Brandon Ingram Discussion: He Is Who We Thought He Could Be

Discussion in 'NBA Discussion' started by Lakers2015, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

solid gm Mr. Sandman

2. Helljumper

Helljumper - Lakers All Star -

Student
    I was begging for us to run plays for BI down the stretch. Would’ve been much more comfortable getting him in his spots in the midrange and high post. Instead we got Lebron dribbling down the shot clock and then playing pick and roll with Rondo with everyone else standing around.

lakerjones and LTLakerFan like this.
  3. lakerfan2

lakerfan2 - Lakers All Star -

I’ve been down on Ingram this whole season, but these past few games is something I haven’t seen from him. Consistency and confidence.

Keep it up young fella, I’m not ready to give up on you yet. Stay healthy and take that next step.

CarolinaLakerFan, shoe, tada and 2 others like this.
  4. fabfourlakers

fabfourlakers - Lakers Starter -

If Ingram steps up in the next 4-5 games against the Warriors, Pacers, C Bags, and Sixers all on the ROAD...then we may be able to keep one of Lonzo, kuzma and Ingram after all...

OR it'll convince the Pelicans to do one of the deals that we've already offered...

JohnnyComeLately2k6 likes this.
  5. Weezy

Weezy Moderator Staff Member

He always seems to come on late. Like it takes him more than half the season to wake up and figure it out. It’s weird, if he’s here long term hopefully he’ll start doing this out of the gate.

6. Kou

Kou - Lakers 6th Man -

He's definitely been much much better these past few games, confident, should of got more plays down the stretch.

7. vasashi17

vasashi17 LB's Resident Capologist

I'm seeing Tatum is a better player than BI...really?

Put BI in Stevens defensive system and look at BI's Drtg then.

True or false? Tatum & Brown look better when Hayward and Ky are off the floor.

BI and Bron haven't got it clicking...yet!
    #GrowingPains

8. Battle Tested20

Battle Tested20 Moderator Staff Member

Technical Data Analyst
  9. Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles Moderator Staff Member

Well, you're going to get your wish. We likely aren't making any trades this season. And if we don't nail a free agent this offseason (likely to be honest) then we're going to rinse and repeat this offseason again next year and then replace McGee with AD in 2020.

10. vasashi17

Orange colored glasses much? Why so salty at our outlook?

Your taste is obviously savory...mines just a little more sweet.

We've traded the last 2 deadlines (Magic by himself with Lou for Brew and 28...and JC/Nance for Bron/25) so I see us getting busy, if not at the deadline, then this summer.

2017 free agency begin our Klutch relations that led to Bron and AD actively getting to us. Who'd we really miss out on in 2017? KD and Curry were going to stay with the dubs...so who does that leave? Hayward.

2018 we got "the" free agent. Boogie unfortunately went down and Paula a skirt (we dodged a bullet with that...better in bed with Klutch rather than Mintz).

So now comes 2019 free agency where there's a boat load of free agents and you think we're not going to be active in that sumab****...really?!?

#YoureGoingToCWhatYouWannaC

KareemtheGreat33 likes this.
  11. Savory Griddles

I agree. It would suck if we had Paula's 27 ppg and 40% 3 point shooting. Dodged a huge bullet there.

abeer3, shoe and Khmrp like this.
  12. vasashi17

So short Cighted...

#NotClutch

Probably bawling about DLo/Jules too, aye TeamMintz?

I'll shoot my shot for AD and possibly Simmons down the line.
    #TeamKlutch

13. Savory Griddles

Yeah...so if we would have signed PG we still would have had all our assets to trade for AD. Granted, the level of butthurt by other teams would likely be even higher if we were trying to ad AD to Lebron and PG, but I'd be willing to deal with that.

And you're resorting to him not being clutch? Really? His "clutchness" wouldn't matter right now. If you replace Kuzma or Ingram with PG in the lineup and in the process strengthen our bench, we are probably comfortably third in the West.

It's hard to take your arguments seriously when you suggest I'm being short sighted and we're better off right now without Paul George than we would be with him and his 27ppg...27 ppg that would not have cost us ANY of our youth.

Khmrp, shoe and abeer3 like this.
  14. vasashi17

^^^Im resorting to Paula's clutch (pun intended) to work my Klutch angle...

[​IMG]

So that part, you probably took too seriously.

Another thing you took too seriously is Paula's tailbone...she was hellbent on getting here...and we did sacrifice our youth (Nance, JC, Jules and TB remember?)...but she reneged by not only ducking Magic, but Shaw as well....she was too busy at that party with Russ's cigar (wink wink).

She woulda been a black eye to us cause she couldnt do s*** in the East and got bounced out the 1st round when she came out west.

If we're going to play hypotheticals...then maybe by helping Klutch klient Kcp to technically a 2yr 30m deal is what led to bagging Bron and has Klutch more motivated to strongarm Davis here. And you're absolutely right...the league would be more motivated not to deal Davis to us for our kiddies.

But here's the kicker...with Paula on our roster, we don't have enough outgoing salary in our youth to get a deal done for AD right now (even without the roster space conundrum in a midseason trade)...and if it carried into the summer, we wouldn't have enough capspace to take AD's contract partially in cause Deng's dead cap would reflect a full stretch (rather than a buyout stretch) to bring in Paula's heels the previous summer. Also, if Nawlins wants to dump their own bad contracts in an AD trade, what other means of salary could we use to match it if our kiddies can't bring AD's salary alone on their own?

Anyways, as it stands we still can spare one or more of BI, Zo or Kuz in a AD deal and go grab a max free agent this summer with our remaining assets and cap space via trade or otherwise.

Like I said...short Cighted.

15. bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy - Rookie -

All Ingram does is f***ing isolate and take contested jumpers. Has no sense of playing within a team offense. He's not KD. I hope we can deal him to the Pelicans and keep Kuzma or Ball.

shoe, abeer3 and alam1108 like this.
  16. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

and yet he was still the most efficient one in that gm, not saying much tho but he was scoring well till.the 4th

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  17. LTLakerFan

LTLakerFan - Lakers Legend -

Second that and he's actually getting better with his handles and his short game. Kuz is hurting and Bron out so leaves BI to be one of the other 0-2 guys any given time that can create their own shot. He's been playing great IMO.

18. SilkWilkes52

SilkWilkes52 - Rookie -

Really like BI, he acknowledged that his shot selection in the fourth was poor. I think the team's major offensive problems are that players don't get looks when they are hot and in a good rhythm and feel compeled to force action when they finally recieve the ball. I'm not sure whether this is on Luke and his offensive sets or the point who calls the play.

Barnstable, tada, sirronstuff and 2 others like this.
  19. bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy - Rookie -

It's not about the numbers. If you watched the game, you would see the way he was getting his points was bad. He was a complete black hole on offense, and took contested shots constantly. Versus the Warriors, who played fast, shared the ball a lot, and got much better looks all game long. What kept us in the game until Curry went off was the rebounding. If you look at the assist totals for both teams you'll see a big discrepancy.

20. Khmrp

Khmrp - Lakers MVP -

they're the warriors n we're coach by walton.....no case to be made

sirronstuff likes this.