Dreams

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Barnstable, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Barnstable

Barnstable Supreme Fuzzler of Lakersball.com Staff Member

I had a dream last night that the Lakers were playing the Portland Trailblazers in Portland in the 1980's.

Kobe was still on the team, and also an FBI agent investigating the mafia in the Portland area. His partner was named Allen Porter, and he played or the Trailblazers. During the game, the Lakers were down big, by like 80 points. Kobe and Allen were also trying to gather evidence against the mafia while playing the game. At some point, the Mafia found out that Kobe an Allen were investigating them, and started shooting at them from up in the cat walk around the court, so Kobe and Allen returned fire and had to hug close to the frozen food section, because the court was also a grocery store. While Kobe and Allen were trying to run to the cover of some big boxes on the floor, Allen moved out from the cover of the frozen food isle a little too far, and they shot him in the back and killed him. Kobe was so upset that he dunked the ball on the next play, and led the Lakers to come back from 80pts down to win the game, and put the mob behind bars. It was considered one of the greatest basketball games ever, and even though Allen played for the Trailblazers, his death helped us beat his team, so he was hailed as a Lakers hero/double agent.

That's all I remember. Had to type that out before I forgot. There were a lot of other details about the investigation that are too fuzzy to remember.

If you remember a dream you had, post it in here.

2. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

I use to have dreams, remembered them and written it down as soon as I woke up but it's been years.

I'll see if I can find them.

3. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    I remember as a kid having a recurring nightmare about running from a monster in a grocery store. Used to have it a lot. Never been in a grocery store since. J/K.

I really don't remember my dreams unless I'm really stressed out about something, which is really rare.

From google: The average person has three to five dreams per night, and some may have up to seven; however, most dreams are immediately or quickly forgotten. Dreams tend to last longer as the night progresses. During a full eight-hour night sleep, most dreams occur in the typical two hours of REM.

4. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

When I sleep, 90% of the time I don't dream anything or forget what I was dreaming the second I woke up. The only consistent time in my life when I remembered my dreams was right after I put my dog down...I kept dreaming about the day before we put him down knowing what was coming the next day. Must have had that dream 40-50 times in the months after.

5. davriver209

davriver209 - Rookie -

Police Officer
    When I was about 6-7 years old, I used to have a daily nightmare where I would be chased by Chucky the doll in my old house. Chucky looked the same like on the movies, except he would chase me around on what I can only describe as a hovercraft. The safe zone was outside in the backyard of the house where the cartoon character speed racer would be waiting for me by his car... I had that dream multiple times during my childhood, I still remember them vividly.

Barnstable likes this.
  6. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

This reminds me of a prank a pulled. Some neighbor had this elaborate ferris wheel Christmas decoration in their front lawn. Seated in the ferris wheel were elves, snowmen and other Christmas characters. The second year he had it up I got a Chucky doll and replaced one of the characters with him. Chucky sat in that Ferris wheel for a good week. I didn't personally know this neighbor whatsoever. I was in my mid 30's when I did this. I am not ashamed at all.

Barnstable likes this.
  7. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    I'm pretty sure this isn't supposed to be the case considering what we supposedly "know" about dreams and sleep, but I occasionally can have a vivid trippy dream that seems to last hours during a light 20 minute nap.

And it hasn't happened in a while, but I pretty regularly have lucid dreams. Usually I'm not able to do too much though. I get too excited once I recognize lucidity and wake up. Once had a lucid dream within a dream though. That was trippy.

So for the most part, I'm able to remember my dreams and they can be pretty weird and fun ... yet the one recurring dream I'll occasionally have is super boring and stressful. Basically I'll be back in high school and the dream will span months. I'm working my way through the semester and having a blast ... and then I realize that there is one class I totally forgot about all semester and I start freaking out because I have months of work to catch up on.

8. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

Dreams are awesome.

But as I understand the human anatomy and how our brain works more, I feel dreams are just stray "information" that course through our brains like a hard drive or the internet. Our bodies use electrical connections for everything to the brain, and I feel it captures our memories and experiences from everything we see, smell, and feel.

We aren't perfect, so these little bits of information get strewn together in our minds to produce these images in our head that feel absolutely real. And sometimes, the dreams are made up of what we were usually thinking of last as we stored the information in our heads.

It's also why I think people see life "flash before their eyes" when they have a near death experience or die. It's like an information overload that just probably happens when adrenaline kicks in or a response perhaps.

Or maybe it's something more. Who knows.

:Blink:

9. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

^^^ I believe it's something more. Too many people have almost the same experiences, sights, smells, out of body experiences seeing things they couldn't possibly have seen. I don't think we have a clue what consciousness really is, and I think there are everyday normal dreams, and there are big dreams. I don't think we are walking computers, I think there's a lot more to it than that, and I say all this not being a religious person at all or having some dog in the fight. The mystery of it all fascinates me, but I don't think mainstream science dedicates themselves to asking or researching the right questions because for some reason that stuff has become off limits the last 100 years or so.

Oh and what about sleep paralysis? I've had it, and I understand it, and it's terrifying regardless. But I can FEEL it coming on in my actual dreams, I can feel it be triggered. And what about the people that see beings when they experience it, the shadow man for example? What the hell is that about? I don't believe it's necessarily something like "ghosts" or "demons" or even supernatural, but it's fascinating and I think it says to me even more that we don't know what reality actually is. For anyone interested in a great documentary on that, watch The Nightmare on Netflix. Like I said I've experienced it, and occasionally still do, but not like these poor people.

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  10. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I've had sleep paralysis too and it's f***ing horrifying. I'd love to talk about that stuff. I know there's a scientific explanation for what sleep paralysis is, but I still whole heartedly believe there's a paranormal aspect to it. That's not to say I'm being possessed or haunted, but that there's a stimulus I can't explain and I see/feel things that are inexplicable. It's easy to write those off as dreams or nothing of substance, but when you live it there just seems to be more to it. It's horrifying...

And I feel it coming too! I've been able to fight it off a couple times by forcing myself to scream as loud as I can. Usually it comes out as a squeak but eventually I can get to a full blown roar and wake my wife up. I've been able to do that a couple of times, but it's far from an exact defense against sleep paralysis.

Barnstable and Weezy like this.