

Loved the arya and Sansa seen with Little Finger. Again I figured Arya was about to go ham or something on all those guards and didn't think the writers would get rid of Little FInger this season. Great to see and how they killed him was great.

Not sure why we have to wait till 2019, but thats what everyone is saying when Season 8 is going to come out...??

6. Savory Griddles

Yeah. He had aunts in his pants.

7. Battle Tested20

Technical Data Analyst
  8. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Bran: I'm the three eyed raven.
    Sam: Ohhhhh... what does that mean

Bran: Jon is coming with Dany
    Sam: did you see that in a vision
    Bran: *holds up scroll*

therealdeal and Battle Tested20 like this.
  9. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

Aegon.

I have a suspicion that Jon will die before he or anyone finds out, with only Sam and Bran knowing, Dany being pregnant with the rightful heir to the throne, and Sam secretly recording it back at the Citadel, as was the marriage between Rhaegar and Lyanna, once everything has settled.

We have to wait until 2019 for the final season. I'm going to die.

10. Savory Griddles

All jokes aside, these are my thoughts:

I loved all the little conversations and reunions between people who haven’t seen each other in years. Braun and Tyrion acknowledging they missed each other. The Hound and Brienne having their little conversation.

Not sure about the way they handled Jon’s reveal as the true heir of Westeros. It was extremely heavy handed. I realize there are a lot of people who watch the show and don’t get into this stuff as deep as people like us who post on the internet about it, but that was the most expository sequence this show has ever done.

I like how confident Jon was when he showed up to Dany’s room. They didn’t even speak. He must have eaten an entire bowl of fermented crab.

The Arya/Sansa/Littlefinger story line was still disappointing. At the end, it appears Sansa and Arya are on the same page, but what transpired to get them there? They were having private conversations with no one in the room but them where they were at odds. It felt like the writers were so concerned with the twist in the great hall (Arya not being called, but Littlefinger), they ignored how we got there. I think we were made to believe Bran maybe finally decided to speak up and tell them what was really happening (as evident from him finally saying something during the trial). Whatever. The master manipulator that plummeted an entire continent into all-out war lost a battle of wits with a couple teenage girls.

Kind of like last week’s episode, it sounds like I’m being critical, but I still enjoyed it immensely. It’s just with Game of Thrones, I’ve grown accustomed to not only enjoying the show, but having it make me think. This season felt a little rushed.

Battle Tested20 and Barnstable like this.
  11. Savory Griddles

I can't imagine this happening. Jon will find out. There is no way they can have them hook up and then not have them face the music. Them having sex along with the heavy handed reveal that he's the rightful heir to the throne provides some pretty significant plot armor for a good portion of next season. They will delve into what him being the rightful heir to the throne does to Dany. Dany defines her claim to the throne through her Targaryen heritage. Using the very logic and circumstances that she uses to make her the rightful queen, she must admit Jon is the heir to the Iron Throne. If she does not, then she is a true usurper in the same way Stannis would have been had Joffery been a legit Baratheon.

Weezy and Barnstable like this.
  12. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

I'm just thinking about Jon's nature as well though.

He's acknowledged himself that he doesn't want to rule the Seven Kingdoms. Maybe he does learn of it, but keeps it to himself for his love of Dany. Either way, their child would be the rightful heir to the throne outright.

And maybe Dany learns sometime later of Jon's heritage, but I think she'd be more happy that she has an actual child more than anything. But I still think it doesn't get out to everyone.

13. Savory Griddles

I could see it not getting out to everyone, but Jon and Dany will almost certainly find out, especially since they are both on their way to Winterfell right now.

therealdeal likes this.
  14. Battle Tested20

Technical Data Analyst
  15. Kenzo

Kenzo - Lakers All Star -

Still love the show... but pray to God that GRMM writes it "different".
    Beric and Tormund are pretty much gone, right? :(

16. Kou

Kou - Lakers 6th Man -

Tormund cannot be gone as he needs to make monsters with Breanne!

I felt a bit disappointed in some ways about the last episode, I feel like the whole series they for some reason have crammed into 7 episodes and its made a lot of unnecessary things as major points and a lot of strange plot holes and lazy writing.

- How did they get the chains to the bottom of that lake to get the dragon? Where did the chains come from? Were they carrying them along the whole time?
    - Reeks Redemption (TM)
    - Jon x Dany thing just ugh.
    - Ice Dragon destroying the wall that's stood forever
    - The obvious double cross on Littlefinger
    - Bran: I'm the three eyed raven I see everything, Sam: Did you know about the secret marriage, Bran: ...........what? (Also Sam stealing credit from Gilly and apparently remembering a throwaway comment on the road.)

Maybe i'm just nitpicking a lot, the series was still amazing, it just feels like there are a lot of unresolved things that are going to now be packed into one series and the only major thing that sort of got resolved was Jons heritage.

The Jamie bit had me and my fiancé on edge though like "HE CANT DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" haha.

17. Kou

Kou - Lakers 6th Man -

Also:

Does Gendry have a legitimate claim to the Iron Throne?

18. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

He has one but it's not a very strong one compared to other main characters.

Savory Griddles likes this.
  19. Savory Griddles

I kind of wonder if he has a stronger one than Cersei? Anyone know how that works? Can a bastard of the king have a better claim than a queen that was "married into" royalty? Gendry would have "royal blood" where Cercei doesn't.

And if we're all being totally honest, since Robert Baratheon can just say, "F--- it. I wanna be da king now." the strongest claim really boils down to the strongest/smartest/loved person.

20. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

The strongest claim right now, despite Jon's heritage, is Dany for exactly that reason: she's got two dragons and two massive armies. Nobody else has that on the board, which makes her the strongest claim.

Robert took the throne and he was literally an usurper who, according to the early parts of the story, wasn't exactly universally loved. His claim was shaky from the beginning, but he took it with might and power and so was a deserving king.

I think right now the "worthiness" rankings are:
    Cersei- She's on the throne now, was the most recent queen, and still holds the throne. She doesn't have a "claim", she's got a title.
    Dany- Power before everything, but she's also got a strong lineage as well.
    Jon- By the law he is the rightful heir to the previous regime. It can be said that he's the rightful heir, but he has less forces than Dany.
    Sansa- Ironically she has a strong bid. As of right now, she's the Queen in the North and she's been married to both Baratheon and Lannister. She could make a case for the throne herself although it'd be a stretch. Not to mention, she's 100% high-born.
    Gendry- The bastard of the usurper with some allies, but all who have stronger bids, that's a very tall order.