Dodger Talk

Discussion in 'Other Sports Discussion' started by TIME, Oct 1, 2014.

1. acetabulum7

acetabulum7 - Rookie -

Their fans have class???

:D

Here's a video of them making racist comments to black people protesting the Ferguson trial. Doesn't matter what side of the fence you're on, you just don't yell out crap like that. Don't agree with them? Just ignore them:

http://new.livestream.com/accounts/9035483/events/3271930/videos/64205421

Oh, and of course we can't forget when St. Louis called us a Mickey Mouse team last year when we exuberantly celebrated two hits on our home turf. But it's okay for them to celebrate exuberantly for every. single. hit. and strike out:

http://deadspin.com/why-dont-the-st-louis-cardinals-respect-the-game-1445679050

What complete hypocrisy/double-standard/joke of a franchise. I'd have to say I despise them almost as much as the Pierce/Garnett C Bags.

Oh, and who can forget Matt Adams shoving a fan earlier this year like the insecure punk that he is?

Yes, it was a light shove, but you still can't do that. Classless. All classless.

2. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    ^^ Are the Dodgers fans and organization classy? Because I can list WAY more than that if you want me to.

3. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

I think there's two things at play here:

1. The vast, vast, vast majority of Dodger fans ARE classy but there's certainly bad apples. See: Raider fans.

2. Despite the Cards' reputation, I actually agree that they're not as classy an organization as they pretend to be. I think they fancy themselves morally superior, but in reality their team is willing to skirt the boundaries to win. I would compare them to the C Bags. The C Bags have done all the dirty tricks to win. Some of them over the line (Doc encouraged Fat*** Davis to go after Shaq's thumb). Some of them completely reasonable, but not necessarily "right" (turning up the heat in their stadium).

The Cards beaned our guys relentlessly in our series. I think Puig was hit like three times in that series alone. If you can't pitch inside, then don't try. Stop hitting our guys. There's other things I can't think of right now, but I think that's what acetebulum7 means.

acetabulum7 likes this.
  4. acetabulum7

acetabulum7 - Rookie -

No one is saying Dodgers are the classiest organization in baseball. It's just everywhere I go, it's "Cardinals are classy! Cardinals are classy!" Maybe they were classy last decade but certainly not in the last few years.

If they have a certain aura/label/mantra attached to them, they need to prove it, not use it as a get out of jail free card to crap on other people.

Do you think Clayton Kershaw would call others Mickey Mouse Club people? Mark Ellis? Tim Duncan? Kevin Durant? No, they play like secure class-act grown-ups and keep their mouths shut.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  5. acetabulum7

acetabulum7 - Rookie -

Definitely there are bad apples like pathetic fans who get into fights.

6. acetabulum7

acetabulum7 - Rookie -

Anyways, I'm getting way off topic; no hard feelings at all John, or any other poster here. Talk is good. :inlove::inlove::inlove:

Damn, I love these new emoticons.

Well, congrats to the Giants for winning Game 1. They are definitely more seasoned than KC and laid the smackdown good. Reminds me of the Red Sox vs Rockies WS in '07, I think, when the Rockies were undefeated all postseason until they hit the green monster wall. I just don't want to see a third Giants championship, please. :tmi:

John3:16 likes this.
  7. acetabulum7

acetabulum7 - Rookie -

Scouting director Logan White leaves the Dodgers for the Padres.

Yes, the same Logan White who found Clayton Kershaw, Matt Kemp, Yasiel Puig, and Hyun-Jin Ryu.

Guess we have other plans.

8. therealdeal

Hm... well I guess we're really going to rely on our new toy then.

9. John3:16

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    Not looking good for the G-men. I hope Bochy pitches Bumgarner. Shoulda had him pitch 1 - 4 - 7. I don't think Huddy goes many innings. Bats gotta wake up (Posey).

I'll start a Giants thread tonight, win or lose.

10. therealdeal

Yeah please go away! :punch:

John3:16 likes this.
  11. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    Go Royals!!! :devil:

therealdeal likes this.
  12. John3:16

CEO - Big Baller Brand
    3 in 5. Only favored in one series out of all of them. MadBum greatest World Series pitcher ever.

Okay, I'm out of this thread.

13. TIME

TIME Administrator Staff Member

Lifelong Lakers fan.
    I hate that the Giants don't know how to lose.

therealdeal likes this.
  14. acetabulum7

acetabulum7 - Rookie -

That's the thing; certain teams like the Giants and Cards just know how to get players that are good enough to get into the postseason, and then excel on the big stage.

Doesn't matter how many Cy Youngs you have on your belt; if your postseason ERA is 7, you're completely useless. Maybe Kershaw is just going through growing pains like most superstars do like Jordan, Shaq, LeBron, etc. It's just maddening to have to wait.

Congrats to the Giants, though. Ugh. I feel like the Sonics or Knicks of the 90's.

15. therealdeal

This off-season should be an interesting one to say the least. Have to think our big three pitchers are back along with Haren... Then what? I'd really love to see our new President bring in another high level pitcher. I know Price's name has been thrown around, I'd absolutely be ecstatic about that.

More importantly I want some fireballers out of our pen. Wilson I can do without. Give me a guy who will throw 98 at 'em and give me three outs a night in the 8th inning. Can we do that? Everybody else seems to have them, where's ours? Baez? Not good enough. Once Withrow went down we were in trouble. We need more ARMS!

16. acetabulum7

acetabulum7 - Rookie -

My guess is we'll get at least two mediocre but effective starters. No way we are getting Scherzer, Lester, or Shields, or trading for Price.

Scherzer turned down a Greinke-like contract earlier in the year, and we don't have the assets for Price, unless we trade Puig. And that's if Price gets a multi-year extension, cause I ain't renting Price for one year when we can go after him as a free agent after next season.

As for the pen, it's still a colossal mess, yet most of them will be returning. Can't move bad contracts, and Mattingly wants to give the young kids a chance.

Best approach is to overpay for at least two hot relievers. If not, then we're just hoping everyone "gets better," which is a horrible way to approach the off-season considering Mattingly will still play Wilson 60-70 innings, 5.00 ERA be damned!

17. VinMillerHearn24

VinMillerHearn24 - Rookie -

I guess if the pen stays together, we will be seeing a lot of "Baez entering the game for Kershaw." And we all know how that ended up.

acetabulum7 likes this.
  18. VinMillerHearn24

So yesterday the Dodgers offed Hanley a qualifying offer of $15.3 mil. I pretty much expect him to turn down that offer and walk. If he does go to a team with an unprotected pick, we get a 1st rounder out of it..But I'm pretty sure he's going to walk away and find a better offer someplace else, oh well. And we officially picked up Brian Wilson's team option for next season, shocker...

19. therealdeal

I thought Wilson's was a player option?

20. VinMillerHearn24

Sorry, you are correct, it was a player option, not team option.