D'Angelo Russell Discussion: All Time Lakers Season 3 Point Shooter

Discussion in 'Lakers Discussion' started by The Original 81, Jun 25, 2015.

1. John3:16

John3:16 Moderator Staff Member

CEO - Big Baller Brand

That video, especially the end, has me hyped for the season.

sirronstuff likes this.
  2. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

i miss metta already

:DNO2::Crazyartest:

sirronstuff likes this.
  3. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

So the phone thing is still getting brought up but let's all forget the fact that NICK YOUNG CHEATED ON HIS GIRLFRIEND!!

scnottaken and Weezy like this.
  4. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

only thing i can figure is that some circles know that it wasn't a mistake? because i mean, if it's acknowledged that it was just teenage d******ery...people should have been over it. a long time ago.

scnottaken, therealdeal and Juronimo like this.
  5. sirronstuff

sirronstuff - Lakers Legend -

Your time is running out Ham
    A sincere apology goes a long ways. If that didn't occur, then it will linger longer.

I think he'll be an All Star, so Magic and Rob must have felt they were trading him for PG, plus a pick, plus an All Star center they may flip for additional assets, and of course the cap room to make it all happen.

I don't think this trade can be properly evaluated yet, but I'm already ok with the return because it helped us open a max slot for a mature developed player that I have confidence we'll sign.

6. abeer3

abeer3 - Lakers Legend -

once the lakers use that space to acquire someone, i've forgotten about it. or if russell stagnates or regresses. but man, you've got to feel REALLY confident to make that move at that point. and magic said very specifically that he was. so we'll see.

TIME, 432J and jbiggs like this.
  7. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

That's basically why I still have lingering hope right now. Every sports writer in the world from Ramona to Scoop Jackson to Indiana's beat writers all think Paul George has his heart set on coming here. Every report we've seen still says that George's agent has been steering things towards LA and that George won't sign an extension with any team... Until those narratives change, I'm going to hold out hope. He may go somewhere to win, but if that happens then we'll just have to adjust our own plans.

I'm going to flip this back to the Laker thread though.

8. tada

tada - Lakers All Star -

LTLakerFan likes this.
  9. Punk-101

Punk-101 - Lakers Starter -

Guys... @trodgers and i go way back to CL days so, not sure if he wanted me to tell y'all, but trodgers (Travis Rodgers) is D'Angelo's personal hair stylist and tattoo artist. He was a philosophy professor, but summers he flies around the country as a highly sought-after barber/hairstylist and tattoo artist. He connected with D'Lo at summer league last year in vegas and stayed in contact ever since. That's why he's been so much in Russell's corner, defending him here at LB. Last I PMed him, he said he was quitting his job at the university and getting paid quite handsomely to move to Brooklyn to work for D'Lo full time. Travis and his family are happy and well. But, his days here at LB are behind us.

SamsonMiodek, TIME, Juronimo and 4 others like this.
  10. trodgers

trodgers Administrator Staff Member

Professor of Humanities
    I've got not much to say right now that people here want to hear. I think it was a catastrophically stupid decision by management that really made me doubt that they have a clue. So it's a failure as a trade, in my view. It's a failure to mentor a player who has tremendous talent, so it's a failure as a GM, in my view. Calling Ball the face of the franchise is a slap in the face to Ingram, so I think it's bad for the core. The team still sucks, so I think it's bad for fans. And anyone who voiced any resistance to these moves - Ball up, DAR down - was sort of crucified here. I reached out to Barns to let him know about my stance on these things. I may be back and posting regularly at some point, but right now I feel like I did in 1993, when I stopped watching the Raiders and followed the Chiefs until Marcus Allen retired. Not much desire to talk about the Lakers right now.

11. trodgers

trodgers Administrator Staff Member

Professor of Humanities
    :Laugh:
    Cuts deep, bro! (Like my clippers when I'm taking down a 'fro.)

12. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

Damn, really sorry to hear this. Hopefully your mind is changed when you see the team play this year. Hopefully Ball can live up to some of the hype and help the team start playing together, bring some exciting basketball back to LA. I actually think we are going to suck too unless we make a trade for George out of nowhere for spare parts, but I'm in the acceptance stage.

13. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
    Wow, never would have guessed this. @trodgers will be missed

Congrats on the job though and we wish you the best

14. 432J

432J - Lakers All Star -

yeah without PG i don't see this team winning more than 25 games

unless ball starts draining 3s right away, we have absolutely no one who can consistently shoot the long ball. rebounding is another very weak area aside from randle and LNJ

and on top of that, we all know this team doesn't play D. the d-lo trade will really only be justified in my eyes if we can land PG. there's still time obviously but in the meantime we'll have to endure yet another 50+ loss season

scnottaken likes this.
  15. alam1108

alam1108 - Lakers Legend -

Maybe when things cool off a bit you'd be willing to give your take on it, I'd love to hear it. Going to miss you and your numbers, hope you return sooner than later.

sirronstuff, trodgers, tada and 2 others like this.
  16. gcclaker

gcclaker Moderator Staff Member

...see you soon at the Raiders thread here. :)

17. sirronstuff

It's not often that @trodgers is so clearly and blatantly wrong, but if his response is to run and hide in the face of adversity, that's just weak sauce.

[​IMG] :Fishwink::Brows:

I hope DLO does something really stupid soon and helps you realize that it wasn't so bad. I totally agree he'll likely end up being a multi-time all star, but if he was a disruptive force to a championship chi ala Dwight, I'm willing to roll with our other guys. We potentially had a drafted lineup of 5 future all stars which is cool and incredibly rare, but if the fit wasn't there, then someone had to go.

I trust that the stuff behind the scenes we don't know about and the two girls that DLO got pregnant and paid for the abortions on is just the beginning of what has happened in the last couple of years.

:Crazyartest:

/allegedly

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  18. sirronstuff

If it makes you feel any better, I know the amount of time you spent compiling data feels like a total waste of time right now. I feel it too, but just in hundreds of hours of gifs.

Here is a chunk of the work I did that now hits the trash heap for me or is "archived". :dwightcrying: I feel your pain in that regard, but I do think the team made the right decision. Only time will tell though.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

19. therealdeal

therealdeal Moderator Staff Member

Sell 'em to a Brooklyn blog?

20. sirronstuff

if I cared enough I suppose

I'm kind of bummed that the new guy isn't a super facial expression guy. Limits the possibilities. Like Lou Williams. His face didn't change. Nothing. Nada.

KareemtheGreat33 and LTLakerFan like this.